Enforced PvP not attractive.

Afocks

45 minutes ago, Relevantex said:

Honestly, this needs to be remedied immediately. PvPers get all the benefits. Just because they have to spend hours/days/months PvE'ing their way to max level, skills, and gear to have a truly fair and fun shot at PvP doesn't mean the end game should be tainted with PvP elements. This is totally unacceptable, especially for a free game that we don't pay for; it should be exactly the way we desire and have in mind for an MMO and that means pure PvE content while leveling AND the end game without any PvP. This is how it should be because no one in my group of friends I can count on two hands likes PvP despite the millions of people around the world playing this game and the popular esports following. 

So yes, I agree with OP, we should all walk away from this disappointment of a game; I actually hear Hello Kitty Adventure 2 is coming out, and that has no PvP content to ruin the game.

I laughed, I cried, I fell down. It was epic. I can taste the sarcastic goodness and I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Good to know, i see piercing and i assume its hit rate against players defense/ block stat

Piercing stat is only useful for 4 mobs atm and that's PoH BW, and both the terrors, most mobs in the game atm have 0 def.  These 4 mobs you don't even need a high piercing stat for an inferno necklace gives enough to bypass all 4 of those mobs defenses. 

Duels are the best and one of the only good things in B&S, at the moment at least. PvE is stale and boring even at lvl 45. Try TERA, it's PVE focused game, and the combat system is better than in blade and soul.

PvP in tera sucks due to bad class balance and lack of variety in PvP, battlegrounds involve pve elements, no rewards for dueling, bad framerate even with strong rig in big fights. And huge gear differences make everything except equalized PvP extremely unattractive.

However, the combat system would be better for PvP as well if it wasn't for other problems, as mentioned above.

And importantly - PvP isn't forced on you. PvE is forced on PvP players though.

The game has been out for 5 years.

5 years.

I hate OWPVP with a significant, enraged over VOIP, passion... but I knew exactly what I was getting into before starting this game. At the end of the day I just get the PVE parts done with maybe a little hassle from a couple channels of the opposing faction, then continue on doing the non-flagged quests.

But never would I complain about being somehow tricked into pvp. Because it's 5 years old.

1 minute ago, Aredian said:

You're not even forced to PVP dafuq. Just don't put on the faction outfit and that's it. If Soulstones are the problem, them just buy them of the action house. o.O

Right now that is not an option, unless you are loaded with gold. Those things are not cheap =p

From what i have read, there will be ways to get soulstones in PvE settings once we start getting level 50 content. Someone who has played eastern versions may confirm this. I unfortunately am in the same boat about PvP. I dislike it to the point of hate. I quit playing AION till they made the lower level areas non-pvp friendly zones since all you had was people from opposite faction 30 levels above you ganking lowbies. PvP will be in a vast majority of games due to adding variety for many players and as a result, increasing game longevity. BUT i am with the OP when i feel it should not lock any character progression behind it.

7 minutes ago, Firon149 said:

Piercing stat is only useful for 4 mobs atm and that's PoH BW, and both the terrors, most mobs in the game atm have 0 def.  These 4 mobs you don't even need a high piercing stat for an inferno necklace gives enough to bypass all 4 of those mobs defenses. 

script>ILWkP8Q.png

1 minute ago, AuraLove said:

Right now that is not an option, unless you are loaded with gold. Those things are not cheap =p

As I said at some point,

If you love PvE'ing so much, you should be able to rake in the gold enough to buy those with little issue. :x Pay the PvP'ers (who really just PvE'd for those things, lol) for their efforts.

Just now, Firon149 said:

OP I suggest coming back to the game when 50 content drops you can do most of the endgame stuff w/o ever touching pvp. 

Ok but you don't need that bonus stat for pve.... 100 piercing adds like 1% to your stat... its pretty much non factor. 

And the 50 piercing above it is a PvE achievement, lol.

7 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

As I said at some point,

If you love PvE'ing so much, you should be able to rake in the gold enough to buy those with little issue. :x Pay the PvP'ers (who really just PvE'd for those things, lol) for their efforts.

erm O.o I do every single daily in Misty Wood and the 6 major dungeons and E.Fleet dailies and only making 6-7g a day. Repair hammers must be bought and SoulStones we need 50 per piece of jewelry. That would be a lot of savingup and by the time a PvE player did save up enough.It wouldn't matter. there would be new content out and they would be stuck in a loop trying to save and re gear for the new content. Since no one would be doing the old raid/dungeons.

Also paying Pvp players for their efforts? what efforts? being toxic, ganking anything that has a red name? not looking for an actual challenge and living in the delusion they are skilled? A skilled Pvper doesn't harass those unskilled and seek to climb up in ranking not chase off players keeping them from doing content forced upon them to progress. Silly peoples.

1 minute ago, AuraLove said:

erm O.o I do every single daily in Misty Wood and the 6 major dungeons and E.Fleet dailies and only making 6-7g a day. Repair hammers must be bought and SoulStones we need 50 per piece of jewelry. That would be a lot of savingup and by the time a PvE player did save up enough.It wouldn't matter. there would be new content out and they would be stuck in a loop trying to save and re gear for the new content. Since no one would be doing the old raid/dungeons.

