The game was fun until I reached Blackram Narrows

Xiuyu

8 minutes ago, Goji said:

Narrows is actually pretty fair.  The last boss drops a random weapon for you to bid on AND you get a random one from the box when you turn in the dynamic quest.  That's 2 chances per run. 

The only one I really hated was the first one, at the Stalker Jiganashi (whatever his name is) wheel.  They don't give you a reliable way to get keys that early on, so it's easy to go through all of them and just not get your weapon if you're unlucky.  Then you're just screwed. 

The stalker wheel was pretty fair. I got the costume after about 100 tokens, 4 tokens per kill, was about 25 kills. And I managed to get the costume, on 3 characters.  it was fun to do that with a bunch of players. This dungeon feels like slavery...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Xiuyu said:

Other games with a crap ton of RNG? Like what?

Basically any game... 

WoW 

runescape

archeage

tera

aion

neopets

12sky

vindictus 

the block game from trion

black desert (if u did the beta) 

any game basically even those stupid kid games neopets and runescape when I played 10 years ago... 

No game just gives you the crap you want some games have chances to break, drop, xmog ect... 

Just get over it or quit I really doubt anyone gives a crap if you quit

2 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

Basically any game... 

WoW 

runescape

archeage

tera

aion

neopets

12sky

vindictus 

the block game from trion

black desert (if u did the beta) 

any game basically even those stupid kid games neopets and runescape when I played 10 years ago... 

No game just gives you the crap you want some games have chances to break, drop, xmog ect... 

Just get over it or quit I really doubt anyone gives a crap if you quit

Literally none of those games have RNG like BnS.

4 hours ago, Xiuyu said:

How many times have I done Blackram Narrows? I don't see the point in playing this game anymore if all I can do is do the same dungeon all day and only get the same warlock weapon I can't use. What's the point?

On my summoner and LBD, I was able to get the weapon on the first 1-3 tries, but my FM took about 8 boxes. There's some people that take 20+. It's all rng sadly :( and it's discouraging but keep trying~

5 minutes ago, Xiuyu said:

Literally none of those games have RNG like BnS.

Yeah have you ever grinded in wow??? Some sht had less than 1% drop lol. 

Just quit the game bro it's to much for you obviously go play one of those games. 

Sucks you have bad luck but god my niece doesn't even cry this much 

4 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

Yeah have you ever grinded in wow??? Some sht had less than 1% drop lol. 

Just quit the game bro it's to much for you obviously go play one of those games. 

Sucks you have bad luck but god my niece doesn't even cry this much 

Not anymore. Last time I played WoW, everything was bought with tokens you got from grinding raids. And that's at MAX LEVEL, not level 20

1 minute ago, Xiuyu said:

Not anymore. Last time I played WoW, everything was bought with tokens you got from grinding raids. And that's at MAX LEVEL, not level 20

Well than you might need to quit all games because they all have RNG now kid. 

It's just to much for you and it's not worth the stress so I would suggest an easy hobbie something with no chances. 

Anyways hope you find something, but quit crying you look pathetic. 

Well than you might need to quit all games because they all have RNG now kid. 

It's just to much for you and it's not worth the stress so I would suggest an easy hobbie something with no chances. 

Anyways hope you find something, but quit crying you look pathetic. 

No games have RNG on this scale. BnS is basically rigged RNG simulator 2012. 

1 minute ago, Xiuyu said:

No games have RNG on this scale. BnS is basically rigged RNG simulator 2012. 

Than quit lol! 

No one gives a crap of you play or not 

my gosh please tell me you are not this dunce hahahahaha! 

If you dislike something than don't do it and quit crying holy crap you make two year olds  look mature! 

thanks for the laughs but holy crap grow up if you don't like it don't play it

Than quit lol! 

No one gives a crap of you play or not 

my gosh please tell me you are not this dunce hahahahaha! 

If you dislike something than don't do it and quit crying holy crap you make two year olds  look mature! 

thanks for the laughs but holy crap grow up if you don't like it don't play it

Okay I will quit then. 

