Gem for FM

MaelstromMaster

What kind of gem should I pick for FM?

So far, I have

- Diamond + 25 Attack Power

- Ruby + 100 Additional Damage

- Amethyst + 90 Life Drain

- Empty slot

I wonder what gem should I pick for the 4th slot? Should I upgrade the ruby to higher stats or something else? And should I pick life drain or hp recovery for FM?

22 minutes ago, MaelstromMaster said:

What kind of gem should I pick for FM?

So far, I have

- Diamond + 25 Attack Power

- Ruby + 100 Additional Damage

- Amethyst + 90 Life Drain

- Empty slot

I wonder what gem should I pick for the 4th slot? Should I upgrade the ruby to higher stats or something else? And should I pick life drain or hp recovery for FM?

For id use peridot, fm comes with good evasion rate so few sec immune + crit chance is not bad, u can also use hp recovery on block or evades. Life drain and hp recovery are the same except life drain does dmg and return it as hp while recovery just recovery when u crit.

7 hours ago, MaelstromMaster said:

Thank for the response, I am thinking of life drain on stun using citrine. The problem is (yes FM has good evasion base) that my build so far is like a glass cannon tbh lol. I stack crit with decent HP and not much evasion.

When you use an i-frame skill such as Q/E/SS it counts as an "evasion" and thus will trigger the peridot. You aren't supposed to be facetanking, especially on a squishier class like FM. 

1 hour ago, MaelstromMaster said:

I am fully acknowledged that FM is not a tanker, but I found myself holding aggro most of the time even though my threat is 100.

FM actually does make a very good tank. Tank classes aren't supposed to tank either on this game, they block and dodge just the same. For example in our current patch both Mak Sobo and Poharan are better tanked by an FM than a melee tank as their ranged patterns are easier for melee classes to handle. 

Get the crit ruby instead, sapphire as well.

Ruby procs a 3s buff, making your next damaging ability, a guaranteed crit.

Sapphire does the same thing, but only procs when you get blocked. I swear, this thing is amazing for killing any of the NPCs with shields.

• 5 months later...

Get the crit ruby instead, sapphire as well.

Ruby procs a 3s buff, making your next damaging ability, a guaranteed crit.

Sapphire does the same thing, but only procs when you get blocked. I swear, this thing is amazing for killing any of the NPCs with shields.

Late response but this i agree with. I learned this from a friend in my clan that helped me when i first came to them.

*i manually quoted the above post because it wouldnt work right

On 09/02/2016 at 9:11 AM, MaelstromMaster said:

Thank for the response, I am thinking of life drain on stun using citrine.

You won't get much mileage from Citrine as FM. The stun frozen enemy with Impact doesn't work on double CC enemies and Glacial Beam has a cooldown of 36 seconds. You'd be better off with either Sapphire or Peridot instead. The latter in particular (HP regen on evasion) tends to be the least situational of the bunch, so it's the one I went with.

Archived