Uhhhhh... Summoners?

Gourogo

So this is more for NCSoft and less for debate among the community but, what in the holy hell is up with the Cat staying alive after the summoner dies?  I am completely and utterly confused why/how/whatthefuk/ about this.  Mid level Open World PvP is already fast paced, gear dependent and level dependent than any other MMO I have ever seen but then you have this class that kills you after then die?  I have killed tons and tons of Summoners as a Sin... tons!  But more than I would say 65% of the time the Cat finishes me off.  Many times I just Decoy and run but what about the other classes that do not have that luxury?  I mean this thing is still performing skills on me.  Summoner died, Cat drops the bomb on me with his hammer.

So anyways, rant done.  I am just curious why this is the only class that this is allowed with?  Lore-master in Lord of the Rings can't do it,  Robot Mastermind in City of Villains can't do it, Illusion Controller in City of Heroes can't do it, Warlock, Mage and Hunter in WoW can't do it, nothing in SWtoR can do it, Necromancer in GW2 can't do it, Squirrel Girl in Marvel Heroes can't do it, Meta Physicist in Anarchy Online can't do it, Mana Mentalists in DAoC couldn't do it, SWG's Creature Handler couldn't do it..... I mean... why?

Anyways, I may never even post again but this erks me.

2 hours ago, Gourogo said:

Meta Physicist in Anarchy Online can't do it.

Actually, his pets remain, they are just inactive, panicking really. And I do recall that the pets of a logged off owner pretty much become mobs, and really insane ones at that. :P

Doesn't the summoner and pet the HP pool devided among them. The summoner and cat HP pool together is almost on par with other classes. So in that case I think it's OK for the summoner to control the cat when he dies. If not give all HP to the summoner and have that cat being unkillable, and disapear when summoner dies. But as it is now, I think it sure makes sense to let him control his cat when he dies.

1 minute ago, PunkPanther said:

Doesn't the summoner and pet the HP pool devided among them. The summoner and cat HP pool together is almost on par with other classes. So in that case I think it's OK for the summoner to control the cat when he dies. If not give all HP to the summoner and have that cat being unkillable, and disapear when summoner dies. But as it is now, I think it sure makes sense to let him control his cat when he dies.

The cat can have like 40k hp, and the summoner can have the normal 35-40k hp with moonwater soul shield arena.

So not really.

Its the only class whose cat is alive after the summoner has died, because there's a skill that correlates to reviving them afterwards and sacrificed in parties to res groups. If they change it, they would need to either take both resurrections out or change them around. If they make pvp/pve changes to the skill, they'd have to do it to all other classes as well.

However, having an un summon option would be great, or a timer for how long the cat can stay active similar to the warlock.

10 hours ago, Masqava said:

The cat can have like 40k hp, and the summoner can have the normal 35-40k hp with moonwater soul shield arena.

So not really.

Funny enough, this would balance the game quite nicely if the summoner only had 20k HP and the summon 25k or vice versa. Would completely abolish the people complaining about the summoner and infact, make fighting them fair. As it stand now? It is like fighting a raid boss, cept it heals and leaves behind mobs when it dies.

28 minutes ago, KashraFall said:

Funny enough, this would balance the game quite nicely if the summoner only had 20k HP and the summon 25k or vice versa. Would completely abolish the people complaining about the summoner and infact, make fighting them fair. As it stand now? It is like fighting a raid boss, cept it heals and leaves behind mobs when it dies.

In all fairness, at the same rate skill level increases - at the same rate the summoners advantage decreases.

I agree that at low skill levels, the summoner has an advantage just by mashing buttons - but when more skilled players play against eachother - the summoner lacks in arsenal.

Which is excactly why you don´t see any summoners in the top16, on the korean pvp-scene.

So bottomline is that, yes summoners have it easy to start with - but once you work on your skills, any other class has more benefits.

I´d trade a start difficulty any day, with an endgame advantage. And I believe any summoner would agree with me (at least the ones pvp-interested)

wait until you fight a summoner with 40k HP who has a cat with 40k HP and you have 40k HP but you can only burst down one of them with almost ll your skills and a perfect combo ...pick the cat the summoner hits you with beams and you die pick the summoner and mid combo the cat pulls out it's hammer and knocks you down breaking the combo. 

So I tried knocking the cat out ...summoner just goes invisible and runs a long way away cat respawns next to them due to distance ... what the actual fk lol kill the cat the summoner just goes invisible and re summons it. 

Still in open pvp the most broken class is Destroyer ...all they have to do is spin spin spin spin spin and pop a healing tonic hell they run away using spin and can go faster then you can sprint.

I don't really think the game is balanced yet at level 45 and later with more skill points and hongmoon skills I would hope it evens out, also some classes are great vs other classes depending on how you set them up. But yeah limiting the HP of summoner and pet would be one way to balance them in the game for now, some classes have 1550 crit like me and get over 50% crit rate yet i get like 38% with the same numerical values so there may be some better balance when we get class gear in game too. 

If they were to "lower" the cat's HP like so many of you are stating, are they going to increase the control summoners have over their cats?

It's not like a summoner can control the cat fully independently like they can they character. Yes there are skills, but you can't make your cat manually dodge everything, like your character can, there is a leash to distance, as well as a leash to how far a cat can go while still responding to commands/skills the player chooses. 

