Winter Chest

NightyNight

2 hours ago, Meerkat said:

What I'm trying to say here is if you hate having money, buy the cash shop RNG boxes.  Otherwise, you have much better options.

I'd prefer to call it "if you want to give NCSoft a charitable donation" rather than hate having money.

I mean, as much as I loathe RNG boxes, the money is going to the devs and such behind the game, which I guess some may see as a worthy cause.  Doubt it'll count as a tax write off though.

43 minutes ago, delaMorai said:

People don't learn do they? If everyone continues buying those RNG boxes, they won't stop putting them into the shop. You lot are just falling into their trap. Don't buy it and they will put the outfits in the shop eventually.

This.  1000x this.  The fact is there are whales that spend ridiculous amounts of money on F2P games.  Which makes it annoying for players that only wish to spend a rational amount.

(Note:  Personally I'm not a fan of the F2P model in general.  It's great if you have no intent of ever paying, it sucks if you do.  And I tend to be that latter category.  I mean, it's really common sense.  Free players do cost the company, so the payers have to make up for them in addition for themselves.  And the fact that companies make more money in that model drives home the point.  The people that do pay in F2P games typically end up paying a LOT more than they would if it was sub based.)

28 minutes ago, GnatB said:

This.  1000x this.  The fact is there are whales that spend ridiculous amounts of money on F2P games.  Which makes it annoying for players that only wish to spend a rational amount.

Agreed. I don't like random boxes and can't afford them. Single outfits would be no problem. But the fact that they are not account-wide is also a problem for low budget players. Well, NCSoft is doing the right thing. Milking money as much as they can. Just unfortunate for low budget players^^

Archived