Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

the people that doesnt want to main the warlock will say stop crying complaining and other mean things because they dont care they already got a class they want.  while the warlock mainers cant wait any longer. we the warlock community just want to know the release date. yea we'll be slow on endgame gearing and dailies and stuff on warlock but who cares because the warlock is the coolest class. just give us the date on warlock.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2016 at 4:09 PM, Goji said:

Two things wrong with what you're saying. 

1) I know why they're doing it; it's because their marketing people are idiots.  They think locking us out of the content intentionally and teasing us with it for the next 3 months (potentially) is exciting us, building up anticipation.  The truth of the matter, though, is right here on the forums every day.  It's annoying, it feels like a slap in the face and it's making us not like them very much.

2) They don't need to save it for the 50 content release; every class in the game right now is balanced for level 50.  As far as balance goes right now the game is intentionally broken; the Warlock being added does change that in the least. 

there's two things wrong with your two things:

1) you don't know either. I work in a large company in the networking industry, while the industries are different...large companies aren't. I know how things can get bogged down sometimes even though it looks simple. I don't know exactly why they haven't put it in the game yet, but I choose to assume that there could be real reasons (not necessarily acceptable reasons to us), and it may not be a "marketing idiot". So your glass is half empty person, I'm a glass is half full. But the fact that your opinion differs from mine doesn't make me any more wrong then you.

2) that could be true as far as balance is concerned. but your overfocusing on my suggestion of balance, and ignoring the fact that large companies can have very long and tedious processes to get a product from development stages to final release. I know...I work for a company that does that. and stuff as stupid as "well, our QC teams are running into project timeline issues with project X, so the final testing and approval for project Y can't go out until next week, which pushes Bns change we wanted this month into next month"

since were already here, let me give you an example of some of the silly stuff that delays things for silly reasons (names and places and people and pretty much everything changed to protect the innocent....me)

so new equipment came to the network. company policy is 100% alarming on the nodes. we got 90%, 10% failed. pointed out the reason why. the team responsible for said reason (well call them team A) said that they did everything right, it was team B that was not accepting their data. go to team B...team B says that if they had their data correct, it would automatically work.

Fast forward 3 days. we finally get everyone together to discuss, and team A gets their data right. team B receives the data, and passes it along to Team C. Team D (who gets their stuff from team C) said that they aren't getting the data. Team C pointed to team B, team B pointed to team A and said their data was incorrect. 

ironically it was a single checkbox that no one (except team C) knew that needed to be checked in order for Team C to accept the data from Team B. SO finally team C gets the data...then we have to wait 24 hours for Team D to update their data from team C's data. We ask why...their answer is "it's the way the system is designed." oh. OK. guess that's like creating mother earth...once it's done it's done no changing that old bird. Fine. we take a 2 day break, and come back.

AFter 2 full weeks of this jargon, the nodes finally pass. 2 weeks of delays because there are 4 too many teams in the process...way too many old processes that need to be changed (but no one wants to do it), and 4 teams that wouldn't communicate with each other until we got VP level peeps yelling. 

Stuff like that just happens. or it could have been the marketing idiots in this case too...Because I guarantee you that if that equipment held up customer expectations, then we probably would have had customers griping about it being a conspiracy...and saying that it was marketing idiots holding out on them...

Meh,

I'm going to take a break from this game till they released Warlock, whenever that is. There's honestly no incentive for me to log in anymore as I've farmed more than enough to get my Warlock up and running right away.

So to quote the wise word of Billy Joel: "Wake me up when the warlock hostage ends"

8 hours ago, Temjiu said:

there's two things wrong with your two things:

1) you don't know either. I work in a large company in the networking industry, while the industries are different...large companies aren't. I know how things can get bogged down sometimes even though it looks simple. I don't know exactly why they haven't put it in the game yet, but I choose to assume that there could be real reasons (not necessarily acceptable reasons to us), and it may not be a "marketing idiot". So your glass is half empty person, I'm a glass is half full. But the fact that your opinion differs from mine doesn't make me any more wrong then you.

