FM hybrid pve

Niwe

Just wondering if I'm the only one using that build. I've party with quite a lot of fm and never saw it.

It's quite good on most fight, can be hard to use on fight where the boss goes invulnerable for over 10seconds. Such as brightstone.

https://bnstree.com/FM/V1onZHW9x

The missing 3 points are to be put in defensive. Depends on the fight requirement.

And of course LFB can also be change, or if the team comp is right, changing some point to put in windfury.

So your main filler is in fire stance with the normal single target fire rotation.

But you are playing with the orbs. The goal is to set 3 of each to unleash Dual Dragons.

The dammage output of this build is very high, you get most of the fire build, but with some frost too. Your frost dammage are lower.

What I do is I start build frost orbs (or fire, depends on the fight, but let's use frost for exemple)with the Z-X-3 with RMB as a filler. The point is getting frost fury proc. You should get 2 minimum after using those. After that back to fire and use your dammage cd. Build 3 orbs, backl to frost and unleash.

Pros: Higher dammage output

Diversity

Very strong aoe

Cons: A lot of tracking

Need a minimum of crit

Aoe requires timing

Dual Dragons is a skill spell (works like Dragonwhorl) missing is not an option

Other points to consider, some fight are too short to make good use of this build. On trash, you get dammage one fight on 2, that mean one fight is more cc and single target oriented, the other one aoe dammage.

If you would like to try it and give some feedback, I would appreciate. I would not recommend this build for new players. My mmorpg experiences allows me to play this build efficiently.  I'm still working on the build, and I can't wait to get 5 more points, it will be awesome for this build. Will most likely use 3 in snowball.

Thank you for reading.

33 minutes ago, Niwe said:

Just wondering if I'm the only one using that build. I've party with quite a lot of fm and never saw it.

It's quite good on most fight, can be hard to use on fight where the boss goes invulnerable for over 10seconds. Such as brightstone.

https://bnstree.com/FM/V1onZHW9x

The missing 3 points are to be put in defensive. Depends on the fight requirement.

And of course LFB can also be change, or if the team comp is right, changing some point to put in windfury.

So your main filler is in fire stance with the normal single target fire rotation.

But you are playing with the orbs. The goal is to set 3 of each to unleash Dual Dragons.

The dammage output of this build is very high, you get most of the fire build, but with some frost too. Your frost dammage are lower.

What I do is I start build frost orbs (or fire, depends on the fight, but let's use frost for exemple)with the Z-X-3 with RMB as a filler. The point is getting frost fury proc. You should get 2 minimum after using those. After that back to fire and use your dammage cd. Build 3 orbs, backl to frost and unleash.

Pros: Higher dammage output

Diversity

Very strong aoe

Cons: A lot of tracking

Need a minimum of crit

Aoe requires timing

Dual Dragons is a skill spell (works like Dragonwhorl) missing is not an option

Other points to consider, some fight are too short to make good use of this build. On trash, you get dammage one fight on 2, that mean one fight is more cc and single target oriented, the other one aoe dammage.

If you would like to try it and give some feedback, I would appreciate. I would not recommend this build for new players. My mmorpg experiences allows me to play this build efficiently.  I'm still working on the build, and I can't wait to get 5 more points, it will be awesome for this build. Will most likely use 3 in snowball.

Thank you for reading.

The first thing when i look at ur build, ur LMB is speced into auto-detonate which is a big noooo unless ur completely soloing because u will mess up other fms' burn, otherwise use stage 2 of it instead. 3 points into divine veil and 2 into frost sheath will be very helpful in supporting ur teammates through iframe, on fights such as 6/4man blackram supply chain first boss and last and some others.

It's alright but why the stray away from the optimal burn build?

• Auto Detonate is ruins everyone else's rotations in multi FM parties. 
  • Dual Dragons (especially in this current patch) is really underwhelming compared to damage output you'd get from simply ani-canceling lmb-rmb while spamming blazing beam on burns.
  • Making Fire X instant cast is much easier to manage as all you have to do is cast it every CD without sacrificing mobility. 

Overall you seem to be losing a lot of damage / survivability for a more difficult to manage build imo. 

