NCSoft keeping PAYING customers IGNORANT

Ysaera

Holy shit. Thanks for the warning man.

@Demiosu
Yea I realized the same thing, when i put my arrow over the deva costume it shows I can get both red and yellow fabs from breaking it. However you cant break it and when you put your arrow over the actual item...this info doesn't show. I honestly think they should have waited another month or two to get their shit together before launching...or at least not hire devs straight out of a Bsc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

Main issue is suing them for abusive and illegal practices.  Not the money back.  For the fact that they wilfully mislead and made no efforts to repair the issue.  Same example I made earlier.  If the TOS says you're buying digital goods and can't be refunded, and you pay for COD, download it and find out it's Hello Kitty you'd expect the company to fix their issue. Not say "Oh, our bad.  But we're keeping your money, feel free to try and buy it again after we fix this issue eventually."

Another bad analogy you got what you paid for you failed to understand how transmuting works there is a chance for failure.

I will end with this thought and let you go on about your lawsuit.

Luke The ignorance is strong in this one......

5 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

tumblr_m8fgyg0Oji1qkq61c.gif

Thanks for the bump :) And yeah, the'yre laughing JUST like that at how easily they're stealing people's money with this "confusion" that's actually just keeping people in ignorance.  Let's keep this thread #1 and maybe they'll actually have to reply!

Just now, Nickilli said:

Another bad analogy you got what you paid for you failed to understand how transmuting works there is a chance for failure.

I will end with this thought and let you go on about your lawsuit.

Luke The ignorance is strong in this one......

Ignorance is EXACTLY my point! Thanks! And of COURSE there's a chance for failure.  But NC states NOWHERE in their game that this particular transmutation CONSUMES the primary materials (the fabric) and in no OTHER transmutation does it.  That's them keeping us ignorant to the risk.

5 minutes ago, Katush said:

Holy shit. Thanks for the warning man.

@Demiosu
Yea I realized the same thing, when i put my arrow over the deva costume it shows I can get both red and yellow fabs from breaking it. However you cant break it and when you put your arrow over the actual item...this info doesn't show. I honestly think they should have waited another month or two to get their shit together before launching...or at least not hire devs straight out of a Bsc.

No problem, man.  And I feel like the words I used to explain it could have at least been put in their splash screen.  "Important notice regarding outfit transmutation!" But nah, they added a gatchapon cash grab instead.

2 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

They had nothing to do with keeping you Ignorant.

Actually, they did.  Their UI tells us that if we add 4 fabric, 5 soulstones, and pay 1g we have a chance to craft a costume box.  We know from the gems that if it fails, we will lose the soulstones and our 1g.  Nowhere is it told to us in game that there's a chance for it to succeed and craft anything other than the box in the middle.

1 hour ago, Ysaera said:

I only used gold and bought them off the AH.  But when I found out the issue and what it meant was HAPPENING?  Yeah, I'm not paying a company to rob people.  So I'm going to be putting a stop payment on my premium if they honestly don't care that they're doing this.  And I shouldn't have to do a google search on everything in a game.  That'd be like if I had to google every quest to see if it would take my items.  This is at best a glitch, and needs to be resolved.  Items need to be restored.  And they could at LEAST have a popup explaining their ACKNOWLEDGED error.  But nah, they added a gatchapon instead lol

Hope you don't have a Wildstar account or any other NCSoft account. You stop pay/chargeback and your account will be perma banned. And that's the entire account not just this game.

3 hours ago, Drint said:

Hope you don't have a Wildstar account or any other NCSoft account. You stop pay/chargeback and your account will be perma banned. And that's the entire account not just this game.

Yeah, on the off chance this company turns themselves around maybe it's not worth the $10 even on principle.  But I'm still contacting the BBB and I'm already talking with a few people through email about what we as a community can/should do.  Problem is that even if we all petition this issue, NC has already made it clear they could care less about our opinions.  They KNEW the community didn't want gatchapons, but still added one.  And they're laughing all the way to the bank.

3 hours ago, Drint said:

To be fair, in my experience (not having done it myself, but seeing other people do it), that seems to be the case for most games, not just NCSoft. There's some reason for it. I can't really remember. I think fraud was a reasoning. Actually yeah! It's like you payed for a product, and then tried to take your money back while keeping said product. Though it's an analogy that works best on the internet, since in the mmo world, we're talking about a digital product. It's sort of how you cash a check at the bank, withdraw all the money, and then the check bounces.

I don't take lawsuits or anything with the law lightly. But whenever I see someone announcing legal action on the internet, I always have a giggle. It just comes off as a temper tantrum by someone who's jimmies were rustled. If you're serious about this, do it yourself, since you're the one who feels slighted. No need to announce it to the world. Everyone around here likes to act like they're some charismatic leader who's leading the charge on a flawed revolution. Handle your matter with NCSoft, and if nothing's fixed, quit. Quit being a needy drama queen.

3 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

To be fair, in my experience (not having done it myself, but seeing other people do it), that seems to be the case for most games, not just NCSoft. There's some reason for it. I can't really remember. I think fraud was a reasoning.

I don't take lawsuits or anything with the law lightly. But whenever I see someone announcing legal action on the internet, I always have a giggle. It just comes off as a temper tantrum by someone who's jimmies were rustled. If you're serious about this, do it yourself, since you're the one who feels slighted. Everyone around here likes to act like they're some charismatic leader who's leading the charge on a flawed revolution. Handle your matter with NCSoft, and if nothing's fixed, quit. Quit being a needy drama queen.

