Dropping BnS cause of bad Drop Rates?

Celcia

If you spoonfeed everything next thing you hear is: "I am done, I am bored, I got everything, WE NEED new content"

I am a costume collector, defiinitely don`t have all yet and think it is OK the way it is. Obsidian serpent drives me nuts atm but then I just stop and do it another day. I can watch tv while grinding those and still have an enjoyable time asking myself "Is THIS the run?". It is a welcome change from running other content in the game....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2016 at 5:45 PM, Celcia said:

I dont expect to get anything "on the first run" but if you read the original post, you'd see I'm well past that point. It's a matter of trying to enjoy the game and obtain the gear as I go along instead of rushing max level. Ive run these dungeons SO much that I've been over-leveled for my area just because of horrid drop rates. I HAVE been taking my time and I'd like to see the rest of the game.

At this point it feels like they are just making the game "longer" by forcing the player to run THE SAME DUNGEON 50+ times, and there is ZERO purpose in this. What does the player learn about the story or value does the player get from running the same instance that many times? 

Do you realize that none of these are their faults but your own?

It's your own mentality that 'forced' you to run the dungeons multiple times to get what you wanted, it's your own faux sense of accomplishment that preventing you to move forward with the game and just get back to it later. No one in the company went to your house and held a gun to your head telling you to farm these costumes.

And really? you're complaining about the drop rate in a grindy MMO just because it's - as you said 'abysmally low'. Please hun, you haven't seen a low drop rate till you grind Zodiac Weapons in FFXIV.

Check that entitled mentality at the door, and who knows, you might enjoy the game more. But hey, looks like you made your decision to leave so I'm not sure why you made a thread whining about it outside of a ploy for attention.

30 minutes ago, N3ph1lim said:

Do you realize that none of these are their faults but your own?

It's your own mentality that 'forced' you to run the dungeons multiple times to get what you wanted, it's your own faux sense of accomplishment that preventing you to move forward with the game and just get back to it later. No one in the company went to your house and held a gun to your head telling you to farm these costumes.

And really? you're complaining about the drop rate in a grindy MMO just because it's - as you said 'abysmally low'. Please hun, you haven't seen a low drop rate till you grind Zodiac Weapons in FFXIV.

Check that entitled mentality at the door, and who knows, you might enjoy the game more. But hey, looks like you made your decision to leave so I'm not sure why you made a thread whining about it outside of a ploy for attention.

gonna stop you there sorry, but this mentality doesn't work either, functionally speaking you are EXPECTED to breakthrough your items before progressing. The game gets EXCESSIVELY more difficult the longer you wait to do a breakthrough. Example, try not breaking through the stalker weapon and doing the rest of that area, when i did my KFM i just opted to rush to 15 and buy it as it was much faster and less of a hassle. Boy was i shocked when things that should have been a push over for me, were suddenly not taking the damage i was use to on my other characters. Case in point, not breaking through can leave you hitting walls of difficulty that otherwise wouldn't be present. Is it impossible? no but alot more difficult then it should otherwise be.

People are justified in being annoyed, frustrated and even angry at the bad RNG however with brilliant keys now flooding the market best thing i can say is, just buy a key and save yourself alot of heartache. I know its made my life better just being able to skip the terrible weapon grind... i still try for my weapon a few times but if by the 5th run or so its clear its not happening its time for a key. 

1 minute ago, Ryiox said:

I like how rare costumes are, I enjoy running it a bunch and then finally getting it. The time you put in feels worth it, because not everyone has the costume and the rarity has meaning.

Indeed , I like to be able to have some uniqueness in my outfits because when its not available for everyone its more fun to have it.

1 minute ago, HelloMyFriend said:

BooHoo, i am not being handed everything i want so i am gonna go to the forums to cry about it, where is my instant gratification so i can get everything handed to me in a week so i can then cry there isnt anything to do and there needs to be more content BooHoo. /sarcasm off

So all those people who leveled up to 45 in day or two are just crybabies with instant gratification syndrome?