2) that could be true as far as balance is concerned. but your overfocusing on my suggestion of balance, and ignoring the fact that large companies can have very long and tedious processes to get a product from development stages to final release. I know...I work for a company that does that. and stuff as stupid as "well, our QC teams are running into project timeline issues with project X, so the final testing and approval for project Y can't go out until next week, which pushes Bns change we wanted this month into next month"

since were already here, let me give you an example of some of the silly stuff that delays things for silly reasons (names and places and people and pretty much everything changed to protect the innocent....me)

so new equipment came to the network. company policy is 100% alarming on the nodes. we got 90%, 10% failed. pointed out the reason why. the team responsible for said reason (well call them team A) said that they did everything right, it was team B that was not accepting their data. go to team B...team B says that if they had their data correct, it would automatically work.

Fast forward 3 days. we finally get everyone together to discuss, and team A gets their data right. team B receives the data, and passes it along to Team C. Team D (who gets their stuff from team C) said that they aren't getting the data. Team C pointed to team B, team B pointed to team A and said their data was incorrect. 

ironically it was a single checkbox that no one (except team C) knew that needed to be checked in order for Team C to accept the data from Team B. SO finally team C gets the data...then we have to wait 24 hours for Team D to update their data from team C's data. We ask why...their answer is "it's the way the system is designed." oh. OK. guess that's like creating mother earth...once it's done it's done no changing that old bird. Fine. we take a 2 day break, and come back.

AFter 2 full weeks of this jargon, the nodes finally pass. 2 weeks of delays because there are 4 too many teams in the process...way too many old processes that need to be changed (but no one wants to do it), and 4 teams that wouldn't communicate with each other until we got VP level peeps yelling. 

Stuff like that just happens. or it could have been the marketing idiots in this case too...Because I guarantee you that if that equipment held up customer expectations, then we probably would have had customers griping about it being a conspiracy...and saying that it was marketing idiots holding out on them...

1) Since the class is already fully implemented there are no technical issues to releasing the class, so marketing is the only reason left to continue delaying.  That established, there's really no reason to keep denying us a date or at least a rough timeline, hence "stupid" marketing.  The only thing it's reasonable to assume at this point is that they think we're embracing the "anticipation," instead of what's actually happening, which is the community becoming more and more fed up with them. 

2) The fact that the class is already implemented makes this completely moot.  NC reps have already stated the class is fully implemented, it's just locked.  Activating it is as easy as "flipping a switch," their words. 

I understand how development and big companies work; how even minor alterations require approval from 20 different people and can have far reaching implications.  This is not the case here, though.  The work is done, the finalized product is already integrated into the code and sitting on our PCs, we just need the server lock removed, which can happen instantaneously whenever they feel like it.  They can most certainly give us a confident date at this point, even if they don't quite want to flip that switch yet. 

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

class is not designed for this lvl cap as 1 mil people already told you,dumbo.

None of the classes right now are designed for this level cap.  We're on the level 50 balance patch for EVERY class. 

It's a good thing I have nothing better to do at work lately, or having to repeat this so many times might actually start to get annoying. 

Skills you have as buttons was designed for 45 and when to get what.WK in other hand was designed to get the said buttons all up to 50.They never had to design the class for different lvl cap,while every other class was.So in order to maintain the class for 45 they have to rebuild the entire class around 45...for a cap we gonna pass in about 2 month..will never happen.

8 minutes ago, Tupan said:

Skills you have as buttons was designed for 45 and when to get what.WK in other hand was designed to get the said buttons all up to 50.They never had to design the class for different lvl cap,while every other class was.So in order to maintain the class for 45 they have to rebuild the entire class around 45...for a cap we gonna pass in about 2 month..will never happen.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.  What we have in NA/EU right now is the level 50 versions of every class level locked at 45.  If they unlocked the Warlock right now what we'd have is the level 50 version of that class level locked at 45.  Nothing needs to be rebuilt, the Warlock is already FULLY implemented in the version of the game we're playing right now, it's just behind a server lock restricting our access to it. 

Even though they obviously plan to hold the Warlock back there's no technical/development reason they have to; NC reps have pretty much said that themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Shirou said:

No need for warlocks at this patch atm, so just wait for 50 one, like every other.

I'm feeling plenty of need for my main class right now.  I can't play this game until my main class is unlocked, it would just be a waste of my time. 

I'm quite surprised nothing was said on their twitch stream yesterday. No news on aprox wait time. I mean they announced lock coming very soon at the launch party, that was almost month ago.

What does very soon mean then?  Its saddening that NCSOFT, while pumping the actual updates out at a great rate, refuse to say anything about what we are getting and when. Posts like these tend to be shoved under the rug and ignored and i cannot understand why.

