I don't think my journey in BnS will live up to lvl 45.

Fifi2

I'm currently at level 37 and I feel like 50% of the population are robots. An I'm not talking about the Gold spam bots. I talk about the real people who does not communicate at all. You type something in random generated party - No Responce, you meet a player that named his toon on your fav anime, you type to him - no responce, he just run around like a turd. You type in Faction Chat - all you get is "Terror channel #" and no conversation at all. My clan chat? The few people that bother to talk are only blabling and bragging about their Platinum rating in the Arena. They are of no HELP at ALL, they dont form parties or anything and from the few convos I had with them they dont care about cool outfit drops either. 

I know that I may sound like a whiny idiot to you, but my previous MMO was Lineage 2 Chronicle 5(I have not played MMOs in 5 or more years). Despite the terrible conditions of the survers full with bots, the fact that L2 is hardcore grinding and unforgiving to players, there was a lot of fun with the people I met there. Chats were full of people (apart from the General where everyone was spaming WTS/WTT/WTB). There were so many clan based stuff like Castle Sieges that provoked you to communicate with people, simply becuase the game was UNSOLOABLE. There were parties that you stuck to for long time, even if they are not in your Alliance or clan, simply because hanging around with crafters, spoilers and buffers WAS important to progrees. Everyone depended on each other.

In BNS there is no such thing. Parties are created super fast  and disbanded even faster. Everyone is on their own way, untill they reach the levels when they can solo Darkglimpse or the Narrows. I have a total of 3 friends  in my BnS friend liest that are rarely online past week. One of them stated he is here all about making gold and was almost angry at me, cause I dont bet in the Narrows - "You will make tons of gold by just participate in the Bet dude, I made a fortune ouf betting fools" and etc. I really fail to see where the fun in BnS is. Not even the cool outfists can keep me for long here. 

The "journey" in bns doesn't end at level 45, that's where it begins. If your clan chat is dead, find a better clan. Random generated parties in cross-server might not even speak your language (in case of EU).

Overall, gl;hf wherever you go. But if you don't see what you're looking for, maybe you're not looking good enough.

P.S. I don't recall talking much under 45 either, just occasionally blabber in faction chat.

I'm talking about windrest. I have assassin on another server, but stuff there does not seems any different. Maybe MMO changed a lot durring the years.  Like I said lat time I played such game was years ago. Maybe the problem is in me, but I really think the majority of peole on Windrest are totaly antisocial. 

I like not having to depend on people and I'm generally a solo player most of the time but I will help and talk to people whenever they talk to me. =o 

The majority of the time I just don't want to bother other people, so I keep to myself. 

Sorry people aren't responding to you. ;~;

This is kind of why I'm trying to get a Discord server going, so no more lonely people. ;~;

OP shouldnt take it personal. Some people are just too fascinated by all the colours and pixels and plots the game has to even bother look at the chatbox for just 2 min. Just yesterday a guy pmed me asking where the wolf altar is, I partied him, told him to follow. I lead him to it, he just left the party after. No thanks or anything, I just pmed him gl and we went our ways. But thats just 1 guy, generally the server is active. You pm someone and they answer...in english lol(starfall crater)

When everyone hits cap in your server and people start to become more competitive at trying to edge out each other in skill and gear you will see a different side perhaps. People are going to be pming u asking "why you have so much hp for ur lvl?" among other questions. Dont over react, give it time.

@NinjaJuicie Theres a discord server for starfall crater.

Lack of Trinity

All new age games that toss out trinity are like this as you don't have to talk or coordinate in fact you really don't need the other people at all if your skilled enough.  In a trinity game people have roles and thus the communicate more because with roles even the boss fights become a bit more diverse so tact is also a discussion.  This game has tanking in that it has threat and it has a sense of healing a bit since summoner can do a tiny bit.  However that's not enough for people to communicate.