Also paying Pvp players for their efforts? what efforts? being toxic, ganking anything that has a red name? not looking for an actual challenge and living in the delusion they are skilled? A skilled Pvper doesn't harass those unskilled and seek to climb up in ranking not chase off players keeping them from doing content forced upon them to progress. Silly peoples.

People are making much more than that per day, so the means to profit from PvE exists. There is also crafting/gathering. Made decent money off of that.

And I solo most of those "PvP" dailies, and I'm on the disadvantaged faction on my server. Channel hop a bit or grab a friend. You can profit nicely that way. Even then, not "every PvP'er" is a nyerkbuttface who's out to make you, the poor PvE'r, have a bad day.

And calm down. I'm a PvE-preferred person myself. I also knew what I was getting into, and I really like the "flag" system BnS has, as well as the really-halfway-decent arena system.

But I came from Aion where leveling from 25-45 and 50-55 was a PvP-ridden nightmare for quite some time, so maybe I just have a different perspective on all this?

Just now, AionCheesecake said:

People are making much more than that per day, so the means to profit from PvE exists. There is also crafting/gathering. Made decent money off of that.

And I solo most of those "PvP" dailies, and I'm on the disadvantaged faction on my server. Channel hop a bit or grab a friend. You can profit nicely that way. Even then, not "every PvP'er" is a nyerkbuttface who's out to make you, the poor PvE'r, have a bad day.

And calm down. I'm a PvE-preferred person myself. I also knew what I was getting into, and I really like the "flag" system BnS has, as well as the really-halfway-decent arena system.

But I came from Aion where leveling from 25-45 and 50-55 was a PvP-ridden nightmare for quite some time, so maybe I just have a different perspective on all this?

lawl crafting. that is only a profit if you have alts or friends giving you the mats to make the items to sell. I actually hate the crafting in BnS not worth it for the time required. I do the Pvp dailies also often just asking people to leave me alone =p sometimes it works. There are two gold rank assassins on my server who just kill once then never again. Sadly my server has a massive crimson population and I cerulean cause the outfit is adorable!

I can sympathize with the OP on things, but I don't think it's worth quitting over. The visuals of the game alone are worth staying for and the hope that the 50 content is less Pvp focused.

I love the idea of the PvP flagging - if you put on a faction uniform you know what to expect.

Putting personal and clan progression behind a PvP only aspect of the game is neglecting a large proportion of the player base. Hell, why not scrub all the PvE and make it OWPvP throughout?

No, wait a minute, that wouldn't work. I know - take a leaf out of H1Z1's book - seperate the games into 2 stand alone games...

5 minutes ago, AuraLove said:

I don't think it's worth quitting over

Well, not quitting right away but certainly not spending any money on it (that is quite a few of us). We enjoy the PvE aspect as I say but we have no reason to stay with it due to our progression being dependent on PvP (the aspect we don't enjoy).

14 minutes ago, Magichan said:

Cool. I have to PvE just to access PvP. Cry more.

...why not play Street Fighter?

Legit question.  Street Fighter is an actual PvP game made by PvP peeps for PvP peeps.  No grind, deeper combat mechanics, rock solid performance.  No bullshit, just pew pew.  If you like Blade & Soul's movement system, try Soul Calibur's eight-way run system, though that's not a comp-tier game.  If FPS is your thing, then try Tribes or Dirty Bomb.

Like literally, if I even for a second thought I'd take Blade & Soul seriously, I would stop playing Blade & Soul and instead play Guilty Gear / BlazBlue / Street Fighter.  Blade & Soul is not going to pull a Daigo or Justin Wong, if you get what I'm saying.

3 hours ago, Drunkie said:

BnS is a pvp focused game, you guys just didn't do your research before starting.

You really shouldn't need to do research to figure that out. The game should tell you and make it clear that PvP will be its end-game focus. But during all the levelling experience the game lets you ignore PvP completely. If it's sucha  big and important part of the end-game progression, then maybe the developers should have communicated it better in-game instead of expecting the players to have the clairvoyance needed to expect it to change despite 45 levels of non-required PvP.

4 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Coming to a PVP focused game and crying / whining that it should be made 'PVE' and PVP should be removed / separated from progression in the game?

Some people are special little snowflakes...

You seem special.

Faction insignias? Don't those drop from npc's, not players? Again, I fail to see the forced part. Only that one faction quest and that piercing stat (which 1-isn't necessary and 2-has a pve counterpart and 3-stat-based achievements are generally geared towards pve).

Also, you haven't addressed my wall-of-text post, where I genuinelly try to have a conversation and specifically address as why I think your thread has been received in this way. Which is a lot more than majority of others provided. After that you only generalized about posters in the thread with a cynical remark.

I can't but wonder what is your agenda? Pretty rude and disrespectful to ignore one's comment where one spent resources to try and actually challenge your assessment without dismissing it outright and also with giving you possible reasons as to why you got poor reception with the thread.

I can only lament my naivety, I guess. Every post you made was full of cynicism, sarcasm, witty oneliner remarks and such. What thrill do you get from this exactly?

1 minute ago, Asuka said:

Faction insignias? Don't those drop from npc's, not players? Again, I fail to see the forced part. Only that one faction quest and that piercing stat (which 1-isn't necessary and 2-has a pve counterpart and 3-stat-based achievements are generally geared towards pve).

those come from the dailies ^_^

1 minute ago, Asuka said:

Only achievable via PvP. I don't understand your comment.

Archived