FM WON

Shukran

2 minutes ago, aangus said:

For FM it's diffcult but not imposible.

Compared to, say, a scummoner who can beat their forehead against the keyboard and achieve similar results. 

And why post now, Zdradek? What makes my post any different than the others saying FM is weak? Go back to lurking and playing your summoner.

Just now, Nexxa said:

Compared to, say, a scummoner who can beat their forehead against the keyboard and achieve similar results. 

I didn't try the summoner class so i dont know how difficult is for them or not. I play FM and i won against other summoner even with gold rank. What i do is divide and conquer kill the cat and then the summoner but sometimes its better to just attack the summoner and ignore the cat.

Just now, aangus said:

I didn't try the summoner class so i dont know how difficult is for them or not. I play FM and i won against other summoner even with gold rank. What i do is divide and conquer kill the cat and then the summoner but sometimes its better to just attack the summoner and ignore the cat.

NCsoft itself at some point strongly implied summoner was 'easy mode' for the type of players who don't have the reflexes and acuity to play other classes.

I really questioned the people who kept saying FM was weak.

Jaesung also won a tournament as FM, and I have a lot of issues with FM in arena. They have very long ccs and snares, and extremely high burst.

Theres no weak class only unskilled or inexperienced players. The fact that someone can be good with the class means its possible. If rest of the players can't then it just mean they aren't skilled enough or experienced enough to play the class.

They said that Blade Master was weak until 2014 when the Champion of Blade Master wiped the floor with Lyn Blade Dancer in a one sided 10 second fight.

40 minutes ago, Darkshana said:

Theres no weak class only unskilled or inexperienced players. The fact that someone can be good with the class means its possible. If rest of the players can't then it just mean they aren't skilled enough or experienced enough to play the class.

They said that Blade Master was weak until 2014 when the Champion of Blade Master wiped the floor with Lyn Blade Dancer in a one sided 10 second fight.

Game 2 where the blademaster got rekt was just as one sided as the first and last match though.

Currently the ranking in korea based on what koreans diamond streamers say is:

1 Destroyer
2 Assassin
3 LBD
4 Blademaster
5 Everything else.

It is strange, even in koreas current patch where FM is quite a bit stronger than in ours, they still consider FM as low tier.

Yet people keep saying FM in our patch isn't weak, if our FM isn't weak BEFORE the version that it is considered low tier in, then what exactly is it?

I said this in another thread, but someone winning with a class only proves it is possible to win with it, not that it isn't a disadvantage.

Petter solberg could be in a pretty shitty low cost car while I had a top quality rally car, and he would still race way ahead of me in a rally.

If an individual is just so much better than his opponent he will still win even if he plays with a disadvantage.

Balance is not about something being capable of winning.

Balance is when two completely equal opponents always either win/loss 50% of the time or draws, regardless of which class choice they made.

1 hour ago, Nexxa said:

Because one exceptional player managing to beat everyone else with a weak class totally means balance, amirite?

Actually, in this game, yes.  That person is doing something others are clearly not, and it is working.  I wish that site more clearly illustrated who played which class, but this one of those instances where, if someone is making it work, then in some fashion it works and can be made to work.  If you personally are performing worse, then it is because you are worse.

Sure, some additional skill points and whatever else will go a long way I'm sure to giving certain classes more options and bring them more up to "par" with other classes that already have most of their good options.  But most of these balance discussions are just used as crutches because players refuse to think that they need to get better.

Because heck, when the game patches and your rating increases, it's because you *deserved* it, not because you were carried by the game to the next plateau that will assuredly result in more complaining.

Every game, I mean every single game has higher and lower tier classes when it comes to PvP, it is so obvious that certain classes are stronger than other and to disregard that due to an extremely skillfull player winning with a low tier class is just silly.

The classes in this game are NOT balanced, no game ever has managed to balance PvP properly not even blizzard can do that the king of games so no one can deny certain classes are stronger.

BM and FM are definitely weaker than BD / Summ /Destro without a doubt in the world, that is a fact which many people would agree with, it's all people are trying to get across. 

49 minutes ago, Vecejj said:

Every game, I mean every single game has higher and lower tier classes when it comes to PvP, it is so obvious that certain classes are stronger than other and to disregard that due to an extremely skillfull player winning with a low tier class is just silly.

