Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

2 minutes ago, chinmi said:

BnS release warlock... 2 weeks later people will still complain that they're bored and got nothing else to do. lol... some people just never get satisfied.

I know I won't! I am having a blast in cross server dungeons..my only issue with the game currently is I can't main the class I desire =p

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I to am looking forward to warlock as it was my main on the JP servers. Just been doing dailys on my  3 lvl 45'scharacters to farm up soulstones and gold for when my main comes out ill be able to catch up with upgrades and all that jazz. 

Just now, chinmi said:

BnS release warlock... 2 weeks later people will still complain that they're bored and got nothing else to do. lol... some people just never get satisfied.

Honestly I think the best way is to slow down actually.

People who never stop demanding more -and I am not referring to OP or anyone in specific- are the ones who rush the game. Get as far as they can > get bored > demand more contents > rinse and repeat.

Look at me, since launch I just hit level 45 and still have so much to do cause I've been focusing on what I enjoy.

8 hours ago, err0r said:

I actually called them an arsehat because of the whining. Also, assumptions are the mother of all fcukups. I'm looking forward to the class, as demonstrated here

According to the timestamps, you "finally got around to having a look at the Warlock trailer" 20 minutes after posting in this thread, so it's not unreasonable to assume you watched the trailer after posting in this thread and weren't actually looking forward to the Warlock until then.

33 minutes ago, AuraLove said:

I know I won't! I am having a blast in cross server dungeons..my only issue with the game currently is I can't main the class I desire =p

This!

I have no reason to log in anymore since both my "alts" are maxed out and I don't feel like playing another class as a filler. 

1 minute ago, N3ph1lim said:

This!

I have no reason to log in anymore since both my "alts" are maxed out and I don't feel like playing another class as a filler. 

Just do you daily on them an farm soul stones and gold so if you do actually care about the game when warlock comes out you will have all the gold and soulstones to actually catch your warlock up is all i can suggest. Or just stay gone is another option any ways wish you the best!

36 minutes ago, chinmi said:

No one who's pushing for the Warlock class is complaining about a lack of content; they're complaining about not being able to play their main when it's already in the game.  The lack of information is the worst part.  If the Warlock is going to be here within the next couple weeks then starting up another game, or leveling an alt, would be pointless.  If it's going to be 3-4 months I can just forget about it for now and do something else.  Fact is that the lack of information is holding me hostage right now, and it's irritating. 

Don't try to equate this to some kind of "people are never happy," platitude; what NCSoft is intentionally doing here is literally screwing Warlock mains. 

37 minutes ago, chinmi said:

I think there's a big difference between a highly anticipated class that many people want to main and additional content. I mean, sure, you can level alts in the meantime, but if you want to have Warlock as your main character, you might not want to put a lot of effort into your alts, especially if you're not an altoholic and leveling means dealing with RNG or buying keys for weapons.

Because you chose to play the game in another region you now demand that NCsoft release Warlock NOW.  The thing is the biggest percentage of us didn't play the game on other servers.  To us the game is all new and needing to be learnt so we are quite happy playing and learning and waiting till new content comes.  As someone else said if you are so desperate for Warlock then spend the time getting ready for the Warlock to be released.

13 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Because you chose to play the game in another region you now demand that NCsoft release Warlock NOW.  The thing is the biggest percentage of us didn't play the game on other servers.  To us the game is all new and needing to be learnt so we are quite happy playing and learning and waiting till new content comes.  As someone else said if you are so desperate for Warlock then spend the time getting ready for the Warlock to be released.

Since the Warlock isn't actually new A LOT of people went into the NA release with the intention of it being their main class, so obviously those people are just out of luck.  It's a crappy situation, but since release a lot of us likely assumed it would be difficult for NC to include the Warlock in the NA release, because the class was attached to a later patch in other regions, so we sucked it up. 

Now, however, we know the class is already in the NA game client and NCSoft just isn't unlocking it because "LOL, F*** you!"  And, beyond that even, they wont tell us when it is coming, so we can't even make plans to prepare for it.  So yes, it's definitely time to be complaining. 

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Warlocks are not balanced around current content and will not be released with it.

Warlocks will be available in ~4 months.

None of the classes are balanced around the current content; NA servers are on the level 50 balance patches for ALL CLASSES. 

PSA - for those that don't know - if your intention was to roll Warlock because they are super OP...they are no longer.  They are good just like every class is at 50 but got nerfed back to reality with the skills patch NA/EU is receiving with our update on Feb 10th.

