Theballz7877

Instant Escape needs to be changed

Recommended Posts

You shouldn't be able to use your instant escape during pvp. People are using it to get away during faction and world combat. This should be used only if you are stuck.. I think changing it to not be used during combat would be acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mishi   

I agree as well. 

 

However changing to not be usable during combat could land those who get stuck in random walls while in combat into a pickle. 

It's a bit like a double edged sword on how to suggest a change which will "nix" the abuse of it in pvp, yet not mess things up for those not in pvp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mishi said:

I agree as well. 

 

However changing to not be usable during combat could land those who get stuck in random walls while in combat into a pickle. 

It's a bit like a double edged sword on how to suggest a change which will "nix" the abuse of it in pvp, yet not mess things up for those not in pvp. 

 

unlikely scenario - that would happen like 1/1000 of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callback   

How do you use that, because I've been stuck in invisible walls before and tried /unstuck but it did nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Callback said:

How do you use that, because I've been stuck in invisible walls before and tried /unstuck but it did nothing.

 

press "esc"

click "escape"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cogbyrn   

I think the problem with giving it a cast time is that you can sometimes get stuck falling under a floor (it has happened to me), and in that situation, you can't really channel a cast.  When it's instant, it gives you the ability to just get out.

 

The only solution I can think of to not break it for everything else is to have it remove your PvP uniform (if wearing one), and restrict you from using it for 10+ minutes.  That way if you use it to escape OWPvP, you can't do anything for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   

Nah I'm glad, on a server where every channel is full of 20 blues chasing 1 red I don't feel any of them deserve a kill for ganging up on me.  So when I'm doing my dailies, leaving blues alone that I could easily gank and thirsty people come after me I escape and come back later to finish.  It's on a CD and that's good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't find out about it until I read this post I may start using it given how many times our underpopped faction gets ganked by 4-10 people at once even when we are just doing dailies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mishi   
20 hours ago, Victorion said:

 

unlikely scenario - that would happen like 1/1000 of the time.

Maybe for you but a guildie of mine got stuck in an invisible wall at Slashimi in 24m/poh and was also stuck in combat with using escape as his only means to get unstuck. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grevier   

It's fine... it have a 20 minutes CD and just because you have the urge to bully on someone doesn't mean it needs to be changed.

You want them to die and not flee? Go in Arena and get trashed.

 

Edited by Grevier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iahsa   

This is becoming a real issue. The idea has spread and it's ruining the open pvp.

 

On 14/2/2016 at 11:22 AM, Grevier said:

It's fine... it have a 20 minutes CD and just because you have the urge to bully on someone doesn't mean it needs to be changed.

You want them to die and not flee? Go in Arena and get trashed.

 

It's more the other way around, people bad at pvp hunting in group and when they meet some resistance they just escape.

With this practice group bullying is spreading because if you're alone your opponent(s) will always have enough time to escape before you defeat him/them while you won't last 1s when they'll jump on you 10vs1 (and ofc use escape if people of your faction come to help).

 

Also, there's dailies and achievements to get by defeating people in open pvp. This escape cheat is killing fair fights and bringing people to go 5vs1 so you don't get a chance to run away.

 

Cogbyrn idea seems good. Just forbid the escape as long as people are wearing the faction outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Iahsa said:

This is becoming a real issue. The idea has spread and it's ruining the open pvp.

 

It's more the other way around, people bad at pvp hunting in group and when they meet some resistance they just escape.

With this practice group bullying is spreading because if you're alone your opponent(s) will always have enough time to escape before you defeat him/them while you won't last 1s when they'll jump on you 10vs1 (and ofc use escape if people of your faction come to help).

 

Also, there's dailies and achievements to get by defeating people in open pvp. This escape cheat is killing fair fights and bringing people to go 5vs1 so you don't get a chance to run away.

 

Cogbyrn idea seems good. Just forbid the escape as long as people are wearing the faction outfit.

 

No, the escape function is there in place if you get stuck in a glitchy part of a map.

 

The best way would be to put a timer on escape. Once you hit escape - it should do so - after a countdown of 10 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonidz   

I use this feature when I run in to a camp to do quests and 5 people jump on me. I don't like pvping and I don't attack people so why should I have to be bullied by a group just so they get a free kill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iahsa   
3 hours ago, Leonidz said:

I use this feature when I run in to a camp to do quests and 5 people jump on me. I don't like pvping and I don't attack people so why should I have to be bullied by a group just so they get a free kill? 

Ofc you don't have to and I know your feel. When I'm going for my dailies I first check for a channel which isn't overcroweded with Ceruleans then put on my outfit.

 

But this Escape feature wasn't intended for pvp and so shouldn't be usable for it or we'll keep seeing the behavior I explained above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leonidz said:

I use this feature when I run in to a camp to do quests and 5 people jump on me. I don't like pvping and I don't attack people so why should I have to be bullied by a group just so they get a free kill? 

