Plz god no more... my ears can't take it

Sycogenesis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I love the one-liners and quips. It has the flavor of Spaghetti martial arts flicks. The one I really wish were in the game: "Listen!", before whatever little piece of banter is to follow. I also wish some of the NPC KFMs would toss out a "You can't defeat my Kung Fu!" or some such, really make me feel like I'm living the celluloid dream.

The best part is that the terra cotta soldiers have voices =p

2 hours ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

This is from another dungeon : "Did you think i was alone?"

Which makes absolutely no sense, because he's clearly not alone. There were two girls right next to him from the start. What, does he think we're blind or something?

I don't mind as much as far as most of these goes, but as the original post mentions, the NPCs at E. Fleet Supply Chain repeat the same lines over and over every (its actually less than 5-10 seconds, maybe every 2-3 seconds or so) 

One a group of people were fighting the sous-chef up over where "Awwh! They changed the hours again?" guy was and I had to run over and kill him because he was getting annoying while trying to fight the boss, since that boss has 4 mil hp and takes a while to kill and is usually not worth killing in the first place, but I didn't know at the time :c

DEFENDED!

On a more serious note, a good VA can make a difference, even though I loathe the notion of dubbing any piece (unless it's necessary, as in, audience is three years old and thus unable to process subtitles and the like).

For example, some might disagree, but I think that particular line is actually voiced solidly, I like the "how dare you make a mess in my kitchen":) She is really pissed and sounds pretty convincing and I am always like "s-sorry?":)

Surprisingly enough, Poharan is voiced decently - if I'm not imagining things. Usually murca VA's fail to comprehend that high pitched voice doesn't mean a completely disturbingly ridiculous exaggeration in unnatural squeakiness targeted at children under 5:)

(I am looking at you, female main character voice actors)

All this pretty much shows that their "localization" is worse than two students and friends sitting and making goofy show on a $1 mic. Which is very frustrating, as people have paid with founders for that, among other things. Why then have students on a $1 mic? Why "localize" at all - if you have a high profile game, but you don't have at least decent voice actors or the conditions for recording? I begrudgingly accept localization, but god, do it at least tolerably. If not, why localize, you could put subs and not change anything (which would actually make majority of players happier) AND then put that money towards, I don't know, servers? Or in your pockets ffs.

You know what's the worst part? That they aren't even consistent with the dialog.

Enemy says ABC, but the chat bubble on top of their heads says DEF, but their chat lines in your chat box say GHI.

Seriously, what was the whole point of beta? Just to overhype founder packs? Because they fixed pretty much nothing of what was reported in beta.

Also why on earth the enemies that shout "DEFENDED" "BLOCKED" "JUST DIE" have to sound much louder than the rest of the game sounds? That just makes it sound even cheaper than it already sounds.

Here's one to fix, since your translators seem to know nothing about the game, in http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/history-of-jianghu/ the Talus emperor is addressed as "Yunma Kahn", but the talus soldiers in the Talus Camp say "Kunma Yon" in the chat log.

Installed Japanese voice pack on day one. The "localization" of BnS for the West is atrocious beyond any reason. Translation - horrible. Voice acting - absolutely tragic and ridiculous, I've heard better voice acting in amateur p0rn...

Yes, those kinds of things are really incomprehensible to me. How on earth you decide to localize and do beta and check things and revise and then you decide to go with "Yehara", only to have a quest NPC go "lady Ye Harang blahblah"?

Not to mention that, when looked at, I don't see ANY reason for her NOT to be Ye Harang or whatever iteration it might be. I mean, an asian fantasy kung fu master madamme, why shouldn't she be Ye Harang? Isn't that suitable?

And if we are "localizing" it to the max, why isn't she "Jennifer" or something? I mean, if she isn't Jennifer, why should she be "Yehara"? I fail to see the "westernness" of it:)

What is this "we kinda change things but we don't but we actually do" thing? I would like to hear a reason behind this, and many other changes. I mean, let's put everything else aside, quality, inconsistency etc. What is the reasoning behind changing names into - other names that are neither "westernized" nor easier to pronounce or whatever, only different? I don't get that.

It helps to use a voice pack, running the original Korean voices myself, oh and get a graphical patch to get rid of those disgusting wraps they call "underwear" in western release.

This localization team is an absolute joke, both in trasnlations and how they altered the game, such companies should be put out from this industry. I wonder is NC HQ back in Korea even aware how badly the localization team *cricket*ed up.

1 hour ago, fatalystic said:

Which makes absolutely no sense, because he's clearly not alone. There were two girls right next to him from the start. What, does he think we're blind or something?

I hereby open a petition to give that miniboss a blind disable.

I myself personally enjoy the Japanese voice over the English one, here is why

• On english, many of the quests left unvoiced. On japanese, most if not all, are voiced.
  • Some of the mobs voices are hilarious in JP version, for example the Foreman Chunfao (the transvetite dude on Blackram who change to woman when enraged).
  • Poharan JP voice honestly better than the EN one (in EN one you can tell the mic quality is just bad :( )

Archived