Just unlock the Warlock already

Goji

3 minutes ago, DarkExile said:

"you people" would imply you are somehow smarter than everyone else.

I hate to break it to you but we are not on the 50 balance patch, why you might ask, because we aren't 50 thats why.

Simple logic isn't it?

Or do YOU people not understand that.

Or is it that you all simply think its as easy as flipping a switch?, i could enlighten you on how thats not even remotely true seeing as i worked in the industry for longer than i care to remember, just because its there and locked doesnt mean its ready to go.

For all you know they are still translating and recoding the "balance" it has already been given in other territories.

You're either being ironic or you REALLY haven't been keeping up with the news about this game. 

First, we are absolutely on the level 50 balance patch.  All of the classes are currently re-scaled based on level 50 abilities, equipment and content; we're just level locked at 45.  Translation: balance is broken right now, so quit worrying about it. 

Second, it literally is as easy as "flipping a switch," to activate the Warlock.  NCSoft reps literally said that word for word in a recent stream.  All the content is already downloaded to our clients; nothing left to tweak or fix; it's literally just removing the content lock from the NA/EU servers. 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DarkExile said:

"you people" would imply you are somehow smarter than everyone else.

I hate to break it to you but we are not on the 50 balance patch, why you might ask, because we aren't 50 thats why.

Simple logic isn't it?

Or do YOU people not understand that.

Or is it that you all simply think its as easy as flipping a switch?, i could enlighten you on how thats not even remotely true seeing as i worked in the industry for longer than i care to remember, just because its there and locked doesnt mean its ready to go.

For all you know they are still translating and recoding the "balance" it has already been given in other territories.

Um, we are most definatly on a lvl 50 patch. We are even getting the 3.0 skill patch in the upcoming update that was brought out to re-balance warlock after its release and to add the new class, Soul Fighter to the game. This is skill balance patch was WAAAAAY after lvl 50 came out. We are on a lvl 50 balance just the level has been capped to 45 and content is locked.

5 minutes ago, Goji said:

You're either being ironic or you REALLY haven't been keeping up with the news about this game. 

First, we are absolutely on the level 50 balance patch.  All of the classes are currently re-scaled based on level 50 abilities, equipment and content; we're just level locked at 45.  Translation: balance is broken right now, so quit worrying about it. 

Second, it literally is as easy as "flipping a switch," to activate the Warlock.  NCSoft reps literally said that word for word in a recent stream.  All the content is already downloaded to our clients; nothing left to tweak or fix; it's literally just removing the content lock from the NA/EU servers. 

You're right we are on the 50 balance patch, but we are not 50, so.......... pointless being on a patch balanced around 50 when we cant possibly reach it.

There is no argument there, you literally just made my argument for me.

As such an avid listener to the devs i believe you also heard the part where they said " we are releasing patches in the same order as they were originally intended".

Just now, DarkExile said:

You're right we are on the 50 balance patch, but we are not 50, so.......... pointless being on a patch balanced around 50 when we cant possibly reach it.

All of the classes right now are scaled and balanced based on abilities and equipment we don't have access to yet, because we're locked at 45.  So... classes are not balanced right now...  I honestly can't explain this any simpler.  I'm not sure what it is you're not understanding.

2 minutes ago, Goji said:

All of the classes right now are scaled and balanced based on abilities and equipment we don't have access to yet, because we're locked at 45.  So... classes are not balanced right now...  I honestly can't explain this any simpler.  I'm not sure what it is you're not understanding.

I feel you should say it more clearly than you are stating it, even I myself am tilting my head wonder wtf are you talking about.

7 minutes ago, DarkExile said:

As such an avid listener to the devs i believe you also heard the part where they said " we are releasing patches in the same order as they were originally intended".

Right, and that's why they released the level 50 balance patch immediately and released the NA/EU client with all of the Warlock content.  Regardless of what they said in the past that's observably not the case anymore.  We need some ETAs. 