Furthermore peeps don't work together nonverbally either because it uses the old fashion lock in that mob you just attacked system.  I came from GW2 and that game has issues too since its taken a simular approach however people help people out in that game mainly because mobs work like bosses in that as long as you hit it you get credit for the kill and thus your quest.  People are less likely to form a small group to complete quests and hang out when peeps have to wait for respawn all the time.

The faction chats in Hajoon are really talkitive and I didnt see people actually communicationg or making parties and afk dancing in towns till level 45.. SO I suggest yoou get there and start making yourself known to faction :D

Only once the game gets hard enough to require seriously working with others is communication going to pick up.

I highly suggest trekking to 45 and then see how things are by then. DivineSeraphim nailed the problem on the head. The modern MMO design of "Dumb everything down so even a caveman could do it" Also kills the social aspect. Since party members would normally be the cure TO make things easy and the reward for going out of your way to be social.

Since mob kill credit isn't shared unless you party; the first reaction upon seeing someone in your quest area is annoyance, instead of interest. This is made worse by the horrible spawn counts in this game. There's just not enough to go around when things are populated.

People may be partially responsible, but don't forget that some bad game design choices are also to blame. Good MMO design encourages and rewards social effort in all aspects of gameplay.

lol you are in windrest when elitist/hardcore are, ofc is no friendly server. 
Join another server or keep changing guilds till you find one you suit in, i still don't have guild playing solo like all the other guys from this server.

i don't bother chatting around as it's too much of a hassle blocking all those bots beforehand.

therefor i built my own chat with say/party/clan/system/whispers events in it.

why should i bother partying up with someone when i can solo almost every dungeon out there except for the blue/purple ones (while leveling) and for the ones i cannot solo i just use the cross-server-thingy.

this game's built around reaching max level asap without too much of interaction with other players. can't say what it's at the top of the levelchain, currently im 38 and i think there won't be much left except farming equipment/outfits.

In Eq one before the increase in leveling speed all we did was chat ..

WoW was about the same early on but with WotLK and then speed dungeons and then cross server dungeons/raid/raid find people stopped saying ANYTHING to anyone 

like in this game I have already stopped bothering with hello again as NO one responses anyway and say with the ty that I was doing at the end of the dungeon .. 

MMO just isn't an MMO anymore making me miss EQ in the old days and CoX as both of them people were sociable NOW it is like the groups and game is filled up with deranged AIs that do the oddest things sometimes  

If you come from Lineage 2 that is the reason, i played it for years and it force you to talk and make constant party and thats the fun and drama at same way.Here is other oposite you can solo almost al,l but if you create strong L2 clan here with DKP system  you will run in full legenary in max 5 weeks . That game got nothing to fight for "you whant blackwyrm?" just change chanel no need to pvp , you whant loot jut get 3 ppl and do some dmg lol and thats top Raid here.

I hate to break it to you but thats the state of most MMOs these days, particularly the F2P ones. Older, hardcore games were different, because people were encouraged to team up and make friends and not get a bad reputation just to get anything done. When I moved on from FFXI to newer mmos a while back it was jarring for me too. Party finders, dungeon finders, etc, are all convenient but they take away the incentive to talk and be invested in other players. Some people just dont care about the other players, some just have too many bad experiences and stay silent. I know I for one used to love chatting in random groups and guilds in online games but after trolls and rude people I prefer to just go in, finish what Im there to do, then leave and go back to talking with my own group.

With that said, you probably just need to find a different clan or make one yourself. Groups that dont spam advertise themselves, or have some kind of requirements to join (age, application, etc) are usually the ones that are going to be more mature and friendly

The people you're talking to might not have their chats filtered. I know a few of the people I play with keep their chat on "all" all the time, because they're talking to each other on skype. It's not that they won't talk to you, they're just dumb and haven't switched their chat so they don't see it, lol.