The classes in this game are NOT balanced, no game ever has managed to balance PvP properly not even blizzard can do that the king of games so no one can deny certain classes are stronger.

BM and FM are definitely weaker than BD / Summ /Destro without a doubt in the world, that is a fact which many people would agree with, it's all people are trying to get across. 

I think that's just it for me:  I don't care if FM is considered weaker and Destroy/Summoner/Assassin/LBD are considered stronger.  Does that affect me queuing up and working on improving?  Does it affect me needing to learn basics of countering defensive/offensive-defensive abilities properly?  Does it affect me needing to know when to escape various CC and when to let it ride because it's a bait?  Does it affect my ability to combo Impact stuns or aerial juggles?  Does it affect the knowledge I need to modify my skills based on which class I'm up against so I'm not wasting any skill points?

The answer to all of those is "no".  So why would I waste my time excusing fights because "well, the community thinks FM is weak".  That isn't going to help me get better.  I can already tell how much more flexibility I'm going to have with the skillpoints from HM levels.  I've seen a few HM skills to know that they'll give even more flexibility.  But it really doesn't matter.

We have the benefit of generally knowing what path balance is going to take.  How many other MMOs can make that boast?  Typically I'm all about discussing balance, especially when the direction is ambiguous/unknown.  This isn't even discussion about balance though.  It's just people complaining without knowing hardly anything about the game.  There's no detail to the complaints.  No substance.  It's mostly just "I'm angry at a thing that I don't fully understand, but it should change anyway".

I understand perfect balance isn't achievable.  So why worry so much about it?  Especially when there are example players out there rocking people with the classes deemed weak.  All that tells me is I have a lot to learn, and my problem is me.

Also, I know it was probably sarcastic, but Blizzard isn't the king of games.  They're the king of the lowest common denominators.  I love their games, but I love a lot of other games too, so that isn't anything special.

3 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

The answer to all of those is "no".  So why would I waste my time excusing fights because "well, the community thinks FM is weak".  

Stopped here, not going to read the rest, if you think people are just excusing them selves because of what the community says you are clueless. Everyone draws their own conclusion from first hand experience (at least I hope so) and all you do is claim people are hiding behind the communities opinion, weak and poor argument.

Fm / Bm are low tier - Destro / summ / BD are higher tier

Fact. 

Does it bother me? kinda yea, Will I stop playing FM? Nope, so let's just agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Vecejj said:

Stopped here, not going to read the rest, if you think people are just excusing them selves because of what the community says you are clueless. Everyone draws their own conclusion from first hand experience (at least I hope so) and all you do is claim people are hiding behind the communities opinion, weak and poor argument.

Fm / Bm are low tier - Destro / summ / BD are higher tier

Fact. 

Does it bother me? kinda yea, Will I stop playing FM? Nope, so let's just agree to disagree.

If you aren't going to read what I have to say, then there's no agreeing to disagree.  There's just an end to the conversation.  I'm fine with that too, though, because your apparent faith in gaming communities when it pertains to opinions of balance far outweighs my own.  Especially when phrases like "the majority agrees" and "everyone knows" are used to frequently in any sort of argument.

1 minute ago, Cogbyrn said:

If you aren't going to read what I have to say, then there's no agreeing to disagree.  There's just an end to the conversation.  I'm fine with that too, though, because your apparent faith in gaming communities when it pertains to opinions of balance far outweighs my own.  Especially when phrases like "the majority agrees" and "everyone knows" are used to frequently in any sort of argument.

I'm not reading what you write because you disregard everything anyone says and complain there is no valid argument yet you provide none at all, they complain and you complain that they complain... utterly pointless.

In order to not derail this topic I will no longer reply.

48 minutes ago, Vecejj said:

I'm not reading what you write because you disregard everything anyone says and complain there is no valid argument yet you provide none at all, they complain and you complain that they complain... utterly pointless.

In order to not derail this topic I will no longer reply.

He actually didn't disregard what people said if you took time to read it though lol. You're doing the very thing you're accusing him of doing. 

3 minutes ago, Enamour said:

He actually didn't disregard what people said if you took time to read it though lol. You're doing the very thing you're accusing him of doing. 

I read everything except that one post which I read half of, not much of a valid argument you have there. Can we stay on topic please instead of bickering, discuss balance, fm, tournaments god knows just enough of this bs, not getting us anywhere. 

Archived