NCSoft keeping PAYING customers IGNORANT

Ysaera

@Ysaera

Sorry but i have a feeling that You would push the turtle with the stick all the way to the New York just for a couple bucks.

Do what You feel is right, whatever floats Your boat man, I just want to make a valid point FYI: You making kinda fool of urself, first time in mmo?

You wont change anything by these post, well, You will if they are here just to steam off Your rage a bit :)

Want my advice?

Just move along, stay in the game nor quit it, neither way it will save You a ton of nerves ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that. I wanted to transmute the outfit pouch too, bought an outfit and got 1 fabric each, after that i stopped myself after I looked up on all this. sorry you guys feels ripped off, and yeah they probably should have changed the notification. but at least you didn't spend 6k on  rng boxes and still didn't get the "outfit" XD. 100$ is alot for spending, though if you look at the big time spenders, paying 600$-10k (on other games/cases) and not getting what they want. now THAT really suck.

5 minutes ago, Eska said:

@Ysaera

Sorry but i have a feeling that You would push the turtle with the stick all the way to the New York just for a couple bucks.

Do what You feel is right, whatever floats Your boat man, I just want to make a valid point FYI: You making kinda fool of urself, first time in mmo?

You wont change anything by these post, well, You will if they are here just to steam off Your rage a bit :)

Want my advice?

Just move along, stay in the game nor quit it, neither way it will save You a ton of nerves ;)

Actually, look at my focus. Just make the game fair and clear about what people are risking.  I've played most MMOs, done heavy raiding in a few, and honestly feel hurt because I thought BnS looked like they were doing an honest launch, but then I find this cash grab.  I feel like most every F2P MMO we've gotten in the US is just exploitive at the start.  And I don't mind if fools think I look like a fool.  This post is at LEAST for the education of people regarding the situation since NC is making no effort on their part.

I'm just kind of confused at how the developers could be "working around the clock" to edit a line of text into the tooltip saying it could fail. Just *cricket*ing do it then and solve the problem. 

Despite the memelords elelel'ing it IS a pretty big deal that it doesn't tell people that it can fail, and they spend good chunks of cash TRASHING $10+ outfits and getting nothing in return when the game specifically told them it WOULD SUCCEED. You can't just say "oops, it doesn't say it can fail, we're literally working around the clock to fix this!" when it's been weeks and you haven't. That's pure negligence. Dunno if it's lawsuit material, but definitely not acceptable.

8 minutes ago, dumplin said:

sorry to hear that. I wanted to transmute the outfit pouch too, bought an outfit and got 1 fabric each, after that i stopped myself after I looked up on all this. sorry you guys feels ripped off, and yeah they probably should have changed the notification. but at least you didn't spend 6k on  rng boxes and still didn't get the "outfit" XD. 100$ is alot for spending, though if you look at the big time spenders, paying 600$-10k (on other games/cases) and not getting what they want. now THAT really suck.

Until they change the notification, they're purposefully misleading their player base.  And this has been an issue since beta.  That's sickening.  Also, they're milking the RNG boxes also despite the community not wanting them.  But.  Those heavy spenders are spending, so we f2p or practical spender plebs will get the shaft.

2 minutes ago, Redmonster said:

I'm just kind of confused at how the developers could be "working around the clock" to edit a line of text into the tooltip saying it could fail. Just *cricket*ing do it then and solve the problem. 

Despite the memelords elelel'ing it IS a pretty big deal that it doesn't tell people that it can fail and they spent good chunks of cash trashing $10+ outfits and getting nothing in return, when the game specifically told them it WOULD SUCCEED. You can't just say "oops, it doesn't say it can fail, we're literally working around the clock to fix this!" when it's been weeks and you haven't. That's pure negligence. Dunno if it's lawsuit material, but definitely not acceptable.

Months, apparently.  Looking into this I found out it's been an issue since beta.  How's that for around the clock?

Because lozalization bugs have lowest priority. They will do the pachfix for it probably as soon as time will come for it.

I was working with mmo hosting myself (official, not the private one and i know how its done).

Like i said, its LOCALIZATION issue, noone will rush to fix it, even if You will call it (UNFAIRLY, YOU ARE OVERREACTING WAY TO MUCH) as a money grab action ;) I think You are not fully aware of the income of such corporation like NCSOFT if You think they are doing something like that to get more bucks in the pocket and following my before post, You making kind of a fool of Yourself (sorry to say that, dont mean to offend You) ;)

1 minute ago, Eska said:

Because lozalization bugs have lowest priority. They will do the pachfix for it probably as soon as time will come for it.

I was working with mmo hosting myself (official, not the private one and i know how its done).

Like i said, its LOCALIZATION issue, noone will rush to fix it, even if You will call it (UNFAIRLY, YOU ARE OVERREACTING WAY TO MUCH) as a money grab action ;)

I think Redmonster said it best.  You can't just have the game tell you it'll do something, then you pay money to have it do something, and then when it doesn't happen say "Oh whoops, that should have said it COULD fail."  This is now past a localization issue and into mislabeled marketing.  It may have originated as just a localization, but the scope of effect is in people's wallets.  And they've let this go on since beta.  Far too profitable to consider this coincidental.

