Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

2 minutes ago, Goji said:

NCSoft just purposely locked it to make us wait for the lolz.  That is kind of annoying, so yes I will complain about it.

Okay keep complaining then it will totally help. Crying may get you things when you're a little kid, things work different in the real world. The reason they don't release the warlock is because its part of the lvl50 patch content. They implemented the skill balance because it directly affected the gameplay. If you're so dense to understand that then I'm afraid to tell you that you might suffer of the illness called being a selfish prick that thinks he's entitled to everything in this world whenever he wants.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Goji said:

Yea, 4 years isn't nearly enough time to do the dubbing for 5 levels worth of content. 

Since when has NCwest been dubbing this game for 4 years? The amount of ignorant stuff you are saying is baffling. Stop trying to act like translating and doing voice acting just happens in a instant.

Just now, Goji said:

All the classes in the NA version of the game require 50 to function properly, NA has the level 50 balance updates.  It's just level locked at 45 because they're not very bright.

Thank god they have you to educate them. Unlike Warlock all the current classes had a lvl 45 version before the level 50. That lvl 45 version is what you see now.

No idea why i even bothered with the likes of you.

Good day.

1 minute ago, Firon149 said:

Since when has NCwest been dubbing this game for 4 years? The amount of ignorant stuff you are saying is baffling. Stop trying to act like translating and doing voice acting just happens in a instant.

It doesn't happen in an instant, but they've been transitioning this game for a western release for the last 4 years.  If you really think they didn't have enough time to dub that content you're insane. 

Will never understand why people feed the same threads.

This is going to keep happening with any future content. "Why hasn't NCsoft just released -insert future content here- yet?", "I want this now!", etc etc.

Just leave whoever wants to whine. They are only looking for attention with such bait posts like this.

3 minutes ago, Goji said:

It doesn't happen in an instant, but they've been transitioning this game for a western release for the last 4 years.  If you really think they didn't have enough time to dub that content you're insane. 

The game came out 4 years ago... wtf are you talking about lolz, they started this project like last year bruh. 

9 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

I do not know why they haven't released it yet, but if it is truly 100% integrated, then it should be in the game. That is why I highly doubt it is 100% integrated. More like it's there, and they COULD flip the switch, but they are most likely working out some details before that. Those details could be anything from technical access issues (perhaps the class is ready, but not some of the game details revolving around the class), to internal process issues (it has to go through QoL or something, and the schedules don't match.)

If you honestly think that they are doing it just to *cricket* you off, then you have a bit to learn about business. Thats an ignorant viewpoint. Now...being dissatisfied with it not being in game I totally understand. But them holding back just to frustrate people...that is a silly thought. I think that if the dev's could have the class in the game tomorrow, they would. So there is obviously something holding it back.

EDIT: Being designed for the lvl 50 release as stated above makes sense, far more sense then just to irritate people. Either way, there is a reason, and apparently a big enough one that they are willing to risk frustrating players to make sure it gets taken care of. 

Two things wrong with what you're saying. 

1) I know why they're doing it; it's because their marketing people are idiots.  They think locking us out of the content intentionally and teasing us with it for the next 3 months (potentially) is exciting us, building up anticipation.  The truth of the matter, though, is right here on the forums every day.  It's annoying, it feels like a slap in the face and it's making us not like them very much.

2) They don't need to save it for the 50 content release; every class in the game right now is balanced for level 50.  As far as balance goes right now the game is intentionally broken; the Warlock being added does change that in the least. 

we won't be getting the warlocks in feb 10th patch. This is only my hypothesis, but Black Desert Online is being released march 3rd, so i'm guessing they might release them by then as a marketing strategy to ether get players back or hook them in not leaving. only time will tell.

That being said, i'm also waiting for them :3 warlock's been my main in JP for a while so very exited for them to come to NA. 

Dont know if there was a proper answer in all this stupid hate-war the forum became so fast, so here we go:

There is a reason why we wont get warlock this soon. Because it's a class that was released after level 50 in the original verison. Everything is balanced around 50 and it's just not worth it to revisit all skills and stuff and check if they have to change anything to release it more early when we will have the class in a few weeks/months anyway. 

So it's 1. not worth, and 2. not in order with the original updates. Even tho, key could've at least removed the razors..

