NCSoft keeping PAYING customers IGNORANT

Ysaera

Sorry mate, I don't feel like keeping this conversation alive anymore, it aint amusing me anymore.

Good luck with the MMO community and MMO experience, cause i still don't believe You have any longer history with it, or if You do You were probably the same on each board.

And this way You refered to popular people, famous people, well that was funny.

I don't think You will become one of them, but well, keep fighting, You are obviously a warrior.

Good luck again and please, ffs, enjoy that game instead of cricketing around like a little boy, because no matter how You type Your posts, they all sounds the same ;)

Much love to You buddy.

No *cricket* ))

ps.

Dont get me wrong - i fully appricetate the warning about the outfits tho.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how they claim that the devs are working "around the clock" to update a tooltip... And this issue has been reported since BETA! /facepalm

PS - Some people learn from other peoples' mistakes, the rest of us have to be the other people. Thanks for the heads-up, looked at the box and would have considered buying fabric with gold to get the outfits, not going near that system now.

1 hour ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Our first event was in the final CBT, the xmas event.

In this event, all prize outfits could be scrapped for 1 fabric and 1 high quality fabric each.

Was that "event" actually an event?  The reward outfits were the same x-mas outfits you had to buy in the shop when the game actually released.    I figure that event was really just a "thanks for playing the beta, let's go out with a bang" thing.

And, fwiw, one of them, (IIRC the one that looks like a bikini/mini-skit combo on jin), actually gave 2 of each fabric.

27 minutes ago, Eska said:

Sorry mate, I don't feel like keeping this conversation alive anymore, it aint amusing me anymore.

Good luck with the MMO community and MMO experience, cause i still don't believe You have any longer history with it, or if You do You were probably the same on each board.

And this way You refered to popular people, famous people, well that was funny.

I don't think You will become one of them, but well, keep fighting, You are obviously a warrior.

Good luck again and please, ffs, enjoy that game instead of cricketing around like a little boy, because no matter how You type Your posts, they all sounds the same ;)

Much love to You buddy.

No *cricket* ))

ps.

Dont get me wrong - i fully appricetate the warning about the outfits tho.

Thanks, and best wishes to you.  Think we'd get along on stuff we agreed on.  But I've been playing MMOs since Meridian 59.  Raided in WoW and Aion.  And have played at least a bit of every MMO I can think of.  Very rarely have I been a forum goer though, cuz trolls.  But in this case, they can troll all they want.  Just gets me free bumps and keeps people notified about this system.  I've already saved a few people time/money, and cost NC money that way so I'm feeling validated.

I see a lot of hate on this post. But obviously that the ones who give the hate doesnt spent a single coin on the game. What they forget is that paying players are the ones who keep the game we all love running.

Ysaera, unfortunally you arent the first one who i see talking about this. Lawsuit seems too much and you will win nothing with it. But doing this you will warn people not to spent money in game and may speed up things.

I can understand your frustation, because you arent talking about losing ingame cash but real one. Not being able to spent cash on games i love, i need players like you to suport them, because of that you have my suport with this threat, hoping they will resolve your issue soon. 

Goodluck

51 minutes ago, GnatB said:

If you go to a car dealership, buy a car, drive down the street, apply the brakes and it blows up, you're still going to be able to sue the manufacturer even if there are 100's of reports online about that model car blowing up every time you apply the brakes.

Not going to lie, that escalated quickly during a nice drive and I laughed more than I should have.

12 minutes ago, HomemDoLeite said:

I see a lot of hate on this post. But obviously that the ones who give the hate doesnt spent a single coin on the game. What they forget is that paying players are the ones who keep the game we all love running.

Ysaera, unfortunally you arent the first one who i see talking about this. Lawsuit seems too much and you will win nothing with it. But doing this you will warn people not to spent money in game and may speed up things.

I can understand your frustation, because you arent talking about losing ingame cash but real one. Not being able to spent cash on games i love, i need players like you to suport them, because of that you have my suport with this threat, hoping they will resolve your issue soon. 

Goodluck

Yeah, lawsuits were if enough people were motivated to make a difference.  Sadly they weren't, and that makes sense.  Those who have spent the money or time to learn this the hard way generally don't have the funds to get really serious, and those who have the funds have probably spent FAR more than the cost to learn this once and have pretty much decided to condone this system with their funds.  It's a sad system, but I'll keep this relevant as much as possible until NC actually DOES something about it.  Until then, we have to protect ourselves which is a pity.

Mekusa posted the following in a thread about the RNG boxes:

Everyone that's spending a ton on these boxes take a little time out and watch this video at about 2:50 in are some stories you should hear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtXyv0Q1Eg and maybe some of you that think no way anyone's spending this much money should hear them also.

