Forums

Plz god no more... my ears can't take it

Sycogenesis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I use a Korean Voice pack. They should really just include the Japanese and Korean voice packs officially as an option for those who want it which, from what I've seen, are quite a fair number of people. To keep game data down they could make it so that those packs are only downloaded when selected. Sure what's being said in those voice overs won't line up with the bad translation efforts in our version but it's still highly preferable to having to listen to the English voice pack. Also that's "easily" solved by doing a proper translation of the storyline and replacing the unneeded dialogue alterations we have now.

I have to admit some of this voice acting IS horrible and has me constantly searching for a mute x npc option..

the one that got me was the vault keeper in Cinderlands .. sounds like the actress was woken up after not getting any sleep for a month and after hear it the 10th time i wanted to kill something

4 hours ago, Asuka said:

Not to mention that, when looked at, I don't see ANY reason for her NOT to be Ye Harang or whatever iteration it might be. I mean, an asian fantasy kung fu master madamme, why shouldn't she be Ye Harang? Isn't that suitable?

And if we are "localizing" it to the max, why isn't she "Jennifer" or something? I mean, if she isn't Jennifer, why should she be "Yehara"? I fail to see the "westernness" of it:)

To be fair, her name is "Karen" in the anime....

""Ohhhh you okay? looks painful!""      I actually like poharan's voiceover but they have some weird filter over it that sounds like it was recorded underground, at night, using a tin can with a mic in it..  Sounds really low bitrate or something.

Just now, Malvictus said:

""Ohhhh you okay? looks painful!""      I actually like poharan's voiceover but they have some weird filter over it that sounds like it was recorded underground, at night, using a tin can with a mic in it..  Sounds really low bitrate or something.

jesus christ that was the worst voice over that this entire game has. she sounds like shes yelling from across a hall through a street-cone.

12 minutes ago, Evergrace said:

To be fair, her name is "Karen" in the anime....

She could be Robert as far as I'm concerned:)

I mean, I'm just pointing out that the change was unnecessary, as it's insignificant enough to not make any sense in the department of localization needs (yehara is as non-western as ye harang and pretty much the same in the pronunciation/remembering department etc), but significant enough to add to the money spent and hours spent - and STILL there are unfinished things and inconsistencies.

And those things aren't hard-coded or something, it's a matter of someone (whose job is probably to do exactly that) trudging through the files and changing "ye harang" to "yehara". Which they failed somehow - in multiple instances, not just with her, as pointed out by players.

2 minutes ago, Asuka said:

She could be Robert as far as I'm concerned:)

I mean, I'm just pointing out that the change was unnecessary, as it's insignificant enough to not make any sense in the department of localization needs (yehara is as non-western as ye harang and pretty much the same in the pronunciation/remembering department etc), but significant enough to add to the money spent and hours spent - and STILL there are unfinished things and inconsistencies.

And those things aren't hard-coded or something, it's a matter of someone (whose job is probably to do exactly that) trudging through the files and changing "ye harang" to "yehara". Which they failed somehow - in multiple instances, not just with her, as pointed out by players.

I was totally agreeing with you, the change is silly. The whole localization was silly. Recording the game in English makes sense, but don't change names, geeeez.

9 hours ago, Sycogenesis said:

For the love of god plz stop with the bad voice actors i didn't think it could get any worse... then i went into Black Ram Supply.... oh god... the horror oh god i literally had to turn off npc dialogue because i got sick and tired of hearing them

They cut our hours agaiiiiiiiin 

but is the admirable a boy or a girl

Soha is best

EVERY 10 FKING SECS  on top of the other npcs in that area. it's like listening to a really bad dubbed anime that won't shut up. For the love of god plz just give us jap voices with subtitles 

It's not enough that the voice acting is cringe worthy it's also the fact that they repeat themselves every 5-10 secs on and on and on and on and onnnnnn.

Not to mention the really ear screeching audio filter Poharan has on her voice. 

cartoon-head-banging-gif.gif

^

This is what I do now when I'm waiting for crafting to finish

9 hours ago, Stardrop said:

I'm gonna take this opportunity to point out that besides Poharan, the only female in the E-Fleet is in the kitchen. 

Tbh I really love her voice  Lol when she spawn "how dare you to mess with my kitchen " ? not sure xD

10 hours ago, Sycogenesis said:

For the love of god plz stop with the bad voice actors i didn't think it could get any worse... then i went into Black Ram Supply.... oh god... the horror oh god i literally had to turn off npc dialogue because i got sick and tired of hearing them

They cut our hours agaiiiiiiiin 

Soha is best

EVERY 10 FKING SECS  on top of the other npcs in that area. it's like listening to a really bad dubbed anime that won't shut up. For the love of god plz just give us jap voices with subtitles 

It's not enough that the voice acting is cringe worthy it's also the fact that they repeat themselves every 5-10 secs on and on and on and on and onnnnnn.

Not to mention the really ear screeching audio filter Poharan has on her voice. 

cartoon-head-banging-gif.gif

This happens when they want to translate it english instead of sticking with korean or other asian language. Japanese sounds so much better than english version. Well atleast we got mute button so we can play without horrible voice acting so enjoy :)

i'm glad i didn't listen the others versions of this game so i can't compare and feel angry.

So for 1st time listening this voices(and reading the story) i still enjoy but some are really bad like the one from Blackram supply chain dungeon "Enemy raiiiiiiid!" wtf is that squeaky voice?!

Also B&S team went cheap with VA.some VA do 2-3 characters and really bad. You can notice is same person doing the voices, for example the voice actor of chengun does after some voice of a lyn(yellow quest) in map when you realm walking like Madum.

Why not spend a little bit more and hire better VA? Because some really good VA can do 2 voices and you don't notice is him but here the quality is really low. 

So which voice pack is the best sounding? For me, the English voice acting was tolerable until mid-late 30's. Late game "voice acting" is almost like they gave the *cricket* up to push it out. After 4 freaking years waiting on this otherwise great game, the dubbing ought to be damn impeccable.

Archived