Enforced PvP not attractive.

Afocks

2 minutes ago, Afocks said:

On the contrary, I am likely a few decades older than you. You did resort to flaming and that is what you get.

Really?  Do tell....I started playing RPGs in 1977, MMORPGs in the 90s, made my own text based online roleplaying game and am the author of a published series, which has enough of a fan base that I am the invited Guest of a major East Coast anime convention this weekend to speak on that topic.  So...do tell me precisely what leads you to assume that you are 'decades older than me'?  To be that, you'd have to be in your 60s at the very least...and from the continually denigrating nature of your responses to other posters in this thread, that is highly unlikely.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand where OP is coming from. I had everything upgraded except the sword and necklace, which required me doing faction quests to not only get Squire, but also get Misty Woods Insignia. I really didn't like this as I could care less about the faction stuff, in fact I hadn't done ANY of the faction quests until I got to this point. I saw that the sword at least is also purchaseable with Zen Beans, which is fine, as I don't mind PvPing in arena, I just don't like donning the faction outfit in open world. Cerulean is quite strong on my server and they have a large presence that is apparent on most channels at just about any time of day, making completing faction quests a pain (on occasion). I did manage to get lucky and get the 45 Insignia I needed by following behind a group of Crimson that actually took down Blackwyrm (talk about a rare occurrence) and immediately went to farm NPCs. The fact of the matter is that the Misty Woods Insignia are only obtainable from the opposing factions bosses, in which you have to farm the NPCs in their camp to get to spawn. This is hard to do in a reasonable amount of time without someone coming to kill you. It really is inevitable. I was lucky. But not everyone is. Channel changes take time, some servers at certain times, it's rough to make a group of people big enough and find a channel empty enough to zerg and farm Misty Woods Insignia.

I am glad I got mine done, because I had no idea how I was going to do that otherwise. Unfortunately I am still stuck waiting until I hit Squire to buy the weapon (slowly but surely trying to ninja complete dailies for contribution points)... but at least I have the  stuff I need to buy it when I do.

1 minute ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Really?  Do tell....I started playing RPGs in 1977, MMORPGs in the 90s, made my own text based online roleplaying game and am the author of a published series, which has enough of a fan base that I am the invited Guest of a major East Coast anime convention this weekend to speak on that topic.  So...do tell me precisely what leads you to assume that you are 'decades older than me'?  To be that, you'd have to be in your 60s at the very least...and from the continually denigrating nature of your responses to other posters in this thread, that is highly unlikely.

Then we are possibly the same age group, however with different levels of politeness. See ya. o/

Just now, Afocks said:

Then we are possibly the same age group, however with different levels of politeness. See ya. o/

I am perfectly polite and was in my threads to you, regardless of what I think of your opinion about the game. It is perfectly allowable to point out such disagreements and my OWN opinion.  You might want to take a look at how you are responding not only to me, but other posters in this thread before you attempt to pin the 'polite' badge on yourself.

the comments here are an example of the lack of maturity of the game community , he is only voicing  his interests in have a pve path progression for gear/ clan (problably he don't want to be attacked for anyone while doing this), everyone can continue doing your pvp quests or pvp stuff , don't see a problem with this, if it's to accommodate everyone feel fine for me

2 hours ago, Afocks said:

Now all the flamers have come out to play I will leave you guys to argue amongst yourselves. With any luck this thread will cause some attention from the development team where they might see an idea or 2 to improve the game. Maybe not.

Goodnight.

........This game has been out for 5 years...Did you do zero research before you installed it? I have read thru all youre comments and let me tell you, you are one entitled, self centered person. And none of your "points" about content being locked away behind a PvP wall, hold true. I myself am mostly a PvE player, due to fact that i am outrageously bad at PvP, usually.

However, i like how PvP is executed in this game. To participate, one needs to actively flag, which in turn mentally prepares one for ambush. 
That said, faction quest are mostly PvE with uniform on, if the player is repeatedly killed while questing they have the option to hop the channels or come back half an hour later. If a player keeps on following you on all channels, that actually can be classified as harassment. 

Oh and last, why do you think game content that has been out for YEARS should be changed just for you and few more people? Entitled logic right there.

Archived