Forums

Open World/Faction Wars

HitoshuraKage

I have a proposition: Move all Open-World/Faction PvP to Channel 1.  

Many players have express a lot of grief and annoyance from the constant badgering of high-level players constantly attacking low-level players who are just trying to complete their Faction Quests and are not interested in PvP at all. Not only is it a complete disturbance of a player's time and efforts but also their weapon's durability. There's also the loss of Prestige Points that are so time consuming to achieve. And then of course, there are those who do this right by the respawn point of a town. I understand that PvP is a big part of the game which includes the Open-World version. But for one, not everyone is interested in it and really, isn't a more competitive, participating player more interesting to fight (and beat) than a bystander?  

Channel 1 is perfect for this as Channel 1 is always available no matter the time of day and most people are logged in on that channel. Having a dedicated channel for Faction Wars wouldn't hurt or impede anything about the system. Actually since there will be a plurality of players interested in PvP in the same channel, the PvP experience will be more intense. Really guys, spread the word out!

5 hours ago, HitoshuraKage said:

Many players have express a lot of grief and annoyance from the constant badgering of high-level players constantly attacking low-level players who are just trying to complete their Faction Quests and are not interested in PvP at all. Not only is it a complete disturbance of a player's time and efforts but also their weapon's durability. There's also the loss of Prestige Points that are so time consuming to achieve. And then of course, there are those who do this right by the respawn point of a town. I understand that PvP is a big part of the game which includes the Open-World version. But for one, not everyone is interested in it and really, isn't a more competitive, participating player more interesting to fight (and beat) than a bystander?  

Channel 1 is perfect for this as Channel 1 is always available no matter the time of day and most people are logged in on that channel. Having a dedicated channel for Faction Wars wouldn't hurt or impede anything about the system. Actually since there will be a plurality of players interested in PvP in the same channel, the PvP experience will be more intense. Really guys, spread the word out!

Picking a channel doesn't really do much. You can be in channel 6 in one area and quest fine while in channel 5 players hit you just for the soulstone collecting. It's a pain since not everyone can handle PvP with 2 people at once, or even PvP at all. No keyboard or internet connection works the same, so it's unfair for faction wars in undesignated areas. Would be nice to see Faction War Zones in areas not in the faction quest zones. That way we don't have to change faction robe options all the time when we get it.

I don't fully understand what you mean by it not doing so much? The point is to be able to, for instance, still be able to collect soulstones without having to worry about being hit out of nowhere by a player. I've spent a number time switching to channel 8 from a bunch of fights like that and it works fine. I also understand that there will be just some jerk players who'd go to non-PvP channels just to be jerks but at least an overall agreement with a majority of the players will help the situation.  

It would be nice to have real faction wars with just players rather than having AI enemies there too. It should be set up especially by some clans. Now, if you mean that not having to change uniforms because for instance you like to run around with it because you like the look, then I do agree that it's a bit of a hassle, but that part is just a game thing. And I understand that leaving one area can sometimes change the channel you're in. But again, at the very least, for those Faction Quest areas, there's some sort of line for it. I don't know if what I said makes sense.

8 hours ago, DesuDesuOneeSan said:

Don't want to PvP? Don't. It's that simple. If you want things that require PvP, or have PvP incorporated into the risks of getting them, you're going to deal with said risks.

There's no "risks" to it.  You're either blue and therefore have no risk since the rest of the server is also blue, or you're red and can't do the dailys anyway because, again, the entire server is blue.

10 hours ago, DesuDesuOneeSan said:

Don't want to PvP? Don't. It's that simple. If you want things that require PvP, or have PvP incorporated into the risks of getting them, you're going to deal with said risks.

It's not that simple. If it was about the Arena, then yes, that thinking applies. But this involves Daily Quests that does reward the player with Soulstones and Faction Insignia that are fairly exclusive to those parts of the game. Faction Wars is not true PvP. It's an opportunity to do so, yes, but it's set up so that it's easily just another PvE Quest - so let's let it be so for others. Having a bunch of Lvl45s running around an area required is like beating up every single Blackram Soldier in the Everdusk camp constantly; new players will never be able to progress through the story. 

And really, is it that hard to contain one's self from attacking another player or simply going to another channel that will give you that experience fully since you will be surrounded by others who wish to do the same? 

12 hours ago, Callback said:

There's no "risks" to it.  You're either blue and therefore have no risk since the rest of the server is also blue, or you're red and can't do the dailys anyway because, again, the entire server is blue.