That explains a lot, thanks!

What I don't like in these F2P games is the "spam instance, low difficulty, annoying RNG" model. I'd really like (some) PvE content to be much, MUCH HARDER (think Mythic raiding in WoW), but with much better drop chance. I wouldn't care for a weekly lockout either, wiping on bosses would fill your time instead of useless loot.

For example, the best staff in WoW is a 30% drop (off the hardest boss, which can take hundreds of wipes for the first kill), class trinket about 50%, and you get an additional roll for a personal item as well. Even like this, you still hit some loot droughts, but the situation is incredibly better than in F2P games.

I'd really, really rather spend my time doing something very challenging that is acknowledged by the developer as an elite activity that warrants great rewards on completion, than spamming same dungeon for hours just to get a weapon, not to mention the obnoxious additional cost for keys and unsealing, luckily much more easy to deal with at 45 with the dailies available.

34 minutes ago, Magique said:

What I don't like in these F2P games is the "spam instance, low difficulty, annoying RNG" model. I'd really like (some) PvE content to be much, MUCH HARDER (think Mythic raiding in WoW), but with much better drop chance. I wouldn't care for a weekly lockout either, wiping on bosses would fill your time instead of useless loot.

For example, the best staff in WoW is a 30% drop (off the hardest boss, which can take hundreds of wipes for the first kill), class trinket about 50%, and you get an additional roll for a personal item as well. Even like this, you still hit some loot droughts, but the situation is incredibly better than in F2P games.

I'd really, really rather spend my time doing something very challenging that is acknowledged by the developer as an elite activity that warrants great rewards on completion, than spamming same dungeon for hours just to get a weapon, not to mention the obnoxious additional cost for keys and unsealing, luckily much more easy to deal with at 45 with the dailies available.

Yeah theme park mmos , where you just visit for few days and move on . This is one of them sadly .

I hate the WoD model, or more like MMO's who gives loot so easy and after you get them there isn't anything meaningful to achieve. The game is so watered down there wasn't anything meaningful or fun to do except few raid a week with guild and otherwise sitting AFK in garrison. I couldn't stand playing it for long. I used to love arena and I had Gladiator title on my warlock from 3 previous arena season during TBC and WotLK, but even PvP balance is worse than it ever has been since vanilla.

When the costumes and drops are rare, it feels so much better to get them. I like grinding when the carrot is big enough and then I know I have something not everyone gets just by logging in. Almost everything seems like designed in Blade & Soul to be more or less time consuming, but for me it feels rewarding and addicting to play. I love this model but I know it's not for everyone, and instead of asking of it to change to easy and instant clarification like WoW is these days, you should just change game than trying to make this game change it's model.

Only really cared to read the OP. I can understand your frustration, but the drop rates are garbage on Cosmetic items to get you into buying stuff from the in-game shop i'd imagine. It took me 116 runs to get my Infinite challenge costume while for some it only took like 16 or hell maybe even 1. Its just RNG based shenanigans. 

On 2/8/2016 at 3:45 PM, Celcia said:

I understand full-well that drop rates in MMO's are based on luck and chance, and that nothing is guaranteed...

but the poor drop rates in B&S do NOT make me want to try harder to get the items. They just make me kind of question why im still playing and giving money to NCSoft.

Took 60+ runs to get the Red Mask. 70+ runs to get the Stinger outfit. 40+ for Pugilist. and im starting to near 30+ for Infinite Challenge (and Dreadtide Arena is NOT a fast fight). Ive read reports of others that have even had it worse than me. At some point you really have to question "Is this worth it?" and I feel I should have asked myself this LONG ago.

Anyone else getting discouraged at these abysmal drop rates?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they reduced the drop rate of things in NA

and the Infinity challenge is called that for a reason. I've heard many stories of people having to run it over 100 times

I think it is suppose to be like that.
more/less than a month of launch and you want everything you want on a specific standard you've set.