11 minutes ago, DarkExile said:

You are just not making sense. You are talking about Warlock will break the balance, now you talk not being matter since we are not lv 50? Seriously, the skill patch 3.0 we will be getting today is balanced at lv 50 + 10 with Warlock and Soul Fighter included.

However, at lv 45, we are all unbalanced and having a Warlock in won't make it any worse than it is right now.

7 minutes ago, Xenokal said:

I feel you should say it more clearly than you are stating it, even I myself am tilting my head wonder wtf are you talking about.

Well, at least you're not claiming to be someone who works in the industry and acting dumbfounded by this.  So, um...  In order to balance out the level 50 abilities and power creep from equipment the developers make changes to other things about the classes.  Things like damage multipliers, the effectiveness of other abilities, etc.  Things that effect the classes at all levels; so a patch that balances everything for level 50 will unbalance everything for 45.  Once 50 becomes the meta-game everything below it is irrelevant for balance purposes.  50 is the meta-game on the NA servers right now, we're just level capped at 45. 

Just now, Xenokal said:

I TOLD YOU THEY WERE DOING IT TO MAKE YOU MAD LOL!!!!

lol, and I told you that at this point I honestly believe you on that.  They're literally just daring people who want to main Warlock to give up on the game at this point. 

All they really have to do is give us a date, and that should be pretty damn simple if all they have to do is "flip a switch."  They don't make it sound like it's a volatile process that they can't in good confidence estimate a date on. 

1 minute ago, Rizkado said:

you guys complain about classes being broken and then want another one to be released...?

Who complaint about class being broken? It is already broken, only those die hard defenders said they are "balanced" right now and having Warlock will break the balance.

Seriously, learn to read. The classes are unbalanced since the patch 3.0 is not designed to work around lv 45, having a Warlock in won't be any worse off.

I have 6 char slots total at this point, I have a lot to do other than farming gold every day to evolve weapon while waiting for the class, and from my estimated guess it will be either March or April at the latest, seeing how you can pretty much have best gear in the game within 2 weeks time at the current state.

My problem with that quote" that is our tease it is coming very soon "  is that the phrase few doesn't have a definitive number attached to it Susy could think few as in next month as where Jack thinks few is 3-4 months. The whole vague aspect of using the word soon and few is very irritating. Too much teasing can put ppl off

40 minutes ago, Daemoroth said:

For those wondering where we get the fact that Warlock simply requires NCSoft to flick the switch (At 2:31:30 she says "We just gotta flick the switch, and it'll be available"): 

the only thing i could see from her lines were "we're too lazy and dumb to know how to turn off the warlock weapons from the drop list, so... here, have some free excuses, "ITS A TEASER BOIS, A TEASER TEEHEE" -_-

3 minutes ago, Plebino said:

the only thing i could see from her lines were "we're too lazy and dumb to know how to turn off the warlock weapons from the drop list, so... here, have some free excuses, "ITS A TEASER BOIS, A TEASER TEEHEE" -_-

Lol im sure if they can block an entire 2 years worth of content from being accessed I am pretty sure they can stop a weapon from appearing in the boxes xD

2 hours ago, Xenokal said:

the class was created with a level 50 cap in mind, with the class unlocked it would create a huge imbalance in pvp vs other classes, at level 45 a Warlock already hits a lot harder than all the other classes for that level range. Releasing it now will have sheer and utter chaos in the arenas and all other pvp battlegrounds. 

I am sorry but I disagree with you.  I have played multiple warlocks on BnS Taiwan and its changes almost nothing at 45.  You are forgetting we are getting the post nerf version of WL which i tell you its very much very weaker in pvp now if not challenging to play compared to initially.

1 minute ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

I am sorry but I disagree with you.  I have played multiple warlocks on BnS Taiwan and its changes almost nothing at 45.  You are forgetting we are getting the post nerf version of WL which i tell you its very much very weaker in pvp now if not challenging to play compared to initially.

Kinda late there pal we had already established that about 2 hours ago

Archived