With that out of the way - yes, it sucks we don't have Warlock yet but we have ALWAYS known we were not getting it until 50 patch so I don't get the complaining.  The only thing to complain about, I suppose, is that I find it very frustrating, considering the RNG in this game, that we have to deal with class weapons in the pool of odds that is not even playable yet.

1 minute ago, Goji said:

None of the classes are balanced around the current content; NA servers are on the level 50 balance patches for ALL CLASSES. 

The patch including level 50 skills didn't magically ruin level 45 balance. The folks who think their classes are going to experience a huge power shift with level 50 content are going to be sorely disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Azurrei said:

With that out of the way - yes, it sucks we don't have Warlock yet but we have ALWAYS known we were not getting it until 50 patch so I don't get the complaining.  The only thing to complain about, I suppose, is that I find it very frustrating, considering the RNG in this game, that we have to deal with class weapons in the pool of odds that is not even playable yet.

I'm not sure how it is we've "always known" they weren't coming until the level 50 patch.  NCSoft never said that and since the Warlock is already in the NA version of the game it's completely unnecessary to wait for the level 50 patch. 

34 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

The patch including level 50 skills didn't magically ruin level 45 balance. The folks who think their classes are going to experience a huge power shift with level 50 content are going to be sorely disappointed.

Level increases always involve re-balancing the classes to compensate for new gear and abilities, so it definitely shifts lower level balance once the game is transitioned away from 45 being the meta-game.  We're playing the level 50 meta with a level 45 cap.  It's broken, but it doesn't really matter because the level increase is coming relatively fast.  It's still no reason to hold back the Warlock, as it won't really be any more or less broken than anything else right now. 

1 hour ago, Goji said:

I'm not sure how it is we've "always known" they weren't coming until the level 50 patch.  NCSoft never said that and since the Warlock is already in the NA version of the game it's completely unnecessary to wait for the level 50 patch. 

true - they didn't say that specifically.  EVERY OTHER version has not seen the Warlock until the 50 patch...so, yeah.

Let me just clear things up for you guys a bit

First of all, when a company(say Ncsoft for example) decides to host a game, they'll either buy it or mirror the data and migrate it into the server that they are using to host.

And the moment the decision is made for a game to be hosted, EVERY SINGLE CURRENT DATA IS BOUGHT/MIGRATED OVER (this includes content unreleased to NA eg lv 50+ or warlock class etc.) 

However it's really up to the person who manages this data on how much content is to be released to the servers.

And very much like any other company that buys over a game to host (Cherry credits/ Asiasoft/ Garena/ etc), they have a timeframe to follow on what is to be released at when.

-But due to certain policies, they sometimes don't release it on time or at all.
-Yes they have mentioned the class 'Warlock' is coming to NA servers (which means it's already integrated and it only takes a 'flip of the switch' to make that class available)

But doing so without 'further testing' will result in the following

1. More content = More bugs
2. More bugs = Multiple glitches that causes the server to hang or inevitably crash.

--> I may not know much about how it all adds up but as even as an amateur programmer and a person who used to host a private server for maple I can't begin to tell you just how difficult it is to implement things in a game and ensure zero repercussions without testing. 

16 minutes ago, Azurrei said:

true - they didn't say that specifically.  EVERY OTHER version has not seen the Warlock until the 50 patch...so, yeah.

Did every other version have the Warlock weapons and the actual class in the game at release, along with all the level 50 balance patches?  Serious question, it would be interesting to know. 

7 minutes ago, Goji said:

Did every other version have the Warlock weapons and the actual class in the game at release, along with all the level 50 balance patches?  Serious question, it would be interesting to know. 

I have no idea - there is always the possibility they use the Warlock as a "content" patch before the 50 patch...but seems doubtful to me.

31 minutes ago, Kazukun said:

But doing so without 'further testing' will result in the following

1. More content = More bugs
2. More bugs = Multiple glitches that causes the server to hang or inevitably crash.

--> I may not know much about how it all adds up but as even as an amateur programmer and a person who used to host a private server for maple I can't begin to tell you just how difficult it is to implement things in a game and ensure zero repercussions without testing. 

I think you're confused about how this works.  Content that's already integrated into the client isn't going to cause more bugs or require more testing. The only thing that's not currently already active in the NA client is the ability to create the character.

I don't think you fully understand the difference between adding/altering content and simply removing access restrictions to something that's already there. 

Archived