I feel like this is of import, since we, even if we're using this system with fabric purchased with gold, are encouraging this if we continue to consider this $40 GAMBLE for an outfit.

Trully? Thats just overreacting.

More horible are alcohol addicts or ppl abusing drugs, or home violence or any other stuff around.

This stuff on this video shows how people are irresponsible at any means and its just a small drop of issue they did build on their own.

Its not like all the companies STEALING ur money. It's Your choice. People choose what to do with their money, with their lives.

ITS SAD THAT WE NEED A LAW THAT IS FORBIDDING SUCH THINGS, people should know better, but instead that, we got a bunch of brainless communities all over the world whom will abuse everything they can.

Did u know that drinking too much carrot juice can kill You?

You know what our world need?

People who can think for themself. This right is being taken from them year by year and education systems raises an army of people easy to control.

Issue is in the point where we try to think FOR other people instead of letting them learn the hard way if they are too stubborn to learn on someone else misstakes.

I hate when there are people who try to defend them and their illnes in any means, thats against nature.

I really hope someone sent your the thread(s) from reddit with an NCSoft staff member talking about the Success pop-up being a BUG. Also, once you have the NCoin you no longer have rights, you bought NCoin what you do with it and what you get is completely between YOU and NCSoft and is no longer a guarantee since there's no money (REAL) being handed over anymore just NCSoft's personal currency.

46 minutes ago, Eska said:

Trully? Thats just overreacting.

More horible are alcohol addicts or ppl abusing drugs, or home violence or any other stuff around.

This stuff on this video shows how people are irresponsible at any means and its just a small drop of issue they did build on their own.

Its not like all the companies STEALING ur money. It's Your choice. People choose what to do with their money, with their lives.

ITS SAD THAT WE NEED A LAW THAT IS FORBIDDING SUCH THINGS, people should know better, but instead that, we got a bunch of brainless communities all over the world whom will abuse everything they can.

Did u know that drinking too much carrot juice can kill You?

You know what our world need?

People who can think for themself. This right is being taken from them year by year and education systems raises an army of people easy to control.

Issue is in the point where we try to think FOR other people instead of letting them learn the hard way if they are too stubborn to learn on someone else misstakes.

I hate when there are people who try to defend them and their illnes in any means, thats against nature.

Please speak to me either after you've majored in psychiatry OR (God forbid) you've had a loved one that clearly lost self control to gambling.  There are biological and psychological addictions.  As for comparing alcohol or drug addictions to gambling addictions, which is worse.  Truth is, there are 2 sides to all addictions, both biological AND pschological.  Chemically dependent people ended up there for a reason, AND gambling produces highs and lows similar to other addictions you consider more "acceptable" and stimulates the same release of dopamines.  Don't believe me?  Feel free to read an article from Scientific American:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-brain-gets-addicted-to-gambling/

Also, if you yourself or a friend might need it:

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

18 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I really hope someone sent your the thread(s) from reddit with an NCSoft staff member talking about the Success pop-up being a BUG. Also, once you have the NCoin you no longer have rights, you bought NCoin what you do with it and what you get is completely between YOU and NCSoft and is no longer a guarantee since there's no money (REAL) being handed over anymore just NCSoft's personal currency.

Did you miss the part of this conversation where I stated I used gold, but that this system is an abusive bait and switch?  Bug or not, they're perpetuating a system that tells users that they have a chance to get an item and that if it fails, they lose the secondary items and the cost to attempt.  The COSTUMES, without any notice actually consume the primary items.  So people are gambling under the impression that the most they will lose from a basic 4 fabric attempt is 5 soulstones and 1 gold.  Not that they're actually risking their primary items.  There are already people that have posted in here stating that they spent money, assured by the transmutation system, to craft a costume pouch and were told by NC "Sorry, yeah, we made a mistake on how it's worded.  It should actually tell you that you can lose those.  Good luck next $40!"  The issue isn't NCoin at this point, it's a bait and switch practice on a known issue since beta.

I guess you glossed over the fact that their are countless threads/reddit posts, the success part is a bug the rest I really don't recall from the staff posts but they've said a lot on this topic. Enough so that people shouldn't be making more threads on it when they've already taken notice and explained they were looking into it so idk what staff member said it was a "Sorry not sorry" situation but I believe it's Hime who is talking about it on Reddit.

This happened to my bro too, he lost $40 worth of his founder pack Ncoin buying outfits to get fabric with so he could get an outfit pouch.

The way the system works is such a scam. It doesn't show you in game that there is a chance to get a fabric instead of an outfit pouch therefor losing your material and the money it cost to produce it and THAT is the issue, That's the scam part because they were aware of how this

money sink works and left it there.

At the very least they should add a tool tip that explains you will likely lose $40 if you try this. But who are we kidding? These guys are top-notch scam artists and will most likely leave this system untouched and continue to abuse it to steal money from their customers. 