7 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

The first thing when i look at ur build, ur LMB is speced into auto-detonate which is a big noooo unless ur completely soloing because u will mess up other fms' burn, otherwise use stage 2 of it instead. 3 points into divine veil and 2 into frost sheath will be very helpful in supporting ur teammates through iframe, on fights such as 6/4man blackram supply chain first boss and last and some others.

Read the text right under the talent ...

6 hours ago, Strindberg said:

Dual Dragons (especially in this current patch) is really underwhelming compared to damage output you'd get from simply ani-canceling lmb-rmb while spamming blazing beam on burns.

That's the point of playing this, you still get to do the anti-cancelling, the variation is lowering your dps a few sec to get the orbs for Dual Dragon. You are 5-6sec in fire, 3-4 in frost, always switching. And every 3 Dual Dragon, you will stay longer in fire, you will need to wait to get your chi back. Well, wait is actually doing the normal fire rotation. You rotation is always changing, well not the spell but how much time you stay in frost/fire. At some point you will be doing 2 fire orbs, 2 frost orbs, 1 fire, 1 frost. Sometimes 3-3, 1-3-1. Every Dual Dragons, your stance switch is different, your cooldown are different so you adapt your rotation.

6 hours ago, Strindberg said:

Making Fire X instant cast is much easier to manage as all you have to do is cast it every CD without sacrificing mobility. 

My mistake while doing the tree, I actually play X instant.

7 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

3 points into divine veil and 2 into frost sheath will be very helpful in supporting ur teammates through iframe, on fights such as 6/4man blackram supply chain first boss and last and some others.

As of now, we don't need both, only 1 defensive is more than enough. As long as you don't mind changing talent every fight, it works. As for personal defense, The points in frost fury allows you to keep up. Q-E are enough for self defense with the 3 points investement in group defense.

Pretty good build but atm, with current patch, if you are going for dual dragon as the main source of damage you would be using Inferno T3S1 because it auto generates 3 orbs and has a cd of 18 secs. After patch, we should get flame soul which would mean you would go back and use Inferno S2. (btw Stage(S) = Form(F) from BNSTree)

Your main objective is to generate frost orbs.

Simple rotation:

1. Use a frost palm in S2. When it crits you will get 1 frost orb.

2. Because it crit you can process frost fury for the 2nd frost orb.

3. Immediately after frost fury ani cancel to dragonworl T2S1 for the 3rd frost orb

4. Thereafter shoot Inferno T3S1 for 3 flame orbs and follow by Dual Dragon.

11 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

The first thing when i look at ur build, ur LMB is speced into auto-detonate which is a big noooo unless ur completely soloing because u will mess up other fms' burn, otherwise use stage 2 of it instead.

I don't really see the problem with this. More FMs in party means faster detonating = more dps. Just gotta control that flame/Blazing palm if you guys screw up and lose burn which only takes like 1-2 secs to reapply anyways. After all you're suppose to be pro. After patch burn is gonna stay on longer and more burn skills anyways so why not detonate.

Quick trivia:

Did all you pro FMs out there know you can ani cancel to process both detonation and burn at the same time.

Main detonating rotation:

1. Inferno T2S2

2. Meteor Shower T3S2

3. Short Fuse any T2+

4. Spam Blazing beam T3S2 + Flame/Blazing Palm T4S1 = lots of detonations + extra damage from burn

5. *Optional* You can cast Wildfire T1S1 to keep burn up before it expires. then continue spamming.

Or if you lose burn you can use Wildfire T1S1 then impact/force blast to reapply burn.

Other wise then that you should know how to reapply burn instantly if you lose it. If you don't go learn it. It needs 5 stacks of embers. Figure out how to get it quickly.

3 hours ago, tymyshu said:

Inferno T3S1 because it auto generates 3 orbs and has a cd of 18 secs

This is not a necessity, the fire orbs are quite easy to generate, and having an instant 3fires orbs would send us into frost stance. Which would be an overall dps loss. I would keep it instant. 3 points in dragonwhorl, I will try it tonight. Nvm the inferno, with dragonwhorl, the loss might be low enough. Needs more experimentation.

Thank you

16 hours ago, Niwe said:

As of now, we don't need both, only 1 defensive is more than enough. As long as you don't mind changing talent every fight, it works. As for personal defense, The points in frost fury allows you to keep up. Q-E are enough for self defense with the 3 points investement in group defense.

