Instant Escape needs to be changed

Theballz7877

I only use this when I'm finished with faction quests, whether I'm being attacked or not idgaf, when I finish I'm out. I don't do faction wars to pvp, I do them for the soulstones (which btw unless you plan on spending shit loads of money, is the only way to get soulstones), faction insignias to improve my clan, and the miniscule money/exp rewards. I think that making soulstones a faction-only reward is bullshit but it is what it is. Other than that, I only use escape when I'm actually stuck, like in E Fleet when I use a red dragon pulse, and the platforms don't load in time so I fall down onto part of the boat or w/e it is underneath the steel grate platforms next to Poharan's spawn area.

On 2/9/2016 at 11:20 PM, Cogbyrn said:

I think the problem with giving it a cast time is that you can sometimes get stuck falling under a floor (it has happened to me), and in that situation, you can't really channel a cast.  When it's instant, it gives you the ability to just get out.

Before BnS I played Aion and there you had a similar 'skill' (also called 'escape'). It had 20sec cast time and 30min cd after successfull use. The skill was designed to cancel EVERY animation. Even if you got stuck between two rocks and your character remained in a 'falling' animation and couldn't move or jump, the skill still canceled that very animation and started to channel.

That is imo the best way to do it. It cannot be abused to escape from certain pvp situations (even though, sometimes it is just way to funny to troll with it) but it is 100% reliable for all situations where your character got stuck because of graphical/terrain glitches.

I don't see the purpose of instant escape either, if it's supposed to get you free from a stuck position. Last time I used it was during a dungeon in BSH, we remained in combat stance after the boss and were unable to run out of the pit... escaping solved that issue, and since it was "escaping from an engine/system problem", it was a perfectly fine cause. Maybe just channelling the escape and cancelling the channel would have helped already, but well... skipping in BSH is so "fun"... who wanted to miss that? :D

5 hours ago, ResolveEU said:

Before BnS I played Aion and there you had a similar 'skill' (also called 'escape'). It had 20sec cast time and 30min cd after successfull use. The skill was designed to cancel EVERY animation. Even if you got stuck between two rocks and your character remained in a 'falling' animation and couldn't move or jump, the skill still canceled that very animation and started to channel.

That is imo the best way to do it. It cannot be abused to escape from certain pvp situations (even though, sometimes it is just way to funny to troll with it) but it is 100% reliable for all situations where your character got stuck because of graphical/terrain glitches.

I actually agree this is the best way to do it, but I'm not sure BnS designed their systems from the ground up to support something like this.  I don't see why they couldn't, or wouldn't necessarily because it's an important feature for MMOs, but if they have no way to force a character to channel any abilities despite current state, they're a bit SOL.

I think Aion might have been better prepared because the Z-axis was a well-traveled thing with actual flying.  You can't hover and cast in BnS, so they might not have the actual systems in place to support it.  Unfortunately.

Easy way, you can't use Escape with Faction Uniform... for all those who leave anytime they loose in pvp.. its just abused for something its not made for. You want Soulstones through quest deal with the pvp.. thats it.. pvp is part of this game... if 5 ppl gangbang ya.. theyll do that.. you wont loose anything when they kill you.. nothing at all so why you need to escape? There is no need to..

The issue is the open world pvp is so unbalanced that this option has become viable to players. If they would rectify the unbalance the option would not be used as much. As I've stated before until there is a decent balance on server's disable the option to defect from the NPC. People who can't pvp or have no desire to get zerged change factions and the balance only gets worse.

Three days ago I got attacked by 4 summoners while doing my quests. I still managed to get one low life and was about to kill him using thunderstruck, sent him into the air etc. The guy *cricket*ing escaped during the thunderstruck animation! And I just ended hitting the ground alone U_U

Doesn't need to be changed who cares if they waste it to escape a fight, so what they are pathetic excuses for soldiers. O boo hoo I got jumped by 20 people blah blah. Take one of those bastards with you, I'm looking at you guy with no misty woods soul shield.

Archived