Everyone just see's the cat's hp and seems to be annoyed with it, however there is very limited control a summoner has over their cat, it's not 100% control.  Also in order for the cat to have said HP amount, the summoner is spec'd for it.

5 hours ago, Dreamer0526 said:

No, they get 40k when the summoner has 35K-40k hp. Its ridiculous.

STOP INSULTING THE "BALANCE" CLASS. Standing at 80k hp in arena is obviously balance. 

you mean the 1v1 mode? ooh.. Sorry! *cough* *cough* I meant 2v1.

STOP INSULTING THE "BALANCE" CLASS. Standing at 80k hp in arena is obviously balance. 

I am curious to a see a screenshot (obviously from our version and at a lvl 45 summoner).

On 7.2.2016 at 5:15 PM, Gourogo said:

I have killed tons and tons of Summoners as a Sin... tons!  But more than I would say 65% of the time the Cat finishes me off.

Huge l2p issues here, the cat will dissappear as soon the summoner revives himself. The cat will not fight anymore if the summoners tries to revive himself with the cat, kill it than. No matter what, you will always get the faction points for the kill, despite dieing after. Also this other games example..... ? Is it a rule i missed that clearly states "other games didnt do it, so you're game is not allowed to do something new". 

Still silver? Without the defensive skill on the cat, the cat has 20k hp in arena. With it, it has 29k hp.

Why they made the cat to be like this when other games don't?

Games happen to be different in many ways? Are ALL the mechanics of summoner

classes exactly the same on those games you named and all the other games out

there. No of course not. Why even start comparing them? 

Could also ask, why our summoner has only one summon but not many unlike

other games summoner type classes? Or why is that cat even a tank when

in many other games summoners summons can't tank at all? And why is the cat

not buffing the summoner itself with great buffs when in many other games they do give a lot

of buffs to the master? Because games are different. And just to make ur life even better,

I've heard that summoners will get buffed to have even more HP (but their Sunflower gets ''nerfed''

from 2 focus cost into 3 lol). They made the class to be like that and you just have to live with it.

If it's too much for u to handle, consider learning more about how to PvP against them effectively. 

People who know how to PvP well say summoners are easy so I don't

really see why these ''summoner op'' threads are necessary.

As vague it sounds, just, learn to play. I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, Rylen said:

House cat spec.

1yCOxHW.jpg

We´re talking Arena stats. This is clearly not arena, but rather "fishbelly pub"

If you notice, I was replying to "dreamer" who was complaining about cats having 40k hp in the arena, where I said the cat has 20.808 regardless of soul shields and items,.

6 minutes ago, Victorion said:

wOW

We´re talking Arena stats. This is clearly not arena, but rather "fishbelly pub"

If you notice, I was replying to "dreamer" who was complaining about cats having 40k hp in the arena, where I said the cat has 20.808 regardless of soul shields and items,.

Well, I just now noticed both of those quotes were the same person, you. I just had owpvp on my mind, given the forum.

Anyway, now we have a picture for reference for ow.

2 hours ago, Rylen said:

Well, I just now noticed both of those quotes were the same person, you. I just had owpvp on my mind, given the forum.

Anyway, now we have a picture for reference for ow.

nah he's bringing in another aspect because this is owpvp forum...

On 8/2/2016 at 4:53 AM, KashraFall said:

I wont argue about the comment of one user at the start of the topic, that this class is the easiest to play, you dont really need much skill in order to beat other players with the Summoner, and i enjoy the class, is really fun, but honestly i want to play the Kung Fu Master, but i cant since i have delay from my country with the server, and having 1 second of delay dont allow me to perform KFM skills correctly, neither allow me to do the ani-cancel of the destroyer which is their main DPS combo , which end up leaving to play the Assasin and BM which dont need that much skill to play, but they are not fun to me.

But, if you complain about summoners, that mean you are not really experienced or neither you have the patience to learn the PVP of this, very skill based game, because Summoners are NOT in the top 50 in the RU, KR and Chinese servers, maybe you can see one or two, but you will see BM/BD, Assasins, Destroyers and KM more often in the tops and championships, and usually the KM and Destroyers take the Summonners as a free win in PVP. I still think Summoners are a class for players that lack of skill or just want to have fun, but they are not OP or neither a competitive class.

You complaining about Summoners is like me a summoner complaining about how a Sin can stay cloaked all the time and hit and  knock you into the air with it's kick, stun me, poison me, electrocute me.  Holy cow stop complaining about the attributes of the Summoner and play your own class the best you can!  You state that you kill Summoners all the time for the most part so if you lose to one occasionally, LET THAT BE OK.

On 2/10/2016 at 6:00 PM, Galadin said:

You complaining about Summoners is like me a summoner complaining about how a Sin can stay cloaked all the time and hit and  knock you into the air with it's kick, stun me, poison me, electrocute me.  Holy cow stop complaining about the attributes of the Summoner and play your own class the best you can!  You state that you kill Summoners all the time for the most part so if you lose to one occasionally, LET THAT BE OK.

People don't read well.  Or at least, they only read what they want to read.  As I stated (wait let me make this much easier for everyone to see clearly) for other players that can't do what I can do on a Sin, was my main concern.  It has nothing to do with my ability to fight a Summoner.  At least L2disagree properly or accurately.

Archived