As for your clan, just find a better one. I had the same problem. There's no reason to stay in a clan that doesn't care what you have to say or are self-absorbed. There are plenty of friendly communities around. Hop around until you find one that fits, do what's best for you.

6 hours ago, Fifi2 said:

I'm currently at level 37 and I feel like 50% of the population are robots. An I'm not talking about the Gold spam bots. I talk about the real people who does not communicate at all. You type something in random generated party - No Responce, you meet a player that named his toon on your fav anime, you type to him - no responce, he just run around like a turd. You type in Faction Chat - all you get is "Terror channel #" and no conversation at all. My clan chat? The few people that bother to talk are only blabling and bragging about their Platinum rating in the Arena. They are of no HELP at ALL, they dont form parties or anything and from the few convos I had with them they dont care about cool outfit drops either. 

I know that I may sound like a whiny idiot to you, but my previous MMO was Lineage 2 Chronicle 5(I have not played MMOs in 5 or more years). Despite the terrible conditions of the survers full with bots, the fact that L2 is hardcore grinding and unforgiving to players, there was a lot of fun with the people I met there. Chats were full of people (apart from the General where everyone was spaming WTS/WTT/WTB). There were so many clan based stuff like Castle Sieges that provoked you to communicate with people, simply becuase the game was UNSOLOABLE. There were parties that you stuck to for long time, even if they are not in your Alliance or clan, simply because hanging around with crafters, spoilers and buffers WAS important to progrees. Everyone depended on each other.

In BNS there is no such thing. Parties are created super fast  and disbanded even faster. Everyone is on their own way, untill they reach the levels when they can solo Darkglimpse or the Narrows. I have a total of 3 friends  in my BnS friend liest that are rarely online past week. One of them stated he is here all about making gold and was almost angry at me, cause I dont bet in the Narrows - "You will make tons of gold by just participate in the Bet dude, I made a fortune ouf betting fools" and etc. I really fail to see where the fun in BnS is. Not even the cool outfists can keep me for long here. 

well its a pvp focus game. those never have great community front. I am sure someone will jump in and be all "git gub nub" or some other stupid Pvp try hard saying. but it's true. I play on a server with quite a bit of people and none really speak either. Even doing cross server they just instantly run into the dungeon and start pulling expecting everyone to be there.

All I can tell you is talk in faction chat, join a clan and see if you can find some team mates there. I did find that people doing the final Blackram dungeon with Po-whatever name. They communicated a tiny bit. So there is hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the game, but the community in general has been one of the most unfriendly, uncommunicative ones that I've ever played with.  I don't think it's just from it being a free to play; Tera's f2p too, but I regularly had people talking to me in that one, both in groups and just out in the world.  In BnS, no one's said an unsolicited word to me in over a month and a half of steady play.  Even the clan invitation that I got was done without a word; I joined thinking it was a party invite.  I think a lot of it has to do with things people have already raised here--the ease of the party finder mechanism, especially, and also the fact that the content so far really doesn't require much in the way of coordination in parties.  The only real dungeon tactic is to blow it up as fast as you can, and I don't mind that that much, actually.  I got tired of the intricate boss mechanics in FFXIV, but on the other hand, they did encourage people to talk.

I think another culprit is just the game's general pace.  It's the most hyperactive mmo I've every played--you move fast, fight fast, think fast, do arena matches fast, do dungeons fast, and so on and on.  This is good in general--it makes it possible for you to accomplish important things in half an hour, which as a busy life offline casual I like.  But it does cost us in the social department.  The best conversations I've had in with random people have come in the very, very few moments the game slows down, like waiting for Mac Dagul to spawn in East Fleet Supply.  I sometimes think that mmo's have lost the feel for slow activities--waiting for the boat, waiting for the spawn, etc.  Like all of us, I used to cuss those kinds of things out in earlier games, but they had added socialization benefits that I didn't see at the time and that I now miss.  Putting at least some of them back in probably would pay benefits. 

Archived