Forums

Moonwater Transformation Stone prices

Xindzi

So I know these stones are in high supply now that a high number of players have, but these stones are selling for below 4.50 gold on EU servers, leaving little to no room for profits for the crafter. Why do people sell these at such low prices? I can understand that they may want to get the stones sold as soon as possible, but the prices are just dipping too low for there to be any hope of benefiting from crafting them, which is a shame considering how long it takes to build up the guilds to craft them. 

What are your thoughts on these prices? do you craft the stones yourselves? Curious to hear what people think.

On my server they are going down while the mats are going up. Yeah, it's getting a bit retarded. The tears were a good 30 silver each for several days then shot up to 50 silver each recently. Soulstones going up a bit too as well as refiners. People like undercutting non-stop. No one likes keeping it at a certain price.

Just now, Meiling said:

On my server they are going down while the mats are going up. Yeah, it's getting a bit retarded. The tears were a good 30 silver each for several days then shot up to 50 silver each recently. Soulstones going up a bit too as well as refiners. People like undercutting non-stop. No one likes keeping it at a certain price.

I was beginning my big 4 dungeons in misty woods and forgot to price check the tears before I went in, I asked a guildmate to check them and he said 46 silver, I couldn't figure out if that was for 1 or for 2, you can guess which one it was. Refiner has dropped a bit but is otherwise staying stable, likewise with soulstones. Hopefully the new update will see a big increase in demand.. Better start stockpiling now!

Just now, Xindzi said:

I was beginning my big 4 dungeons in misty woods and forgot to price check the tears before I went in, I asked a guildmate to check them and he said 46 silver, I couldn't figure out if that was for 1 or for 2, you can guess which one it was. Refiner has dropped a bit but is otherwise staying stable, likewise with soulstones. Hopefully the new update will see a big increase in demand.. Better start stockpiling now!

It should get better, more soulstones will be available too so hopefully they go down a bit. The tears annoy me the most though, I'm not good enough to solo the big 4, I can only duo them so I normally just buy them but at this rate, I should just learn to play and save a decent amount of money lol.

it's sort of supply and demand. 

Before the price drop, there were less people who were able to craft them (less recipe for the refiner is an important factor).

So, low supply and high demand = high price (7G each on EU server I think)

Now, more and more people are getting the refiner recipe meaning more stones can be produced. (Refiner recipe price went from 40-50 g down to 28 g)

Also, don't forget the new cash grab RnG boxes in the store. They give out moonwater transformation stones too. Meaning a large number of those stones are flooding into the market. So for people who want to sell their stone, they have to drop the price to be competitive. 

Ones the stone price has been dropped to a very low point, crafter can no longer making profit, so they stop crafting stones and move on to something else. Supply goes down, price will go up again.

Archived