Sounds like a personal problem. I'd place the blame on NCSoft,  if I were you, for integrating progression required PvP, and allowing the factions to become unbalanced. That being said, NCSoft meant for this game to have PvP heavily integrated into game play, while also sporting a healthy amount of PvE content. Ideally, you wouldn't have that problem if factions were properly balanced.

10 hours ago, HitoshuraKage said:

It's not that simple. If it was about the Arena, then yes, that thinking applies. But this involves Daily Quests that does reward the player with Soulstones and Faction Insignia that are fairly exclusive to those parts of the game. Faction Wars is not true PvP. It's an opportunity to do so, yes, but it's set up so that it's easily just another PvE Quest - so let's let it be so for others. Having a bunch of Lvl45s running around an area required is like beating up every single Blackram Soldier in the Everdusk camp constantly; new players will never be able to progress through the story. 

And really, is it that hard to contain one's self from attacking another player or simply going to another channel that will give you that experience fully since you will be surrounded by others who wish to do the same? 

If it was meant to be a PvE thing, faction fighting wouldn't have been built into it. If nobody is online or engaging you, sure it seems like PvE questing, but the fact that mechanics are in place so that you can be engaged in PvP, regardless, negates that. It was meant to run the risk of PvP. It's literally built into the game that if you want to run those dailies, you have to run the risk of getting engaged in PvP. (Something that isn't always fair, even, or forgiving). Don't want to deal with the PvP? Don't. Agitated that progression is tied with PvP? To put it as civil as possible, there's nothing you can do about it, as this was how the game was designed.

And no, it's not that hard to not attack people. Asking people to not play the game the way they want to play it is silly. Players choose to do dailies, that they know for a fact mechanically have PvP built in to them. That is a decision on the player's part. By doing said quests you acknowledge the risks. But I digress.

I'm not saying I am a fan of mobbing weaker players, or numerically unbalanced fights, but you can blame NCSoft for not setting up a system to keep factions from becoming unbalanced.

If someone does not want to be involved in Player vs Player Open World, then they should not be doing Faction shit to begin with.  The whole point of Faction Questing is to raise your Rank and gather Soulstones which btw is a competition vs the other Faction. If you don't want to PVP, you are defeating the purpose of even doing Faction Quests. Like that's like saying ... I don't want to be Shot on the streets but I'm going to rep my Gang and talk shit to get respect. Nah you going to get shot at, that's part of the *cricket*ing Memo bro.

I'm on Poharan, hit lv 45 about 3 days ago, I've tried owpvp 1 vs 5-20 seems to be the norm. I've been channel switching looking for groups trying to make friends so I can do my dailies and insignia farming... Alot of the people I met just abandoned the Red and joined blue making the problem worse. I mean for 3 days working harder than farming for costumes I have achieved 39 insigs... Heck I've been taunted, ganked and called a loser/carebear (the carebear part made me so salty) for trying to endure as a red. The faction balance is bad here in my experience anyway. So I'll take the advice I was given by 20 blues as they tried to give me gold to let them farm me... I won't do faction Owpvp stuff anymore, just join blue PVE FTW

This has been my Owpvp experience so far (maybe I'll endure as red dunno yet).

2 minutes ago, Scourgz said:

I'm on Poharan, hit lv 45 about 3 days ago, I've tried owpvp 1 vs 5-20 seems to be the norm. I've been channel switching looking for groups trying to make friends so I can do my dailies and insignia farming... Alot of the people I met just abandoned the Red and joined blue making the problem worse. I mean for 3 days working harder than farming for costumes I have achieved 39 insigs... Heck I've been taunted, ganked and called a loser/carebear (the carebear part made me so salty) for trying to endure as a red. The faction balance is bad here in my experience anyway. So I'll take the advice I was given by 20 blues as they tried to give me gold to let them farm me... I won't do faction Owpvp stuff anymore, just join blue PVE FTW

This has been my Owpvp experience so far (maybe I'll endure as red dunno yet).

I am also on Poharan and started off as Blue on early release and will admit the faction Red vs Blue is well imbalanced.  No one wants to be red and everyones mains are in blue.  Feelsbadman.

On 2016/2/8 at 1:44 PM, HitoshuraKage said:

no to this because i see ch1 and that's bs. why move everyone to ch1 ? you want everyone lags? okay. nty.

Archived