Assassin or Forcemaster top dps

iMav

lols... as others said. if your sin is outdpsing your same geared FM, you obivously have no clue on how to play or build a FM.  

FM wins dps race any day....

A class is OP when a regular LMB attack can do 3.5K on crit...  yes u heard me correct.. 3.5k on a LMB atk.   

And the "F" spam skill which gives increased fire DPS is majorly OP cuz its spamable, and u can have that buff up 100% of the time.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can put out some MUY damage on my FM.

Majority of the time (95%) I can outshine my buddie that is a sin, but a small amount of time (5%) when the conditions are perfect he can outshine me with his fancy new buff.

(we basically have the same AP/gear)

43 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

My flicker (lmb) does 4k. BM top dps now, sir?

BM's were not included in this conversation.  

Even then a FM can outdps a BM without blinking twice.  

The only way ur gonna steal agro against a FM is if your cyclone is spec'd for threat, and your wearing threat gear...

• 2 weeks later...

are FM's still better in dps when it comes to mining? Boss events? melee needs to counter/ re -position themselves every once i awhile becaouse of cones/aoe damage, while ranged class such as FM's do not. i see an increased number of FM's doing boss dailies.

• 3 weeks later...

My LBM crit for 7-8k,RBM for 2k+ and 2 for 15-16k.Beat this if you can as sin.

Even if a SSP channel is full and there is 0 people of the oposit faction I get box 100% of the time.

All these videos from KR tho.... you seriously think that KR version is anywhere near comparable to the NA version?

and nope, I've been down a lot of dungeons and I've never once seen a Sin outdpsing anyone of the same gear tier. I'd never have to spec my skill points into threat increase as a KFM when I see a Sin on my party.

but for FM and SUM, I'd have to spec it to hold aggro on most runs.

and OP's question isnt helping anyone answering anything worth while. All bosses will have melee classes be dodging and iframing for their lives. FM got higher dps on practical uses, no doubt.

But, wind summoner is still reigning supreme on other regions. We'll see how it will come out for us, soon enough.

Btw, there are people out there who cant play their class well, if you want a more accurate answer, you should be asking someone who's well-known for playing both classes (or even better, all)

Forum's gonna be filled with scrubs like me, dishing out opinions left n right, since there's literally no real "end-game" in sight for this game, so far. Things will change.

You never know.... Destroyer might make a comeback and actually be a class with base stats towards tanking that can properly tank, one day and Summoner can actually summons other shits, rather than just a cat (i mean, seriously, a summoner that can only summon one specific entity......dafuq)

fm master dps. azraelkun u play the most noobish class in world and u got raped by force master in pvp hahahah that make u buthurt? fm is hardest class for pvp and u stilll got raped even tho u play assassin kid brainded class hahah get rekt smallson 

15 hours ago, Vio Ignis said:

All these videos from KR tho.... you seriously think that KR version is anywhere near comparable to the NA version?

and nope, I've been down a lot of dungeons and I've never once seen a Sin outdpsing anyone of the same gear tier. I'd never have to spec my skill points into threat increase as a KFM when I see a Sin on my party.

but for FM and SUM, I'd have to spec it to hold aggro on most runs.

and OP's question isnt helping anyone answering anything worth while. All bosses will have melee classes be dodging and iframing for their lives. FM got higher dps on practical uses, no doubt.

But, wind summoner is still reigning supreme on other regions. We'll see how it will come out for us, soon enough.

Btw, there are people out there who cant play their class well, if you want a more accurate answer, you should be asking someone who's well-known for playing both classes (or even better, all)

Forum's gonna be filled with scrubs like me, dishing out opinions left n right, since there's literally no real "end-game" in sight for this game, so far. Things will change.

You never know.... Destroyer might make a comeback and actually be a class with base stats towards tanking that can properly tank, one day and Summoner can actually summons other shits, rather than just a cat (i mean, seriously, a summoner that can only summon one specific entity......dafuq)

"I've been down a lot of dungeons and I've never once seen a Sin outdpsing anyone of the same gear tier..."--

you've obviously ran into some pretty bad sins if that's the case. i've consistently outdps'ed/outaggro'd any class that's not a fm, unless they have 30+ap on me, etc. i guarantee you any sin that is moderately good at their class will easily outdps you with similar gear. that's a fact. the problem with sins, esp now in silverfrost patch with bosses having true sight, is that it is quite easy to get knocked out of stealth so we can't dps as well, and we are also very squishy so only a couple of mistakes and we're dead. 

trust me...I've played BM, KFM, and SIN, and SIN's damage completely blows BMs and KFMs out of the water. Not even a competition...

