NCSoft keeping PAYING customers IGNORANT

Ysaera

4 hours ago, Fael said:
6 minutes ago, Krosa said:

My only issue about this whole thing is that... As far as outfit transmutation goes, when the only way to even acquire the materials to craft involve real money (Be it your own, or whomever purchased the outfit and salvaged it to sell on the market, real money HAD to be spent at one point or another) and only real money... There should be no possible way to "Fail". If it was true that the Infernal Lord outfit and the Blackram outfit were still salvageable. Then I'd be fine with it, but I refuse to feel like it is okay that you are able to fail something that in the end, costs a total of at the bare minimum, 3200 Ncoin (Cheapest cash outfit) to acquire. 

To me, that does feel rather shady, I'd personally hate to find out that say... You go to a store, buy an item, only to find out that your item you just spent what, 40 dollars is basically 3200 Ncoin, just had the 'chance' to be something nice. Also, to the post saying that it talked about the failure chance, I like to do my research as much as the next guy, but when your only source of information came from a 2013 chinese post... I'll go ahead and say that is NOT at all good enough in terms of informing the player base. Most people aren't going to attempt to dredge up a few years old post, from a foreign variant of the game, to find the answers they seek.

Why did the debate continue after this BnS outfits/racial segregation comparison? It was even hard to read the following posts for me, too much tears of laughter in the eyes... 

Yeap.  That's why I'm trying to keep this relevant and alert as many people as possible since NC isn't making the effort.  And I'm not supporting outfit xmutes until they've turned it at least into a system that makes it clear they're pretty much taking $40 a pop at an attempt.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Relott said:

This is why I won't buy premium. I've been through it before with another company that deployed similar business tactics. I'll save my money until NCSoft can convince me otherwise.

Right?  I totally thought I was on board with this business model, becaue f2p seemed fair, and I enjoyed the benefits they offered with premium.  Then I found this shady underbelly :p

5 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

Right?  I totally thought I was on board with this business model, becaue f2p seemed fair, and I enjoyed the benefits they offered with premium.  Then I found this shady underbelly :p

I've also found that foreign developers who release a game to a foreign market are typically terrible at listening to their community. There is the obvious language barrier and not to mention the fact that typically the only way for the foreign community to voice their opinions on the game is to go through a moderator or some sort of higher up who can pass our feelings onto the big boys. It's a tired scheme and I've had my fill of drama.

5 hours ago, Ysaera said:

Well, it at least seems that the issue is being investigated.  No reimbursements can be made until a decision has been made.  I have to figure this effects everybody with this issue, and will be asking how long we can expect an investigation to take, since they have a 7 day window on things mattering and I'm on day 2 now.

Unfortunately they've been "investigating" this tooltip issue since beta, and apparently "around the clock"...

23 minutes ago, Daemoroth said:

Unfortunately they've been "investigating" this tooltip issue since beta, and apparently "around the clock"...

Yup.  Which is why I clearly asked them in response if this is going to be resolved in under 7 days OR if the issue will still be relevant after 7 days, which seems to be their statute of limitations.

1 minute ago, Moggie said:

Seeing all the negativity here, I just want to say good luck on your efforts. If you feel they've done something illegal, you have every right to take action, and don't let others discourage you.

Thanks, I get that.  And I'm not letting others' negativity affect me, but I really wanted to just make it known to others that we don't have to take this.  Seems not many people are interested, so I'm focusing on just public awareness and holding NC to the flames to at least fix their issues if not rectify them.

I transmuted other stuff to see how the system works, here is what I got:

#4346359 Transmuting outfit pouches gave fabric instead of the pouch

After trying to get the Ascending Cloud Uniform, I encountered the bug, that instead of a Outfit Pouch or a failed transmutation, the 4 pieces of fabric which are currently 5 gold per piece just vanished and I got one piece of fabric with the message "Successfully transmuted to fabric". After I encountered this bug, I tried it again and had the same bug.
After this is obviously a bug, can you please refund me the 8 pieces of fabric I lost in transmutation? Because its a long way to get 40 gold wich are currently 2040 NCoins or 25,50€.