3 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

Other game's rng is ok because stuff isn't bound. All of the decent stuff in this game is bound, so you have no choice but to suffer rng hell each time.

A large amount of breakthrough weapons are actually tradable, and commonly on marketplace for rather cheap prices.

Blight weapons however, are not among them.

Many games have rng on a much worse scale then BnS. Hell BnS is not even the first to add such a system. WoW and Final Fantasy XI had horrid chances for many things. FFXI had the worst of them all. You had a boss that spawned once a WEEK about 200 people in the area to kill it bUT only one group of 18 could fight it. And then it has a 0.5% chance to drop a defender ring.  The rng in BnS is not as bad as it could be. It is honestly not to bad to begin with. Took me about 22 runs to get my blight dagger. My inferno dagger dropped 1 go. I ran tomb of exiles 82 times before I got the blazing flames outfit. Yet my fiance ran it once got the drop. BOOM RNG.  Has nothing to do with premium or f2p. Suck it up.

Anyone who recalls vanilla wow and farming for your head masters charge, or any of the gear understands what real RNG bullshit can be. Working for hours to clear a dungeon only to have same warrior drop every single time, or worse druid gear that nobody in your group could use. I'm quite use to the bull of bad RNG but alot of that has been done away with in more modern mmos. This is because players today want to work toward a goal not work toward the chance for a goal, hence why badges were implemented, most mmo players today aren't so keen on dealing with RNG. I don't mind RNG as long as its fair and unfortunately are times that this games RNG feels very biased toward screwing you over. 

That said combat is so good i don't pay much attention to it...since it is a fun game to play, but you can only do one area so many times in a row before it gets old, alot of this could be fixed by simply allowing the non-lvl 45 items to be traded. Would make the leveling experience alot smoother. But over all we got what we got and i don't expect it to change. 

Hey, lots of restaurants out of there sell dung that is dungier than the dung they sell here. So you can't complain about the dung in your food!

Sorry, your logic is terrible. It's terrible consumerism, too. It encourages development teams to CREATE and PROMOTE crap in their games because the players can't be arsed to ask the games to respect their time.

RNG shouldn't be your only game mechanic. Games have learned this long ago, but for some reason it has yet to reach MMO developers (particularly of the East, where the players are more tolerant of it). If anything, the game needs some kind of safety net, a bar tht fills with each run/attempt/turn of the wheel that, once filled, lets you pick EXACTLY the reward you want. Then players will feel REWARDED when they get something randomly, because they'll be getting it before filling the bar. And if they don't get it, they still have a clear goal of how many runs/attemts/turns of the wheel they must endure before they get what they want.

Plus, having warlock weapons in the loot table months before their release is really a shitty thing to do. Come on, developers!

45 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Hey, lots of restaurants out of there sell dung that is dungier than the dung they sell here. So you can't complain about the dung in your food!

Sorry, your logic is terrible. It's terrible consumerism, too. It encourages development teams to CREATE and PROMOTE crap in their games because the players can't be arsed to ask the games to respect their time.

RNG shouldn't be your only game mechanic. Games have learned this long ago, but for some reason it has yet to reach MMO developers (particularly of the East, where the players are more tolerant of it). If anything, the game needs some kind of safety net, a bar tht fills with each run/attempt/turn of the wheel that, once filled, lets you pick EXACTLY the reward you want. Then players will feel REWARDED when they get something randomly, because they'll be getting it before filling the bar. And if they don't get it, they still have a clear goal of how many runs/attemts/turns of the wheel they must endure before they get what they want.

Plus, having warlock weapons in the loot table months before their release is really a shitty thing to do. Come on, developers!

I like that bar idea. Diablo 3 had something like that after it was updated. I think it was 1 legendary drop every hour at the least. Couldn't we get 1 class drop every hour in this game?

