Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

#StupidityPrettyHigh

Really ... people countering with "YOU ARE SELFISH" are just horrid and stupid af.

Why would you consider holding back a whole class, instead of some parts of the game, which you gain access afterwards, since they are not dramatically game experience changing/breaking?

Why would you like to wait 1 - 365 days for a class, which is obviously already implemented, but yet not activated.

Anyone messing around with MS-SQL knows, how freaking easy it is adding a new class (textures and meshes excluded) to a preexisting class declaration (C++, if you know how functions are working, then you know what I am talking about. All copy and pasta-bolognese stuff). The origin stats, equipment restrictions, etc. IT IS EASY.

Since NCWest got the full client version cluster from the CN version, just (bad, in some cases) translated, but yet having the Warlock class in the database AND client (yes, check for yourself!), hence it shouldn't be hold up for a later release. Many people got disappointed. We thought the yesterday's patch would implement it, since the trailer was shortly and briefly introducing the warlock, just a small snap with the card. People have had any experience with the Warlock (and even Soul/Chi Fighter) on the eastern versions of BnS, won't waste their time with a Sin, BM, FM or Sum. I am literally a "gimme CRIT" and "Ranged" player. So, likely preferring a gameplay with a high crit chance and dodgy or physically / magically ranged character. Always been a stealthy player, but dat Warlock...

Just ask yourself:
What is the reason holding back an already existing class? Where those weapons of that specific class are dropping since the beginning, where lv 46+ portals do exist for no reason atm.

Whats the clue blocking access to a class, when you know "IT WORKS AND IT IS STABLE" and yet having the feeling "I am wasting my time with those other classes, while I prefer that one only". I came to BnS EU just because I've thought that NCWest is going to release Warlock right from the very official start - disappointed already.

Don't get me wrong, I want some stuff to explore, to do, not to have everything, but hiding a class from public isn't the real move for such things.

Rather hide other content, which you will get right afterwards, if they are unlocked or whatever, but the pain redoing the whole process (in my case the 7th time, switched 3 times a damn server, because of that stupid 3hours queue processing and then finding the "not already nerfed that hard"-class ...) is just unnecessary.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gonna give my 2 cents on this topic...

The Warlock class was originally released in the 50 content in Korea (after they remaked the 50 story). So far, every other region have also released it sometime after 50 content, so why should it be any different for EU/NA? The class was made for 50 and not 45...

Also, in the teaser trailer, they also showed us parts of Silverfrost Mountain, which is 46+ only, and thus Warlock will most likely be released then (I would be very surprised if they released it in 45).

But I can see the "Soon™" can be an annoyance for many people since it only makes confusion, but we don't know how fast they will phase out the new content.

We are still like 4-5 big patches behind. So it dont shock me that it isnt there yet. Personally i wanted to play warlock too but i know it wont be here for quite some time. So i stick with summoner for now.

As for the implementation: you dont know what their database looks like. Suggesting it is easy is just a guess and most likely a wrong one. But lets suppose it is already good to go and just needs to be turned on. Why would they hold back? That id guess may be a PR thing to bump BnS once BDO launches. We will see ;)

I'm also one of the people waiting to main the warlock, and everytime i get a dungeon costume or a warlock weapon on my current character I get a little annoyed because I know I have no way of getting that stuff over to my warlock once it's released. At the same time I'm also falling behind my guildmates every time new content is released because I don't want to invest too much time and money in a class I don't want to play. If they don't put the warlock out within the next few weeks, I'll probably hop over to BDO when that launches. 

19 minutes ago, Devianne said:

We are still like 4-5 big patches behind. So it dont shock me that it isnt there yet. Personally i wanted to play warlock too but i know it wont be here for quite some time. So i stick with summoner for now.

As for the implementation: you dont know what their database looks like. Suggesting it is easy is just a guess and most likely a wrong one. But lets suppose it is already good to go and just needs to be turned on. Why would they hold back? That id guess may be a PR thing to bump BnS once BDO launches. We will see ;)

They have already said it's ready and they just need to flip the switch, so it's definitely a business decision to delay it. Releasing it when BDO launches would be a terrible move though, because if people were wanting to try BDO a new class in BnS won't stop them. They either need to do it before the launch of BDO to give people a reason to stay, or a few months after release when people who left to play BDO start getting bored of it , to give them a reason to come back to BnS. The latter is probably more likely or we would have heard something by now. :( 

4 minutes ago, Devianne said:

yea you are right. it would be silly to launch it before or at the same time BDO launches. Post launch is more likely. With the next major patch maybe. (That will maybe make Wardrobe Account wide) >.< yea i had to say it!!!

Haha I hope so! :) 

42 minutes ago, Chronolixius said:

Just gonna give my 2 cents on this topic...

The Warlock class was originally released in the 50 content in Korea (after they remaked the 50 story). So far, every other region have also released it sometime after 50 content, so why should it be any different for EU/NA? The class was made for 50 and not 45...