OKay, lexy here again, I have news, first off, if ANY of you have checked the character limit it was 7, one for each class (BM, BD, FM, Sin, Destro, KFM, and Summoner)

Now recently I went to go purchase more slots (I like to be able to have on of every class idk, just habit)...and I swear I saw an 8, as the max amount of slots. NOW this was locked at 7, in the last patch either I'm delusional or its been moved to 8. When im back later Ill proceed to print screen just to make sure. But even so this gives me a little hope that the class is relatively "soon"

Edit:

Edit2:Ahh idk Ive reached 7 slots but wont let me buy one from store, I guess im delusional, if anyone, is going to buy another slot, take a look at the max slots, would help to see if im delusional or not ;-; I also hope im not wrong, I hyped myself too much over that ;-;

57 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

OKay, lexy here again, I have news, first off, if ANY of you have checked the character limit it was 7, one for each class (BM, BD, FM, Sin, Destro, KFM, and Summoner)

Now recently I went to go purchase more slots (I like to be able to have on of every class idk, just habit)...and I swear I saw an 8, as the max amount of slots. NOW this was locked at 7, in the last patch either I'm delusional or its been moved to 8. When im back later Ill proceed to print screen just to make sure. But even so this gives me a little hope that the class is relatively "soon"

Edit:

Edit2:Ahh idk Ive reached 7 slots but wont let me buy one from store, I guess im delusional, if anyone, is going to buy another slot, take a look at the max slots, would help to see if im delusional or not ;-; I also hope im not wrong, I hyped myself too much over that ;-;

As I understand it, the max number of slots equals the different number of classes. 7 classes = 7 character slots. I am sure it will go to 8 when the Warlock is released.

36 minutes ago, Catgravy said:

As I understand it, the max number of slots equals the different number of classes. 7 classes = 7 character slots. I am sure it will go to 8 when the Warlock is released.

Yh I know, but when I bought my 7th character slot, I swear I saw max slots 8 but Idk I tried to buy another slot,but said I couldn't spend anymore ncoin

11 minutes ago, N3ph1lim said:

When you got sick of playing the hostage game and decided to give the infamous Taiwan server a chance.

OaaP3TM.jpg?1

Yh Ive done the same and didn't get past everdusk, for 2 reasons 1) ping (cba to buy/use a ping booster either) 2) don't wanna ruin the leveling of warlock.

Just now, LexyLee said:

Yh Ive done the same and didn't get past everdusk, for 2 reasons 1) ping (cba to buy/use a ping booster either) 2) don't wanna ruin the leveling of warlock.

I haven't had any issues with the ping yet, so we'll see.

If anything, should keep me occupied till they decide to be done with the warlock hostage situation...whenever that will be

#unlockthelock

18 minutes ago, N3ph1lim said:

I haven't had any issues with the ping yet, so we'll see.

If anything, should keep me occupied till they decide to be done with the warlock hostage situation...whenever that will be

#unlockthelock

Lol, fair enough, mind you tho, I felt as if the costume grind is alot more in this version, but don't have facts to back it up tho

4 minutes ago, LexyLee said:

Lol, fair enough, mind you tho, I felt as if the costume grind is alot more in this version, but don't have facts to back it up tho

Holy cricket!

I thought the whole "free wardrobe for everyone!" in TW was BS, but apparently they do have wardrobe even for free users. Not to mention the starting opened inventory slots was one row more than what we had in NA.

And I remembered a post asking for a cross gender outfit, well look at this:

nmJjpKm.jpg

All the costumes are uncensored and tastefully done too. I guess they don't feel the need to treat their players like underage kids and just let them decide on what's good/bad.

Impressive so far.

5 minutes ago, N3ph1lim said:

Holy cricket!

I thought the whole "free wardrobe for everyone!" in TW was BS, but apparently they do have wardrobe even for free users. Not to mention the starting opened inventory slots was one row more than what we had in NA.

And I remembered a post asking for a cross gender outfit, well look at this:

nmJjpKm.jpg

All the costumes are uncensored and tastefully done too. I guess they don't feel the need to treat their players like underage kids and just let them decide on what's good/bad.

Impressive so far.

Yeh, one thing that irritated me tho also was no market until lvl 15 I think

Archived