9 hours ago, Kyokushinkai said:

fm master dps. azraelkun u play the most noobish class in world and u got raped by force master in pvp hahahah that make u buthurt? fm is hardest class for pvp and u stilll got raped even tho u play assassin kid brainded class hahah get rekt smallson 

why they allow 12 year old kids play this, and post on forums? o.O

On 3/9/2016 at 1:43 AM, TopDollar said:

Force Master is way beyond assassins because in every group im in. I have never ever seen a SIN hold aggro on the boss but i have seen many FM and BMs holding aggro. Second tier goes to Summoners and Destroyers.

That's rather odd cause i've yet to run a dungeon where i didn't pull aggro as my sin regardless of what other classes were present.

Also have never had trouble staying in melee range of any boss since i got like 3 instant gap closers at low cooldown.

Maybe the sin's you've played with just suck?

PvE
Warlock (with Soulburn and without)
Summoner
KFM (with buff)
Destroyer (with buff)
LBD (If build right, you can do outragouts combo spams with lightning draw)
FM (equal atk spd + dps like assassin just ranged)
Assassin (equal atk spd + dps like fm, just close range)
PvP
Destroyer
Summoner
LBD
Warlock
FM
BD
Assassin

--
this is just my personal opinion from experiences.

8 minutes ago, RavTH said:

PvE
Warlock (with Soulburn and without)
Summoner
KFM (with buff)
Destroyer (with buff)
LBD (If build right, you can do outragouts combo spams with lightning draw)
FM (equal atk spd + dps like assassin just ranged)
Assassin (equal atk spd + dps like fm, just close range)
PvP
Destroyer
Summoner
LBD
Warlock
FM
BD
Assassin

--
this is just my personal opinion from experiences.

which way is your list going?

because warlock for the top of PVE would have no sense

First of all as FM there are only few bosses that you need to run away from and they are faction ones. I have never ran from bosses i only stand right on them and move to other side of their attack as for aoe attacks use q or e and run back to boss.

Now about dps only ppl with 50+ap can steal aggro from me even threat specced classes need to have more ap than me to hold aggro so for now at least FM is top dps class.

People seem to be using who has aggro the most as a way to tell DPS. However, one of summoner's most damaging skills (nettles) doesn't create ANY aggro. A skill that hits for over 5k damage every second for 10 seconds.

In all my testing and runs I've never seen any FM (same general gear ofc) do higher DPS than me. They have incredible burst damage and will top the charts for the first 10-15 sec of a fight and then drop down to second place. Haven't seen any class that does more than FM other than summoner, but FMs will have aggro anyway because not all summoner skills generate aggro. 

Also, remember summoners have a cat that puts out very decent damage. Just from the bleed stacks alone summons do a lot of sustained damage, not to mention their auto attacks, and how hard the hammer and missile can hit (both upwards of 10k for my pet).

Just the fact that they made one of our hardest hitting skills not generate ANY aggro should give people a good idea of how much damage summoner does. I've no doubt that if nettles generated aggro, and if pet aggro was attributed to the summoner, only BMs and KFMs might have a chance at keeping aggro from them.

if the boss cant fight back & just stands there like a training dummy, assassin. Any other situation? force master. mainly because fm doesnt have to deal with the crap a melee class has to deal with so it has uninterrupted rivers of dps.

just refer to the dps meter that's in korea..... stop making bullshet statements from personal experience....

based on screenshots of korean dps meter, in regular dungeon runs, summoner ranks top, then is forcemaster, destroyers and blade dancer rank bottom due to dps loss from grapple/phantom grab. Sin is NOT top dps just because some of you play sin and deal good dmg doesn't make him highest dps. Ranged class in this game has a definite advantage over melee class in dungeon runs and open world boss fights such as without the need to dodge aoe attacks giving them more breathing room to freely dps.