Hello there,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be informed that the item you are trying to acquire is based on luck. Meaning, this items are based on RNG and there's no way we can bypass the game and give it to you for the benefit of your character. We only suggest for you to keep on trying and you will get it eventually.
We wish you good luck and enjoy playing Blade and Soul.
Regards,

Then at least you coul'd write to the transmute option, that only one Fabric could come out of it instead of the pouch. Anything else, I would consider a rip-off.

Hello,
I appreciate you taking the time to send in this suggestion for Blade and Soul. We receive far more suggestions than can possibly be added to the game, and the Development Team has many ideas of their own. When they are considering what to spend their time implementing, one of the most important things that they look for is whether there's a strong desire for particular changes or features from the Blade and Soul community. With this in mind, we have set up a Suggestion Box area on our official forums. Having suggestions available in a public area helps the Development Team gauge the amount of interest in various ideas, and also allows other players to offer feedback of their own. I've included a link to the Suggestion Box area of our forums below.
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/
I'll be glad to do what I can to pass along the information you've already provided, but the Blade and Soul Support Team doesn't have any direct control over the development of Blade and Soul. Please consider posting your idea there, or commenting on a similar suggestion that someone else has already made.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
Regards,
GM Karl
NCSOFT Support Team

If we are talking straight legal precedence, there is actually a defense against a ToS that tries to state that

1. You forfeit your right to take them to court/take any issue to court/agree to automatically default any issue in court: They can write it all they want, but it will not be enforced in a court. You ALWAYS have a right to contest, and regardless of what the ToS says,if they have actually performed an ILLEGAL business practice, such as bait and switch as it seems like they have honestly done here, that actually voids their own contract with you. You can't be a business and break the law. Anyone who refutes this will want to do some research. Blizzard/Activision, Trion worlds, Flagship Studios, EA/Bioware, Realtime Worlds, And Perfect World Entertainment are just a FEW of the big name companies that have been successfully sued, despite stating in their ToS that you own and are entitled to nothing. This only servers to DISCOURAGE people from trying, it DOES NOT LEGALLY protect them.

2.You own no part of your account, and no part of your account is worth any money: Well all this means is that you can't sue them for actual value of your account in case you decided to get bored and try to "cash out" via selling your account to someone else, or trying to sue them for an inability to take your earned items into the real world. And yes, sadly people have tried to sue for having a ton of pixels, and not being able to do anything outside of the game with them. However, if you can prove that you did not receive your real money worth for an item they state you can have for X amount of money, or if you can prove that they charged you for something they didn't at all deliver on, you CAN contest that you are owed either restitution, or the item in the way you were told you could have it. So, while you don't OWN your account, you are entitled to services paid for, and every payment is a LEGALLY binding agreement that states you will get x for y. If this does not HAPPEN, or you can prove they promised you y and you got z, you can absolutely contest that in court.

3. You are owed nothing if the service discontinues/they hold the right to ban you at any time, for any reason, even if you have paid: Zero percent of this is legal/will hold up in court. If you buy a premium loyalty pack for 300 dollars for lifetime service, and you receive service for exactly two months before they have to pull the plug, yeah guess what? You were lied too, and you CAN fight that in court. It may not be a companies fault that they end up going under, but it also isn't yours. Similarly, if you have paid money for a service, you are entitled to that service so long as it is available. What this legally means is, if your account has real worth to it, and you can prove that you have been denied access to it simply because they wanted to, you can sue them for lack of services rendered. While it isn't illegal to sell you something that you can't use, it is illegal to sell you something you CAN use, and then intentionally stop you from using it. Unfortunately, this only protects you if you didn't do anything wrong, If YOU for ANY REASON void the contract you SIGN every time you play, you DO forfeit your right to contest.

I am pretty sure threads about suing the company are against the forum rules. I wouldn't post this here. I would post it on reddit, or a different source that doesn't have you violating their rules.

Archived