Also, in the teaser trailer, they showed us also part of Silverfrost Mountain which is 46+ only and thus Warlock will be released then (I would be very surprised if they released it in 45).

But I can see the "Soon™" can be an annoyance for many people since it only makes confusion, but we don't know how fast they will phase out the new content.

And yet, the 3.0 balance patch, that we just got, was originally released with 50 content, in fact, it's BALANCED around level 50, it was made for 50 and not 45... And yet, here we have it.

They've already stated that it's ready, that they just have to 'flick the switch', their delay is nonsensical and unnecessary. Them adding 'Soon™' into mix just add fuel to the fire.

1 minute ago, Daemoroth said:

And yet, the 3.0 balance patch, that we just got, was originally released with 50 content, in fact, it's BALANCED around level 50, it was made for 50 and not 45... And yet, here we have it.

They've already stated that it's ready, that they just have to 'flick the switch', their delay is nonsensical and unnecessary. Them adding 'Soon™' into mix just add fuel to the fire.

All of our skill patches have been from 50 content, same happened to other regions. They got a few skill patches behind KR (which have been in 50 content for 2 years). Still they didn't get warlock before the 50 content.

10 minutes ago, Chronolixius said:

All of our skill patches have been from 50 content, same happened to other regions. They got a few skill patches behind KR (which have been in 50 content for 2 years). Still they didn't get warlock before the 50 content.

Your argument was that it's designed for 50 content, hence we don't get it. Well... I since that's your point, the 3.0 balance patch was for 50 content, why do we have it now?

Besides, can you read the next line, it's ready now, there's no reason beyond idiocy and counter-productive marketing (Frustrating instead of exciting fans) for them holding it back.

29 minutes ago, Chronolixius said:

I'm not too familiar with the release in other regions so I'm curious, did the other regions also have the entire Warlock class, weapons and gear included, already available on their clients on release?  If not then NCSoft had a legitimate reason to hold it back for those regions.

The problem isn't really that the Warlock isn't here yet; If I were still under the impression that the Warlock was yet to be integrated into the client I wouldn't be here complaining.  The problem is the fact that the class is 100% ready and could easily be unlocked right now, they're actually bragging/taunting us with that fact, and they won't even give us a date. 

Part of my have to agree with wanting to have warlock unlocked already as i don't see any reason not to unlock it really .. is not like warlock starts at lvl 50 right? so unlocking warlock and just having the 45 cap on it ( like with all classes ) should not really be a problem.

21 minutes ago, Daemoroth said:

Your argument was that it's designed for 50 content, hence we don't get it. Well... I since that's your point, the 3.0 balance patch was for 50 content, why do we have it now?

Besides, can you read the next line, it's ready now, there's no reason beyond idiocy and counter-productive marketing (Frustrating instead of exciting fans) for them holding it back.

I just stated that the other regions didn't get warlock before the Silverfrost Mountain patch, just the skill patches (still behind the current skill patch Korea had tho). I am also a bit annoyed that they have said that Warlock is just a "flick a switch" away and not giving exact release date (or say it will come somewhere in Silverfrost Mountain content). No new region release will get old 45 skill patches, only 50 skill patches (but not up-to-date as KR and maybe other regions are at). Also, making the Warlock weapon drop even tho the class is still locked was another bad call of NCSoft (guess they are just being lazy and instead of removing the weapon, they just say Warlock will be here "Soon™").

15 minutes ago, Goji said:

I'm not too familiar with the release in other regions so I'm curious, did the other regions also have the entire Warlock class already available on those client on release?  If not then NCSoft had a legitimate reason to hold it back for those regions.

The problem isn't really that the Warlock isn't here yet; If I were still under the impression that the Warlock was yet to be integrated into the client I wouldn't be here complaining.  The problem is the fact that the class is 100% ready, they're actually bragging/taunting with that fact, and they won't even give us a date. 

I am not sure, but would guess so that the class was in the client, just locked behind a switch (pre-Silverfrost Mountain content), but didn't pay so much attention (didn't have translation patch) so I can't say if the Warlock weapon did drop or not. Had already stopped playing in China when Warlock was announced in Korea.

Well, I've already decided to give the new Diablo3 season and content patch a try and am having fun with it.  Dark Souls 3 is coming out in March and the final Witcher 3 expansion is 1st Quarter 2016 so I'll be able to finally start my NG+ all expansions run.  I'd been looking forward to this game for a while and was going to put my entire backlog on hold to give it a serious go, but I'm slowly but surely losing my motivation. 

Honestly, this whole release has left kind of a bad taste in my mouth, and the Warlock taunting (that's the only way to describe it) has personally been the most aggravating for me.  There's a difference between me just needing to be patient and them openly mocking us by saying we already have the character and they could easily unlock it at any time, and then not even offering us a rough timeline.  Giving us a release date would obviously be very easy, and if they did I could stomach this. 

