Maintenance in the middle of the day again?!

tedufisch

Hello,

first of all, I want to say. I really enjoy your game. Bought a founder pack and premium on top of it, because I want to support the growth of this game in the western world. Now to my topic...

With a huge dissapointment, I had to read on the german forums, that you are planning on doing the maintenance for the 10th of February, during the middle of the day again! For NA Servers this might be sometime during the Night, but for us EU players, the Servers will be down for the whole afternoon. The last time you did maintenance, you did it from 9-13. Why not do that again? Instead you will probably annoy a huge portion of your playerbase with a 6 hour maintenance, starting at 1pm.

I knew people would complain.I said it on another thread lol.Now i just can imagine if the patch takes longer then intended those EU people complaining that they can't play during their prime time.Oh and i'm sure some american gonna say i usually play late morning early afternoon so gonna join that thread too.

31 minutes ago, tedufisch said:

Hello,

first of all, I want to say. I really enjoy your game. Bought a founder pack and premium on top of it, because I want to support the growth of this game in the western world. Now to my topic...

With a huge dissapointment, I had to read on the german forums, that you are planning on doing the maintenance for the 10th of February, during the middle of the day again! For NA Servers this might be sometime during the Night, but for us EU players, the Servers will be down for the whole afternoon. The last time you did maintenance, you did it from 9-13. Why not do that again? Instead you will probably annoy a huge portion of your playerbase with a 6 hour maintenance, starting at 1pm.

This sort of whining is stupid. The people who are running maintenance are normal people who work days and get paid by the hour then go home to their families. You expect them to work super long hours or work nights so they can run maintenance when it's convenient for you? Most people in NA are at work. Maybe you should get a job .

24 minutes ago, Liriel said:

This sort of whining is stupid. The people who are running maintenance are normal people who work days and get paid by the hour then go home to their families. You expect them to work super long hours or work nights so they can run maintenance when it's convenient for you? Most people in NA are at work. Maybe you should get a job .

Maybe you should get some reading comprehension? 

While you are correct in your statement that the game is managed by a team  that lives and works in NA and thus it is better for them to do these things while they are at work, the OP made it very clear that he lives in the EU. While the OP does need to understand the time difference himself and that he's playing an MMO run by an NA team, YOU need to take a step back from your attitude of "get a job" and realize that it can be anywhere between 4:30-7:30PM right now for Europe players while it is only 9:30AM for me. It's the very start of my work day, but it is the end of theirs. So, before you tell someone to get a job, mayhaps you should go do some research.

33 minutes ago, Liriel said:

If you have see other server in Asia you wont say this, they maintenance at lat like 01am~08am, so they wont make players unable to play the game also this could make them easier to make money as they dont need to kick every one out of the game during the busy hours.

There were 2 maintenance done during EU prime time if i remember right, one massive downtime for EU server as well as server names.

now with this it will be 3 + 1 server downtime. sucks to be me who lives in EU. i hope they can balance server maintenance between NA and EU instead of putting all the bad stuff over to EU

1 hour ago, Shoshin said:

Maybe you should get some reading comprehension? 

While you are correct in your statement that the game is managed by a team  that lives and works in NA and thus it is better for them to do these things while they are at work, the OP made it very clear that he lives in the EU. While the OP does need to understand the time difference himself and that he's playing an MMO run by an NA team, YOU need to take a step back from your attitude of "get a job" and realize that it can be anywhere between 4:30-7:30PM right now for Europe players while it is only 9:30AM for me. It's the very start of my work day, but it is the end of theirs. So, before you tell someone to get a job, mayhaps you should go do some research.

Maybe he should get a night job then since he feels that the NA team should work long hours into the night so they can do maintenance whe it's convenient for the EUS. Hear that? It's my lack of ****s to give.

I paid for premium because I wanted to do something to support the game and I had some extra time, since I'm on break from classes. What I want to know is if I'm going to get compensated for half a day of premium I'm not going to get to use on prime time and not to mention the game I will not be able to enjoy that day. NA users will have no problems with that, so apparently their money is better than ours. 

They could have easily fixed this by starting at midnight or 1AM NA time, which would at least mean it would only be a lost morning for us, but no, it was too much work.
Guess who is not going to get premium again. Paying not to be able to play due to shitty maintenance schedules is like getting spat at in the face by NCSoft.

2 minutes ago, JustinCase said:

Last i knew the server was NA not EU. Why would a NA server cater to the EU players over the people the server was made for?

2 different server bases, one is NA, one is EU, if you load up the game you'll see a little drop down arrow above "play" saying what server you are on

The amount of NCSoft white knights around here makes me wanna puke.

It's not like we don't enjoy the game like you guys do or else we wouldn't be playing.

Truth is, the time for maintnance is bad for EU and something should be done to change that.

2 hours ago, Liriel said:

You do know the server is in Texas, right? That means those "people" will work at night to get things done here in US.

Server technicians work on different hours, they often have erratic work hours and often when there are big server update, they would need to work off the night. How do I know? I have done this in university before, just when I help my boss to upgrade the whole school system to Window 7.

43 minutes ago, Callback said:

Middle of the day is ideal.  Most players have work or class at that time anyway, and having a fresh patch ready when they get home to log on is great.

It is not "ideal" at all, dont know anyone who comes home from class at 6-7 pm. The patch time is completely rubbish and Id say if they pushed it up 2-3 hours it would be fine since it would be ending at around 3-4 instead and thats abit better.

3 minutes ago, Senzura said:

It is not "ideal" at all, dont know anyone who comes home from class at 6-7 pm. The patch time is completely rubbish and Id say if they pushed it up 2-3 hours it would be fine since it would be ending at around 3-4 instead and thats abit better.

Most people get home from work after 6.  You get out at 5 or 6 depending on how you handle lunch, then need to commute home.  It's absolutely the ideal time for the vast majority of Americans.

The issue is time zones, but in that case it's fair to assume operation where the servers are, which I believe is Central time.

Archived