At low levels I farm blue and purple weapons.
I only farm wheel of fate costumes.

At higher levels I buy blue weapons farm the purple of course.
I decide which costume i like the most and farm those on my EXTRA time.

Where's the value of these things if you get it instantaneously?
Everyone wearing the same costume. Everyone have the rares. Everyone progressing their weapon at the same time. T.T
I actually admire those who wear obsidian serpent. Im hearing that it really takes a while for some and that is a tedious quest.
---
took 2-3hrs each for deva costume set and stinger set.
3-4hrs for profane shroud+purple weapon
Purple weapons 1-2hrs

"I opened 98711540 boxes and still don't get my weapon"

"I ran this dungeon 658165165165 times and did not get my outfit"

"I spun the wheel 785465464865 times and did not get my outfit"

"I farmed Pinchey 5165416465485613513251351 HOURS and, 5646546468465486 essences, yet, the outfit did not drop"

That's what every RNG topic looks like.

5 hours ago, LordLokai said:

gonna stop you there sorry, but this mentality doesn't work either, functionally speaking you are EXPECTED to breakthrough your items before progressing. The game gets EXCESSIVELY more difficult the longer you wait to do a breakthrough. Example, try not breaking through the stalker weapon and doing the rest of that area, when i did my KFM i just opted to rush to 15 and buy it as it was much faster and less of a hassle. Boy was i shocked when things that should have been a push over for me, were suddenly not taking the damage i was use to on my other characters. Case in point, not breaking through can leave you hitting walls of difficulty that otherwise wouldn't be present. Is it impossible? no but alot more difficult then it should otherwise be.

People are justified in being annoyed, frustrated and even angry at the bad RNG however with brilliant keys now flooding the market best thing i can say is, just buy a key and save yourself alot of heartache. I know its made my life better just being able to skip the terrible weapon grind... i still try for my weapon a few times but if by the 5th run or so its clear its not happening its time for a key. 

Really? That's your argument?

Everything at this content level can be cleared easily with a true infernal weapon level which was a walk in the park to get. Sure, you can upgrade your weapon all the way to Siren if you want but even those who did admitted that it was an over kill. I just upgraded mine to awakened profane last night and now running daily Brightstone for the sword evolution material. Want to know how I did that? I just did the daily quest to clear the dungeon; if I get it, great, if not, I moved on. I did the same thing with Yehara's Mirage and Dreadtide Arena outfit that I'm farming. And I don't know about you, the time my Kaari outfit finally dropped from the wheel was a great feeling - or how surprised I was that my profane outfit dropped on the first wheel roll. 

You don't see me making a whining thread about random RNG or low drop rate.

My point stands. It's not the RNG or the low drop rate that should be frustrating you because no one is forcing you to do anything in this game - it's a bloody free game with no commitment you can walk away from any time.

It's your attitude towards the RNG, end of story.

You can't control the RNG and I doubt they'll do anything to balance it soon as they have a bigger checklist of things to fix with this game (and the RNG is fine as it is), but you can control your attitude.

Otherwise, as the OP said, it might not be worth it anymore, so just go instead of throwing a "look at me!" post tantrum.

5 hours ago, Perhilion said:

So all those people who leveled up to 45 in day or two are just crybabies with instant gratification syndrome?

That explains a lot, thanks!

Yep. The common ex-WoW players mentality, next to rushing dungeons without clearing anything and leaving their party mates behind.

Go back to the theme park MMO you loved so much if that's what you're looking for, we don't need another WoW clone.

On 2/9/2016 at 8:34 PM, AttacKat said:

That is what some players think and keeps wanting everyone else to think the same. But the Devs already said PvP IS NOT their main focus.

The game is most popular as e-sports in Korea. It's what makes them the most money in Korea. It's what is going to keep getting development overall.  If this game's focus were PvE it'd have actual raids.  I'd like to see a quote from the Korean devs stating that "PvP is not the main focus".  I'd bet a pretty shekel they haven't.

Archived