2 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I guess you glossed over the fact that their are countless threads/reddit posts, the success part is a bug the rest I really don't recall from the staff posts but they've said a lot on this topic. Enough so that people shouldn't be making more threads on it when they've already taken notice and explained they were looking into it so idk what staff member said it was a "Sorry not sorry" situation but I believe it's Hime who is talking about it on Reddit.

Actually, the success part isn't a bug.  The crafting can still actually FAIL, leaving the player with the fabric.  The UI is flawed, not stating that a possible outcome is crafting a fabric instead of the box, and that to craft the box it needs to craft critically.  I found this out by reading up on the problem afterwards, THINKING it must be a bug that gave me the wrong item.  Sadly, this isn't a bug, it's NC allowing a system to remain in place that leads the player to believe incorrectly that they're only risking their secondary mats.  And there are a few (not countless, unless you can't count past single digits) other threats where people have shared their experience.  But this post is to call NC out and educate other players, which I can happily say it has.  This isn't a QQ, it's a call out and "buyer beware" situation.  Also, all the auto macros are "sorry not sorry."  They're admitting that it's "confusing" and that they're "working around the clock" to fix it.  However, it's not confusing, it's misleading.

2 minutes ago, Catroot said:

This happened to my bro too, he lost $40 worth of his founder pack Ncoin buying outfits to get fabric with so he could get an outfit pouch.

The way the system works is such a scam. It doesn't show you in game that there is a chance to get a fabric instead of an outfit pouch therefor losing your material and the money it cost to produce it and THAT is the issue, That's the scam part because they were aware of how this

money sink works and left it there.

At the very least they should add a tool tip that explains you will likely lose $40 if you try this. But who are we kidding? These guys are top-notch scam artists and will most likely leave this system untouched and continue to abuse it to steal money from there customers. 

That's my gripe.  A tool tip or a notice on the loading splash, or SOMETHING.  Not everybody is risking their $40 to try, I'm sure many are buying with in game gold (I did, that's part of the joy of f2p is chosing which parts I feel are worth my time and which are worth my dollar) BUT every fabric represents ~$10 that SOMEBODY paid.

Well, it at least seems that the issue is being investigated.  No reimbursements can be made until a decision has been made.  I have to figure this effects everybody with this issue, and will be asking how long we can expect an investigation to take, since they have a 7 day window on things mattering and I'm on day 2 now.

22 hours ago, Ysaera said:

So glad you didn't try offering this advice to equal rights advocates in the "murky and often ill defined field" of racial segregation.  People have to voice their opinions in unison.  Even if people don't get refunded their money, it would be great to see some cases solidify internet law.  I've said it a few times, but this is digital bait and switch, which is heavily illegal in its real world counterpart.

Why did the debate continue after this BnS outfits/racial segregation comparison? It was even hard to read the following posts for me, too much tears of laughter in the eyes... 

4 hours ago, Unite said:

It's not a bug, it's been like this since the game was released(As in since the 1st Korean version). I'm just saying.

Fully agree it's not a bug.  It's a UI/tooltip issue, and I've talked this through with their CS as well as with the community on here.  I originally thought it was a bug since it seemed like it crafted the wrong thing due to the UI/tooltip being incorrect.

Because that was a slight tangent with one user who didn't even get where that was going.  But yeah, I've been laughing a few times despite the seriousness of this topic.  Glad you found some humor in it, too :)

4 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

Fully agree it's not a bug.  It's a UI/tooltip issue, and I've talked this through with their CS as well as with the community on here.  I originally thought it was a bug since it seemed like it crafted the wrong thing due to the UI/tooltip being incorrect.

A UI/Tooltip issue is still a bug.  Just one that is fixed by a different person on the team.

My only issue about this whole thing is that... As far as outfit transmutation goes, when the only way to even acquire the materials to craft involve real money (Be it your own, or whomever purchased the outfit and salvaged it to sell on the market, real money HAD to be spent at one point or another) and only real money... There should be no possible way to "Fail". If it was true that the Infernal Lord outfit and the Blackram outfit were still salvageable. Then I'd be fine with it, but I refuse to feel like it is okay that you are able to fail something that in the end, costs a total of at the bare minimum, 3200 Ncoin (Cheapest cash outfit) to acquire. 

To me, that does feel rather shady, I'd personally hate to find out that say... You go to a store, buy an item, only to find out that your item you just spent what, 40 dollars is basically 3200 Ncoin, just had the 'chance' to be something nice. Also, to the post saying that it talked about the failure chance, I like to do my research as much as the next guy, but when your only source of information came from a 2013 chinese post... I'll go ahead and say that is NOT at all good enough in terms of informing the player base. Most people aren't going to attempt to dredge up a few years old post, from a foreign variant of the game, to find the answers they seek.

Archived