May be not needed not even 1 support skill needed if everyone in the party are pro but why not use these since its an efficient way rather than everyone using a different iframe each time when there are cases tht those are needed more during tanking and emergency life saving situations etc...

Examples are divine veil for water missles from 4/6 poh gatekeeper (of course it doesnt even kill u now in 6 man poh and i can take on boil too and dont die), sheath for water boil, sheath for poharans' fire mine and etc... Especially in the 4 man poh when its a must tht all teammates should survive else its a dps loss. Surely this does not apply for u if u havent step into or done the 4/6 poh, u dont need these support skills in 24 man.

If anyone misses a boil or fire mine on the 4 man poh unless they are fully geared at this version then they might actually die (I think the dmg is very high and just instant kill u, i cant remember coz i havent die in a 4 man poh yet). What happens then im sure u all knows.

12 hours ago, tymyshu said:

I don't really see the problem with this. More FMs in party means faster detonating = more dps. Just gotta control that flame/Blazing palm if you guys screw up and lose burn which only takes like 1-2 secs to reapply anyways. After all you're suppose to be pro. After patch burn is gonna stay on longer and more burn skills anyways so why not detonate.

Quick trivia:

Did all you pro FMs out there know you can ani cancel to process both detonation and burn at the same time.

Main detonating rotation:

1. Inferno T2S2

2. Meteor Shower T3S2

3. Short Fuse any T2+

4. Spam Blazing beam T3S2 + Flame/Blazing Palm T4S1 = lots of detonations + extra damage from burn

5. *Optional* You can cast Wildfire T1S1 to keep burn up before it expires. then continue spamming.

Or if you lose burn you can use Wildfire T1S1 then impact/force blast to reapply burn.

Other wise then that you should know how to reapply burn instantly if you lose it. If you don't go learn it. It needs 5 stacks of embers. Figure out how to get it quickly.

Really nice post there, have some interesting ideas so i went back tested the detonation in game, comparing its dmg, other infos and back to watch the full burn guide where i first got the info from as well again.

1. I agree tht more fms = faster detonating but may or may not =? more dps because burn will not be able to be refresh constantly through 1 since embers stacks are all auto-detonated upon reaching 5th stack, although the detonating do have a roughly 0.5-1 sec delay but its simple. When i changed to burn build after many days and on my today's daily run at 24 poh, i already find it frustrating at refresh a burn because most of the time when i 1, the ember stacks either have just been detonated or not yet at 5 stacks.(1-2secs? im not so sure...but may be just may be if pro and at lower ping, i have 170-220ms) Its not impossible, took a few 1s for me, on the other hand it may work out very well on refreshing if only 1 person auto-detonates and use 1, this coordination pretty much is not gona happen in a random party and again it isnt the auto-detonate thing anymore, so the most common one we'll see around is a lot fms using auto-detonated which leads back to my question 1.

2. Ani-cancel for both burn and detonate? ugh hmm why would we need tht when its already in 1 tier3 stage3... o.O?? because afterall 5 ember stacks will not be detonated twice, it can only be detonated once so either by LMB or 1, and if through 1 then burn gets applied.

3. Blazing beam u mean t3s3, so on burn enemies, its a dps increase because auto-detonate outdmg LMB's burn dmg for roughly 5 times, comparing to enemy is not burned dmg is roughly the same as standard burn build (detonate ~= extra burn dmg from 2 + LMB), see screenshot below, KD1QkH0.jpg, IcpkY8l.jpg, but question comes at when refreshing burn, (excluding other big cds), if 1 fails at tht detonating delay and to be used multiple times for a success refreshing, tht is how many blazing beam's dps loss there not yet counting the extra burn dmg from it. Also as far as i know flame dmg gets extra % increase later on when we have souls or sets from soul shield and as well as weapons but detonate pretty much stays still, explosion dmg huh.

Lastly just in my personal views, fire burn is a burn build, auto-detonate is a detonate build, its like 2 things same as ice rain build vs ice freeze 1 build, better off going detonate if everyone is detonate because a burn fm will probably find it hard to use 1, and viceversa with everyone using burn.

Archived