Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah ok .. now I see 

I kind of like the summoner but I only use it as a solo farmer myself and wasn't overjoyed with it and the FM drives me crazy as it is a ranged class in a game that feels predominantly melee (and I really want to know why MELEE ISN'T in my darned dictionary)

1 minute ago, Goji said:

They could make everyone happy on this issue by just telling us when the Warlock is coming, but they refuse to because clearly the Warlock community isn't being loud enough about the fact that this information is important.  They may have marketing reasons for locking us out of the Warlock content despite it already being in the game, but there's literally no excuse for leaving us stuck without even a release date. 

I so agree IF they are going tease you they should at least offer a release date

But what would you all say if they gave a date let's just say April 8th then something happens which causes it to be pushed back. 

And really anything can occur, they say they are flipping the switch on April 8th and the flip of that switch causes something massive that breaks the game and they pull it back boom no Warlock. I would rather them say SOON and then drop the date when they are absolutely sure all is completely set. 

I want to try Warlock too as does my husband it looks cool but seriously i have seen companies give a date and then something unexpected arises causes them to push it back and it becomes the end of the world 

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

But what would you all say if they gave a date let's just say April 8th then something happens which causes it to be pushed back. 

And really anything can occur, they say they are flipping the switch on April 8th and the flip of that switch causes something massive that breaks the game and they pull it back boom no Warlock. I would rather them say SOON and then drop the date when they are absolutely sure all is completely set. 

I want to try Warlock too as does my husband it looks cool but seriously i have seen companies give a date and then something unexpected arises causes them to push it back and it becomes the end of the world 

Then they need to stop saying soon and just leave it at Warlock will be released when we are rdy to release it . they don't need to turn into Blizzard and keep saying soon multiple times the CM even said very very very very soon at a pax panel that shit gets annoying after a while 

If anything, I'm sick of these Warlock loots taking %chance in my loot table. Ran Brightstone Ruins earlier to get my evo weapon and 6 out of 12 chest I opened was a razor.

50% for a class that hasn't been out yet? really?

Stupidest idea ever. Either remove everything warlock related till the class is out so it doesn't screw up loot table, or release the bloody class. It's not rocket science. 

Sadly, it seems like the majority of detractors have confused the idea of 'asking for additional content' with 'asking for the ability to main the class we want, which would be running the exact same content as all other classes'. It's not a whinge about wanting MORE content, MORE content would be something that all classes can take part in (Mushin's Tower, as an example). A (Currently locked) class is not MORE content...

People in general tend to get upset when there is uncertainty/lack of communication (Imagine servers going down and NCSoft doesn't say a thing about it for 8 hrs, vs them saying that they know and are fixing it and it'll take x hours). This soon (tm) crap has got to go, I'll bet people will have far more patience if they know how long the wait will actually be (Or, you know, just flip the switch so that all players can play the class they want?).

Jesus, reading some of these responses just make me realize how rude and inconsiderate some people are or why they even post in this thread. If you don't care then why are you in here telling us you don't care? Let the people who do care actually talk to one another and get some answers.

None of you even remotely understand how it feels. Imagine if on NA release we didn't have LBM/BD and they kept saying "soon". Haha.

23 hours ago, MadBlue said:

There are many people who want Warlock to be their main character, and may be putting off doing any serious content until they can play one. The fact that it's being teased as "soon" with no additional information is annoying to some.

This is my main problem. I do not mind if they say it is mid July. I just want to know for sure when it is coming out so I can actually plan out what I am going to do. I've been holding back gear and other things on my current characters for Warlock. I pretty much don't play the game cept farm for gold and resources.

Just give me a date, any date and I will be content.

30 minutes ago, Roze said:

Jesus, reading some of these responses just make me realize how rude and inconsiderate some people are or why they even post in this thread. If you don't care then why are you in here telling us you don't care? Let the people who do care actually talk to one another and get some answers.

None of you even remotely understand how it feels. Imagine if on NA release we didn't have LBM/BD and they kept saying "soon". Haha.

This is my main problem. I do not mind if they say it is mid July. I just want to know for sure when it is coming out so I can actually plan out what I am going to do. I've been holding back gear and other things on my current characters for Warlock. I pretty much don't play the game cept farm for gold and resources.

Just give me a date, any date and I will be content.

Very true, the thing I wonder is if they even bother to look at the warlock threads. Or maybe they just don't know that we want a date. Ugh would just be nice tho for an update on the warlock at this point.

2 hours ago, TalonShina said:

The thing is, NCSoft has pretty much debunked the idea of there being possible issues launching the Warlock.  They told us the content is already in the game, all they have to do is unlock it.  They're not adding, removing or altering anything in the game when they give us the Warlock; there likely won't even be a patch.  If they set a date they won't have to miss it. 

The reason we don't have a date is likely because they don't know what they want to do with the Warlock yet themselves.  That's why I think this is a good time for as many people as possible to tell them to JUST UNLOCK IT. 

49 minutes ago, Goji said:

The thing is, NCSoft has pretty much debunked the idea of their being possible issues launching the Warlock.  They told us the content is already in the game, all they have to do is unlock it.  They're not adding, removing or altering anything in the game when the give us the Warlock; there likely won't even be a patch.  If they set a date they won't have to miss it. 

The reason we don't have a date is likely because they don't know what they want to do with the Warlock yet themselves.  That's why I think this is a good time for as many people as possible to tell them to JUST UNLOCK IT. 

Although I do see a problem. The Hongmoon weapon upgrading path is different for Warlocks and Soul Fighters in comparison to every other class. This might be the reason why Warlocks will be prolonged til we are getting the 50 patch which I don't have a problem with, its just there is no date.

There is speculation that it is April 6th, I'm just going to bet on that.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:43 PM, ErrorFindingID said:

So basically, people only know about warlock because they played it previously?

You do realize warlock weapons drop in the game currently and have been since beta testing if not alpha testing. I've been there and seen it and have owned it. Razor weapon when you see them in game.

We will be getting it soon(wthin the next 2 1/2 months) Content is being spaced out for players, you see the warlock dagger in all of the weapon drop boxes, dev team left those in there on purpose to toy with your minds and get reactions like they got from Goji lol.

33 minutes ago, Roze said:

Although I do see a problem. The Hongmoon weapon upgrading path is different for Warlocks and Soul Fighters in comparison to every other class. This might be the reason why Warlocks will be prolonged til we are getting the 50 patch which I don't have a problem with, its just there is no date.

There is speculation that it is April 6th, I'm just going to bet on that.

Interesting, what's different about their weapon path?  Curious if it's something that would actually matter if they released the Warlock now. 

1 minute ago, Xenokal said:

We will be getting it soon(wthin the next 2 1/2 months) Content is being spaced out for players, you see the warlock dagger in all of the weapon drop boxes, dev team left those in there on purpose to toy with your minds and get ractions like they go from Goji lol.

The theory that they're doing it just to annoy the people who want to play Warlock into contemplating leaving this game is an interesting one.  Honestly makes about as much sense as anything else I've heard. 

4 minutes ago, Goji said:

The theory that they're doing it just to annoy the people who want to play Warlock into contemplating leaving this game is an interesting one.  Honestly makes about as much sense as anything else I've heard. 

The fact that you want to quit because they are not bringing content to you as soon as you like is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Apparently you did not watch the live stream, They already have ALL of the current updates to the game, depending on how fast the content was burned through in Beta will determine how soon we will get the newer content. This is directly from the dev's mouth and it is being released EXTREMELY FAST. We already got the Hongmoon levels coming and level 50 cap will be just around the corner.

Archived