Oh well, I'll still check the forums for information but if March comes and we're still dealing with "soon," then I'm sorry, but screw this game. 

I heard from a source that we aren't getting warlock till spring-early summer. granted, spring starts next month.........so maybe? Especially since they bothered to put warlock in their content teaser should mean we are going to get it soon. Will we get it before or after 50 content? Who the hell knows........Only time will tell. Since I, too, am waiting for warlock. I feel so bad investing time into my summoner but I haven't been giving her much of anything. All chara locked costumes remain in my item reward box and so on and so forth. Hopefully soon! 

1 hour ago, Goji said:

Well, I've already decided to give the new Diablo3 season and content patch a try and am having fun with it.  Dark Souls 3 is coming out in March and the final Witcher 3 expansion is 1st Quarter 2016 so I'll be able to finally start my NG+ all expansions run.  I'd been looking forward to this game for a while and was going to put my entire backlog on hold to give it a serious go, but I'm slowly but surely losing my motivation. 

Honestly, this whole release has left kind of a bad taste in my mouth, and the Warlock taunting (that's the only way to describe it) has personally been the most aggravating for me.  There's a difference between me just needing to be patient and them openly mocking us by saying we already have the character and they could easily unlock it at any time, and then not even offering us a rough timeline.  Giving us a release date would obviously be very easy, and if they did I could stomach this. 

Oh well, I'll still check the forums for information but if March comes and we're still dealing with "soon," then I'm sorry, but screw this game. 

Not to bash on the NA/EU release but yeah , I expected better quality while releasing a game that is  years old already .

51 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I heard from a source that we aren't getting warlock till spring-early summer. granted, spring starts next month.........so maybe? Especially since they bothered to put warlock in their content teaser should mean we are going to get it soon. Will we get it before or after 50 content? Who the hell knows........Only time will tell. Since I, too, am waiting for warlock. I feel so bad investing time into my summoner but I haven't been giving her much of anything. All chara locked costumes remain in my item reward box and so on and so forth. Hopefully soon! 

What source? I would just like to know, and read up on it

10 hours ago, Glitch said:

And that source is who/where?

No offense but that is rather vague and honestly just sounds more like baiting/trolling thatn anything concrete. Unless we have it from the mouth of Devs (via twitter/twitch/forums. NOT 'word of mouth') it is up in the air. Whether that equates to this month, next or 5 months from now remains to be seen.

Posts like this just start trouble. If you can't source it best no to get peoples hopes up or crush their dreams on the touchy subject that has become the Warlock.

13 hours ago, Pacheon said:

#StupidityPrettyHigh

Really ... people countering with "YOU ARE SELFISH" are just horrid and stupid af.

Why would you consider holding back a whole class, instead of some parts of the game, which you gain access afterwards, since they are not dramatically game experience changing/breaking?

Why would you like to wait 1 - 365 days for a class, which is obviously already implemented, but yet not activated.

Anyone messing around with MS-SQL knows, how freaking easy it is adding a new class (textures and meshes excluded) to a preexisting class declaration (C++, if you know how functions are working, then you know what I am talking about. All copy and pasta-bolognese stuff). The origin stats, equipment restrictions, etc. IT IS EASY.

Since NCWest got the full client version cluster from the CN version, just (bad, in some cases) translated, but yet having the Warlock class in the database AND client (yes, check for yourself!), hence it shouldn't be hold up for a later release. Many people got disappointed. We thought the yesterday's patch would implement it, since the trailer was shortly and briefly introducing the warlock, just a small snap with the card. People have had any experience with the Warlock (and even Soul/Chi Fighter) on the eastern versions of BnS, won't waste their time with a Sin, BM, FM or Sum. I am literally a "gimme CRIT" and "Ranged" player. So, likely preferring a gameplay with a high crit chance and dodgy or physically / magically ranged character. Always been a stealthy player, but dat Warlock...

Just ask yourself:
What is the reason holding back an already existing class? Where those weapons of that specific class are dropping since the beginning, where lv 46+ portals do exist for no reason atm.

Whats the clue blocking access to a class, when you know "IT WORKS AND IT IS STABLE" and yet having the feeling "I am wasting my time with those other classes, while I prefer that one only". I came to BnS EU just because I've thought that NCWest is going to release Warlock right from the very official start - disappointed already.

Don't get me wrong, I want some stuff to explore, to do, not to have everything, but hiding a class from public isn't the real move for such things.

Rather hide other content, which you will get right afterwards, if they are unlocked or whatever, but the pain redoing the whole process (in my case the 7th time, switched 3 times a damn server, because of that stupid 3hours queue processing and then finding the "not already nerfed that hard"-class ...) is just unnecessary.

I was actually thinking about this earlier i am spending all this money to further my kfm when i know moment lock is unlocked im dropping him...

Archived