 

Your attitude is wrong.

 

Getting killed, by 1 or 5 players has nothing to with bullying.

It has to do with:

1) you play a pvp-heavy game

2) you wear a pvp-dobok

 

 

Bullying has to do with intimidation and typically trying to make another person feel bad or forcing a person to do something.

Nobody forces you to do anything, and you only feel bad, if you take dying personal.

 

The other day I was doing a faction quest, and I spotted a lone crimson, and I killed him. Then he called me idiot and alot of other names, totally unprovoked as I walked away.

He continued 3 more insults as I was walking away, and then I and challenged him to the verbal assault.

 

He replied "i don´t know".

 

Thats a perfect example of some carebear who joined a pvp-heavy game, with a pvp-enabled and then cries about dying.

 

PvP is fun - carebear attitudes ruins it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cogbyrn   

As much as I don't think it's a good thing to be able to instantly escape, I'll admit I used it today in my favorite way possible.  I was sneaking a Waido kill amidst a sea of Cerulean channels on Poharan, and an FM came and tried to kill me when Waido was at half health.  Not to be discouraged, I dropped some Divine Veil, kept focusing Waido.  Was thrown a few times, but just kept focusing Waido.  After a second Divine Veil, I was able to kill Waido, then pop Frost Sheath, throw out a choice childish capitalized insult, then Escape back to the tent.

 

After having to deal with barely being able to even accept my quests to start doing them, this made me incredibly happy.  I think this needs some sort of change, but until it IS changed, I'm going to make the most of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't really read most of the posts here so this might be a copy of what someone else said. But the simplest way of fixing this would be to have 2 different types of combat. One for when another player is attacking you, and one for when no players are attacking you. If you are in the first one (PvP) then Allow Escape During CombatX = False if you are in the second one then Allow Escape During CombatY = True I am not a programmer by any means, but I feel like it wouldn't really be hard to do something like that... Maybe I am wrong and it would be like rewritting the matrix.. but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitah   
1 hour ago, Victorion said:

 

Your attitude is wrong.

 

Getting killed, by 1 or 5 players has nothing to with bullying.

It has to do with:

1) you play a pvp-heavy game

2) you wear a pvp-dobok

 

 

Bullying has to do with intimidation and typically trying to make another person feel bad or forcing a person to do something.

Nobody forces you to do anything, and you only feel bad, if you take dying personal.

 

The other day I was doing a faction quest, and I spotted a lone crimson, and I killed him. Then he called me idiot and alot of other names, totally unprovoked as I walked away.

He continued 3 more insults as I was walking away, and then I and challenged him to the verbal assault.

 

He replied "i don´t know".

 

Thats a perfect example of some carebear who joined a pvp-heavy game, with a pvp-enabled and then cries about dying.

 

PvP is fun - carebear attitudes ruins it.

The problem is when you land in an area with an opposite amount of factions just trying to do your dailies and people jump on you and constantly kill you that is the problem. I also escape from these myself and then change channel (which you cannot do in combat). People will constantly chase you and if you are in the middle of killing a commander etc. it is a right pain for the other faction to just come over and kill you. Had it happen several time with the wyrm fight as-well. I think the escape feature should stay as is: However if you have dealed so much damage it puts on a 30 second timer before you can use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cogbyrn   
42 minutes ago, 848742_1452550186 said:

I haven't really read most of the posts here so this might be a copy of what someone else said. But the simplest way of fixing this would be to have 2 different types of combat. One for when another player is attacking you, and one for when no players are attacking you. If you are in the first one (PvP) then Allow Escape During CombatX = False if you are in the second one then Allow Escape During CombatY = True I am not a programmer by any means, but I feel like it wouldn't really be hard to do something like that... Maybe I am wrong and it would be like rewritting the matrix.. but I doubt it.

 

I'd be intrigued to know if this is something they can actually determine in-game, as in if they keep track of your combat state relative to who is in combat with you directly.  I would assume there's some sort of connection, but it's one of the more reasonable suggestions I've seen, personally.

 

If they don't already have structure in place to keep track of who you're in combat with, they might have to design a framework for it, in which case I don't think it's a very viable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cogbyrn   

Recounted my tale of earlier to an old friend of mine, and he mentioned that you can't use the unstuck/escape command in WoW unless you haven't taken damage for roughly 30 seconds or so.  I think that's also an appropriate solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cogbyrn said:

 

I'd be intrigued to know if this is something they can actually determine in-game, as in if they keep track of your combat state relative to who is in combat with you directly.  I would assume there's some sort of connection, but it's one of the more reasonable suggestions I've seen, personally.

 

If they don't already have structure in place to keep track of who you're in combat with, they might have to design a framework for it, in which case I don't think it's a very viable option.

When you think about the fact that they keep track of how many kills you have of an enemy faction you have to assume there is something like this in place already and they are just not using it for this particular instance for whatever reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now