2 minutes ago, Eska said:

Like i said, its LOCALIZATION issue, noone will rush to fix it, even if You will call it (UNFAIRLY, YOU ARE OVERREACTING WAY TO MUCH) as a money grab action ;) I think You are not fully aware of the income of such corporation like NCSOFT if You think they are doing something like that to get more bucks in the pocket ;)

Don't bother. This guy is already all armed up for the "revolution against tyranny". As you can see, he's petitioning the community for a "lawsuit" lol.

8 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

I would give my opinion and experience with outfit transmutation,

but it wouldn't be listened to by the OP, as it wouldn't fall into OP's point of view.

Even if you succeeded 5/5 times, the system is still exploitive.  My point of view is that it's an RNG system.  So...feel free to share your opinion, but it doesn't change the facts as they currently are :)

@Ysaera

Why You can't ready others ppl posts and wont take even a slight part of them to Your notification.

You are stubborn and the best part of it, THAT WONT lead You anywhere.

Do You agree with me? Would be nice to have a real answer on that question

46 minutes ago, Eska said:

@Ysaera

Why You can't ready others ppl posts and wont take even a slight part of them to Your notification.

You are stubborn and the best part of it, THAT WONT lead You anywhere.

Do You agree with me? Would be nice to have a real answer on that question

I'll agree that I'm stubborn.  Look at most famous people in history.  They're not famous for being push-overs, they're famous for sticking to things even when it's tough.  So the logic that it won't lead me anywhere is quite wrong.  Remember, if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.  I've read every post in here.  I even get that localization issues are low priority.  I just don't agree that this is solely a localization issue.

1 minute ago, Ysaera said:

I can't scrap the one I got from the daily dash.  That's the only even thus far.  So they're 0 for 1 for scrapping from events.

Correction, the daily dash is not an event in this case.

Our first event was in the final CBT, the xmas event.

In this event, all prize outfits could be scrapped for 1 fabric and 1 high quality fabric each.

4 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Correction, the daily dash is not an event in this case.

Our first event was in the final CBT, the xmas event.

In this event, all prize outfits could be scrapped for 1 fabric and 1 high quality fabric each.

So I guess we'll see if that continues over to live release and how often they do an event.  Thanks for the heads up and glimmer of hope on that.  Honestly.  But I've figured out my path of action, and until I feel they actually care, I'm just going to enjoy the F2P elements of this myself and until it's resolved or they make it clear to the player base, I'll do my best to communicate this oversight to our fellow players.  If people WANT to gamble $100, that's up to them.  But they really do deserve to be notified when they're gambling it.

6 minutes ago, Eska said:

Good for You, You noticed them over GOOD few times already, i think they are noticed ;)

Sorry if I don't answer all questions.  Some I think are rhetoric, and if they're just asked to start an argument I glance over them.  And if I think I answered them already I don't tend to repeat myself since I feel like my answer was already ignored and would be again.  But I didn't mean to ignore them.  No sarcasm, I think that's what you mean by noticed them over?  I speak a few languages myself.  What's your primary language?

10 hours ago, Nickilli said:

ROFL Get a Lawyer and sue game company over pixels..... A lawyer would die laughing then his family would sue you.

You apparently do not keep up with the new laws. There are various tax on "pixel" or digital purchase of any kind which include products from games.

So yes, a "pixel" as you said are a valid product under the law since the government can tax them, therefore people can sue for loss or any false advertisement on such goods.

3 minutes ago, Eska said:

You avoid uncomfortable sentences and questions, You answer to what suits You the most.

Thats why my posts are like this. Good luck with the Lawsuit.

Doesn't look like the other players are interested in anything legal, so I've adjusted my focus.  Just keep the players aware of the issue so that they don't waste money unknowingly and keep this topic hot so NC sees that people are talking about it.  If you're concerned that I'm avoiding anything, please pose an example and I'll not avoid it.  No promises that you'll like my response, though.

9 hours ago, Ysaera said:

Actually, they did.  Their UI tells us that if we add 4 fabric, 5 soulstones, and pay 1g we have a chance to craft a costume box.  We know from the gems that if it fails, we will lose the soulstones and our 1g.  Nowhere is it told to us in game that there's a chance for it to succeed and craft anything other than the box in the middle.

Actually, I'll go one better.  I never says there's a chance to craft a costume box.  It says that's what it makes.  It does, however, say there's a chance for a critical success that can be increased with some item.

Personally, I don't know whether or not the UI mentions a chance for failure when transmuting any of the other items, I've never attempted them.  The only thing I've ever attempted to transmute was an outfit pouch.  Now, granted.  I did it back in Beta, so didn't really care that it failed.  But I did post it as a bug in the forums.  Failure with no warning of failure or it's consequences in the UI is sketchy.  Regardless of how many external sources warn of it, failure with no warning of failure when you're using things that cost real money to obtain is almost certainly lawsuit worthy.

If you go to a car dealership, buy a car, drive down the street, apply the brakes and it blows up, you're still going to be able to sue the manufacturer even if there are 100's of reports online about that model car blowing up every time you apply the brakes.

Archived