The only thing I have against the game is that later dungeons  seems to be quiet messy. People just rush to the boss from entering the stage and there's a mob following them in which you get caught up and killed. Why are they rushing so much? I don't see where's the fun in that. A couple of lvl 45 go in the party and you are automatically left behind to deal with mobs. I'm dying to see what awaits us in 24 man dungeons. I hope it alleviates this mess.

the rng part in bns is haven compared to the cost to upgrade later on.

To upgrade to siren, I used more than 50 gold worth of mats.

I had the weapon for more than a week before I even had the money to upgrade.

You need to keep in mind that hongmoon weapon is the best in game for your level. What games did you play and used best gear from start to finish?

Unless you had friends or higher level character, it was impossible to use best gear in any mmorpg...

You are just mad because others were lucky with their drop.......but doesn't that happen in any game?  Some people don't need to farm.

A few tips:

- a key cost about 3 silver in marketplace. Assuming you need 1 key to open chest and on average 10 tries, a weapon can cost more than 30 silver to get. Check marketplace for brilliant keys (100% chance for your weapon) or weapon ( if blue since they are tradable). It might be better to sell your keys to make money in the long run

- open 10 chests at a time for better luck ( usually i don't need more)

- purple dungeons gives stats when you run them 10 times. Before opening chests, run it 10 times for achievement. You might get your drop at the end without the need to open any chests and you save keys

46 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

Just a note: If you're having a ton of trouble with RNG for a particular dungeon, check the Marketboard for cheap Brilliant keys. Cinderland ones are roughly 30-40 silver.

is what i've started doing personally it saves heart ache sad part is though it means people are buying the keys which is feeding the idea that the practice of crap rng is ok... as for RNG being bad, or worse then other games i find it falls somewhere on low end. There Are games that are way worse, but it is defiantly frustrating as all hell to open 50 boxes and still not have your class weapon. My basically strat is to run in 4-5 times if i dont see my weapon i just buy a key. 

3 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

is what i've started doing personally it saves heart ache sad part is though it means people are buying the keys which is feeding the idea that the practice of crap rng is ok... as for RNG being bad, or worse then other games i find it falls somewhere on low end. There Are games that are way worse, but it is defiantly frustrating as all hell to open 50 boxes and still not have your class weapon. My basically strat is to run in 4-5 times if i dont see my weapon i just buy a key. 

You can't sell the keys you buy from the Hongmoon Store. The keys on the Marketboard are keys from ingame chests/boxes. ie they were obtained by free methods.

Every games you guys mentioned all have RNG at END GAME TO GET THE BEST GEARS. Seriously, none of these games have scream in your face about USE REAL MONEY TO BUY KEY TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.

Sure, some games have the worst RNG like upgrade to +15 and such, but FFXI doesn't have that, it's pure effort and no CS items to help it.

This game, they just make RNG grind that much earlier at lv 20 and keep screaming Use Real Money at your face all the time.

9 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Every games you guys mentioned all have RNG at END GAME TO GET THE BEST GEARS. Seriously, none of these games have scream in your face about USE REAL MONEY TO BUY KEY TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.

Sure, some games have the worst RNG like upgrade to +15 and such, but FFXI doesn't have that, it's pure effort and no CS items to help it.

This game, they just make RNG grind that much earlier at lv 20 and keep screaming Use Real Money at your face all the time.

Psssst, hey. You can buy the same kind of keys as are in the Cash Shop on the Marketboard. And they're not even that expensive! Did you also know these keys come out of boxes ingame? Cool, huh!

2 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

Psssst, hey. You can buy the same kind of keys as are in the Cash Shop on the Marketboard. And they're not even that expensive! Did you also know these keys come out of boxes ingame? Cool, huh!

2 gold for Moonwater Key.  Viridian Key is 7 gold last I checked.

Don't tell me about key from boxes, I have 2 lv 45 and my brother character is another 45 and we have been doing dailies everyday, not a single freaking key.

When you killed Blackwyrm, you need Misty Wood Key and guess what? Killing Terror dropped a box with RNG to get such key. Bots are farming this key nonstop.

Archived