NCoin Fraudulent Purchases

Kaizerx

This is an alternate account of course. I've received absolutely 0 help from the customer service section after 1 whole day. My main account has been banned due to fraudulent purchases?! You have got to be kidding me... I was trying to buy premium for NCSoft and you ban me because your system is flawed and kept giving me errors when trying to make the purchases. I have invested so much time into playing this game and I get this ban on the weekend. It doesn't help that I live overseas due to being in the military and when I email you I expect a non-automated computer reply. Please BUMP up to help my account get unbanned for a flawed system. Thank you.

BUMP, that's messed up especially if you can prove that its your account. Customer Service needs to step up there ability to assist, is that question they can put on their surveys for this game? It's happened to me before, but I didn't get banned.

I didn't get banned, but I had the same payment issues during early start when I tried to upgrade to Master Pack, also in the military. I called my bank several times to check and see if payment was being declined on their end, they said no it wasn't. So I had to talk to their CS reps and also emailed the company they go through for payment after a while the company they went through for payments had to change some settings to allow me to make purchases on their end. In the meantime the multitude of attempts at trying to buy an upgrade made my bank flag the company as fraudulent so I had to call my bank to clear it then emailed the other company to make sure they know. I'm not sure what the case is for you but when my bank flagged them, one of the master pack upgrade went through and then my bank voided the transaction automatically, I wouldn't even have known if I wasn't trying to upgrade another account and had to constantly monitor my bank account to make sure nothing was being blocked. I point this out because in GW2 if a payment is made fraudulently their policy was to delete your account, not just ban it, but delete it. GW2 is not developed by NCsoft, but NCsoft is their parent company and I am not sure which policy they share.

The payment company is called Digital Rivers LLC. You might want to try and contact them instead as they proved more helpful  than BNS CS reps. Of course make sure you have your online statements ready and ticket numbers ect. Hope you get your account back.

Word of advice:

Its easier to buy the NCoin card online and add them to your account via the code you get, that way any payment issues are with a store and not NCSOFT, thus they cant ban you for that, and you will avoid 50% of these issues.

well he/she is not alone in this, heard about many ppl getting locked/banned for buying ncoins (me included) 

and the support is a bloody joke, NCsoft has got the worst support ive ever encountered since i started playing pc games in early/mid 90's

I never had problems buying NCoin until B&S launched and I decided to buy some for a premium membership.  First, I tried to purchase directly from the in-game interface and got an error.  Then, I took the website redirect from in the game to account management, got the pop-up, completed my purchase, and the bank received a pending charge.  However, no NCoins appeared and I couldn't make any more in-game purchases or from Account Management; or within Wildstar either (Weekly Purchase Limit Exceeded?!).

After a day, NCSoft support says that the charge would clear up and no NCoins were purchased, but my ability to purchase NCoin directly from NCSoft was broken.  Two weeks later, a ticket and several responses later I am at "Sorry we can't help you, ask us if you have questions" statement.  They claim their processor's 'fraudulent/suspicious' filter/system was triggered.  I asked 'why?', NCSoft Support says... "We can't answer that question.  Please feel free to ask us any questions."

It's like their Support version of a nested loop - "We can't answer that question.  Please feel free to ask us any questions."

You might as well close your ticket at that point.

I thought my problem was pretty isolated but I can see now that NCSoft has their thumbs up their bums.  It's a shame to call that system 'Support'.

39 minutes ago, Kittonin said:

This issues should be fixed ASAP, it cant take 3 days (and counting) to get solved. I'm not spending a single euro on this game untill this thing changes, is unacceptable.

Did you get your money back at least?

That's the thing ... when I tried purchasing it never even made it past the log in page... kept giving me errors whenever I would press enter to log into PayPal through their website. -___- yet they say I made fraudulent purchases. No help has been addressed to me whatsoever. I even made a page on reddit/r/bladeandsoul thinking it would help resolve my issue. It has now been 4 days.

me too i have same probleme and my account is banned. This message support

Hello Maxime,

Thank you for your patience during our research.

After consultation of your account, our payment service identified on the account, or an account associated with it , a recent attempt to purchase having generally criteria and characteristics associated with a fraudulent purchase attempt or an attempt proved to fraudulent purchase. Therefore, this account has been permanently closed and will be opened under any circumstances.

Unfortunately, we are not able to help you further about this problem or that account. Your future on that could remain unanswered.

Regards,

Theo
NCSOFT Support Team

If you would have gone through the forums a bit you would see others having the same problem. (ugh, a billion post about the same subject) One person even thinks they figured out what happened. Looks like it could be the browser you are using and NOT all NCSofts fault.

READ:

Good luck! It's absolute horseshit that you risk your account every time you want to give NCSoft money.

These frequent false flags and subsequent responses of "Kinda looked like maybe it might possibly be fraudulent (We're not actually sure), account banned, not gonna open it for any reason, *cricket* you, *cricket* off." from them is unacceptable.

ncsoft... another case of banning legit player...

i tell you guys, my guts say by the looks of the amount of legit player banned daily, in 1 year time most player that were online were probably

• bot
  • gold seller
  • master loot ninja looter (ncsoft love to protect their identity)

while the legit player is probably banned because of

• payment error
  • naming and shaming
  • using wtfast
  • using mouse n keyboard with bind capabilites
  • using dynamic ip

or the legit just quit the game with the amount of scumbag master loot ninja looter.

Sounds like their fraud prevention algorithm is a little trigger happy and their CSRs aren't sufficiently trained.

It also sounds like they have a poor reputation with banks, with the volume of NCoin transactions that are being held-up or outright declined.  That's certainly not helping.

Archived