4 hours ago, Familiar said:

People seem to be using who has aggro the most as a way to tell DPS. However, one of summoner's most damaging skills (nettles) doesn't create ANY aggro. A skill that hits for over 5k damage every second for 10 seconds.

oh and WLs rmb is about 20 perc their damage, and also doesnt increase aggro (totally not claiming that wl is, tho when there are two wl, and one runs time distort with dragoncalls, it is very possible, but situational - everything is about teamplay, this - i have highest apeen, i selected class with highest dps, is just so lol, guys find some girls lmao)

2 hours ago, SuperWangEight said:

just refer to the dps meter that's in korea..... stop making bullshet statements from personal experience....

and that meter counts all run, including mobs, or you can reset it just for boss fight, or how does it work?

After reading 3 pages of this stuff (due to my own curiosity of what people consider top dps, and in what scenarios), I think we're all just too biased by what classes we play and our perceptions are really skewed due to the fact that the only indicator of dps is aggro. And that's one heck of a bad indicator, considering all of the other variables that affect it. Add to that the fact that everyone's experience in this game is different and there's just no conclusive PROOF that I've seen at all about one class being better than another, because such proof can't exist at this point in time. I think the most important thing to remember is that there is no "bad" class in this game; as long as you master your class you are golden. Can we do that instead of insisting that x class sucks and y class is useless when we don't even have the means to prove this? All I've seen it do so far is solve no argument, and maybe even mislead people into thinking something wrong about classes they don't know enough about to judge. Idc whether you're sin or FM as long as you have the skill to use your tools properly.

Judge the player, not the class. I know it's said a lot, but when I see something like this, I think it needs to be said more.

3 hours ago, SuperWangEight said:

based on screenshots of korean dps meter, in regular dungeon runs, summoner ranks top, then is forcemaster, destroyers and blade dancer rank bottom due to dps loss from grapple/phantom grab. Sin is NOT top dps just because some of you play sin and deal good dmg doesn't make him highest dps. Ranged class in this game has a definite advantage over melee class in dungeon runs and open world boss fights such as without the need to dodge aoe attacks giving them more breathing room to freely dps.

Sorry but the latest ranking contains lots of inaccuracies due to widespread gear and stats. The only reason why those Destroyers are on the bottom are because they're in sub-par gear. It's literally taking True Profane and comparing them to True Pirate, and then claiming its the new DPS tier meta.

Also explain the logic in Assassins holding the #1 spot, getting buffs that literally makes them do 2x more damage, and then suddenly drop to middle tier.

Fact: The korean dps screen shots are bs cause of inconsistencies across the gear line up of the classes lol.

FM & SIN are in fact tied more or less for first. I however put fm above sin BECAUSE FM does not have to deal with any of the bs melee have to deal with like close range attacks from the boss. FM can just sit back & river dps. Sin has to dodge & stop rotation to survive there for it looses dps. HOWEVER on a stationary target that poses no threat, sin edges out fm.

I said this at the beginning of the thread and some how 3 pages of pointless squabbling happened anyway lol..

12 minutes ago, Sadi said:

I would pay to see an Assassin that could out damage my FM with the same gear. 

If the sin can stand there and not have to move then it is possible that a sin will.

There is very few times on bosses when i do not have 100% aggro on a boss if i do not have to move around much.

If i can stay in the bosses hitbox then its fine but having to move in and out of a bosses hitbox while a FM can just spam ofc a sin can not out dmg.

As an Assassin myself I can guarantee you 2 things:

1. Currently FM is top dps and assassin 2nd (both with all HM skills we currently have). 

2. In the future (or now in KR) FM is still top dps but only very, very slightly before assassins because assassin gets boosted hard with HM V skill (currently not available).

^Note this scenario is when a boss gets properly tanked by a KFM/BM. 

Funny thing is WL and SF also are very strong dps classes in KR (they are 3rd and 4 th ).

Oh btw: your beloved summoners are not even close to being top dps (they are somewhere in the middlefield). 

Sources: check the latest vids with dps meter running (the newest dungeon for example). 

FM = ~100K DPS

SIN = ~90K DPS (but with more downtime) 

WL = also around 85-90k DPS

SF = 83k DPS

Summoner = ~70k DPS

Blade dancers = also around 70k DPS

Didn't see a vid with a destroyer yet and tanks I don't take into consideration. 

Also big note: results vary depending on their gear and the number taken above are taken with very good but not perfect gear. 

Real numbers with max geared players in the same group can't be found atm unfortunately. 

Also another note:

The DPS of the strongest and weakest class vary at max by about 20%. 

Archived