I believe they said we will have warlock about 3 months after launch in a stream, but dont quote me on that. Pretty sure it was no official announcement too. I dont know the original "patch history", but people said it's gonna come 2-3 patches from now, so ~2 months seems reasonable from now.

2 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

There is a reason why we wont get warlock this soon. Because it's a class that was released after level 50 in the original verison. Everything is balanced around 50 and it's just not worth it to revisit all skills and stuff and check if they have to change anything to release it more early when we will have the class in a few weeks/months anyway. 

Every class in the NA version of the game right now is balanced for level 50, despite there being a level 45 cap, so basically every class is broken right now.  Holding the Warlock back because it would also be broken at 45 doesn't make much sense. 

To be fair, I don't usually complain about stuff, but how NC is doing this is pretty annoying.

I've been playing with the mindset, "I'll level a few characters to make money to fund my warlock when its released".

But since I watch the streams, they keep hinting at WL coming "soon", and how "its a flip of a switch away", and adding it to as a teaser on the recent trailer.

Them "hyping" up the class without actually giving information is very bothersome. Especially since I'm kind of dragging my butt around in-game, tolerating not enjoying the game to the fullest because I can't play the class I have the most knowledge on, but I digress.

On another note making threads constantly about it "because you can", isn't helping either, and its also becoming an annoyance to other members. Let's be civil about this >.<

2 minutes ago, Goji said:

Every class in the NA version of the game right now is balanced for level 50, despite there being a level 45 cap, so basically every class is broken right now.  Holding the Warlock back because it would also be broken at 45 doesn't make much sense. 

But they're not, we're missing hongmoon skills which we get on 10th.

1 minute ago, Onene said:

But they're not, we're missing hongmoon skills which we get on 10th.

NA has the level 50 balance patch, so the classes are broken.  Hongmoon levels are something completely different than levels 46-50.  Besides, anything the other classes get on the 10th the Warlock would get to, since the Warlock is already in the NA version of the game. 

9 minutes ago, Remix said:

Don't expect the warlock class to be released for about another 5 weeks which is around the time BDO will start its launch.

BDO is launching on March 3rd and it's February 8th now. How many weeks do you think February has? :D

8 minutes ago, Yuma said:

To be fair, I don't usually complain about stuff, but how NC is doing this is pretty annoying.

I've been playing with the mindset, "I'll level a few characters to make money to fund my warlock when its released".

But since I watch the streams, they keep hinting at WL coming "soon", and how "its a flip of a switch away", and adding it to as a teaser on the recent trailer.

Them "hyping" up the class without actually giving information is very bothersome. Especially since I'm kind of dragging my butt around in-game, tolerating not enjoying the game to the fullest because I can't play the class I have the most knowledge on, but I digress.

On another note making threads constantly about it "because you can", isn't helping either, and its also becoming an annoyance to other members. Let's be civil about this >.<

Making threads about this is definitely helping. 

You have to be pretty loud and relentless for anyone of importance to pay attention to what you're saying, and I honestly believe NCSoft is completely unaware that Warlock enthusiasts are upset by this.  The way they're teasing this they likely think we're gushing over the trailers and "soon" announcements.  The only way to read what they're doing is that they honestly believe we're enjoying this.

6 minutes ago, Goji said:

Making threads about this is definitely helping. 

You have to be pretty loud and relentless for anyone of importance to pay attention to what you're saying, and I honestly believe NCSoft is completely unaware that Warlock enthusiasts are upset by this.  The way they're teasing this they likely think we're gushing over the trailers and "soon" announcements.  The only way to read what they're doing is that they honestly believe we're enjoying this.

They do know, the acknowledged it multiple times on streams and social media.

1 minute ago, Onene said:

I laugh at the people threatening to leave x game for y game. What are you gonna do after y game does something you don't like? leave to z game? cool they got your money already.

Especially the ones who create a forum account expressly for the purpose of saying they're quitting and how the new game they're quitting for looks soooo much better, and everyone should play that instead, and they're totally not shilling for that game company.

4 minutes ago, Yuma said:

They do know, the acknowledged it multiple times on streams and social media.

What they've been doing on streams and social media is bragging about how easily they could activate the Warlock, teasing it's release and not giving us even a rough timeline.  "Soon" is probably the least amount of information you can offer besides saying nothing at all.  There's no way they know.

Archived