I don't feel that notifying the community of something that NC failed to notify them of, as well as connecting with others who feel this is wrong is an act of drama.  And as I previously stated, my interest in legal action isn't to QQ that I lost some in game items.  I'm connecting with the people who have spent hundreds to find out the hard way that this system is not just misleading, but an outright lie.  The transmute system for rwm is in direct opposition to all in game transmutes, consuming nearly all materials on a fail, which is not stated anywhere in game and has been ACKNOWLEDGED by NC as being incorrect.  They simply choose to use the word "confusing" when the case is that it's actually just misleading.  It's digital bait and switch.

7 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

I didn't bother with transmuting since I saw the thread about this in the beta forums.  But this definitely has the makings of a class action lawsuit.

And I saw that they didnt fix it after the launch here:

Wow.  They've known since BETA that people would be led to believe the transmute for outfits would work the same way as other transmute items?  And they've done nothing at all, either in tool tips of splash loading?  That's serious negligence.  Thanks for the heads up.

6 hours ago, Ysaera said:

So apparently there's a KNOWN issue NC is letting continue:

Transmuting Outfit Pouches do NOT fail the same way as ALL other ingame transmutations. 

FAILING THE TRANSMUTE CONSUMES ALL MATERIALS, BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY, TELLING THE PLAYER THE TRANSMUTE WAS A SUCCESS, AND REWARDING THEM WITH 1 FABRIC

Upon contacting them, they appologize for the "confusion" and absolve themselves of any responsiblity for lost time, items, or money.  This isn't acceptable, and to anybody wishing to petition this, here was my response:

"This is unacceptable, and I'll be contacting my bank as well as the BBB.  This system is in direct opposition to all other transmutations and is not clarified anywhere.  This is robbery, and no notice of the chance to fail is given.  You've made no effort to rectify this situation and this was NOT a confusion.  This was your company willfully keeping customers IGNORANT.  Not confused.  The least you can do is restore the items I LOST through YOUR negligence."

To anybody else who has had this issue left unresolved, please contact me. Hitoritaka@gmail.com and we can see about possibly going together to hire a lawyer for a class-action lawsuit.  We're in the right here, guys.

americans

this is why other countries get mad at us

6 minutes ago, SummerSlaughter said:

americans

this is why other countries get mad at us

For expecting companies to provide clearly what's going on when people pay money?  Or for us expecting them to rectify mistakes that they make?  It can't possibly be that we organize ourselve and don't appreciate being taken advantage of because I feel like nobody likes being taken advantage of.

2 minutes ago, SummerSlaughter said:

hurdurr BBB hurdurr class action lawsuit

no lawyer is going to defend this

get over it, submit a suggestion or something if you want it changed. yes, it sucks, but howling about it isnt going to get you very far in the murky and often ill defined field of internet law.

So glad you didn't try offering this advice to equal rights advocates in the "murky and often ill defined field" of racial segregation.  People have to voice their opinions in unison.  Even if people don't get refunded their money, it would be great to see some cases solidify internet law.  I've said it a few times, but this is digital bait and switch, which is heavily illegal in its real world counterpart.

2 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

So glad you didn't try offering this advice to equal rights advocates in the "murky and often ill defined field" of racial segregation.  People have to voice their opinions in unison.  Even if people don't get refunded their money, it would be great to see some cases solidify internet law.  I've said it a few times, but this is digital bait and switch, which is heavily illegal in its real world counterpart.

Oh god lol.

5 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

KsEr28R.jpg

This happened to me 4 days after launch i will copy and paste what was said to me, 

Okamii January 24, 2016 12:49

Hi, i destroyed a few costumes (at like 10+ dollars or more) and got a few fabrics and HQ fabrics to make a high quality fabric POUCH, so i hovered over the transmuted item and saw that when you make that pouch you have a chance to get any of those outfits.

HOWEVER i didn't recive any of those outfits instead i got 1 high quality fabric NOT the pouch at all. this was on my Yun, character Eccentric. I purchased some fabrics on Dolly and destryoed a costume on my lyn character Plush and a outfit on Eccentric. and one on my lyn Dolly. So please keep in mind that no where does it state there "that it is a chance only" to get the box (for a costume) So, if you could return the fabrics it took to make the outfit that would be appreciated. Other then that, i fail to see where it states that it is chance only to make a box.

Chan January 28, 2016 19:20
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support team.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that your Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Chan
    NCSOFT Support Team

Okamii January 28, 2016 20:39

Okay, well thank you. Hopefully that does get fixed... Not impressed however cause it takes almost 100 dollars to craft one of those costumes... :/ Either way, i suppose that is fine. Thanks for your time.

GM Yuri January 29, 2016 06:18
    Hi there,

Thank you for your update.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience as we can only ask for your understanding.

Also, we advise that you keep an eye on our Official Forums for any news, updates, or announcements regarding this matter.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Exactly, Kitzu.  It would be awesome if it clearly stated the issue in the UI.  If not, and it just cost the gold for the mats from the AH, who cares if it IS permanent loss of mats?  Seems rude, but this happens from normal transmuting.  BUT. The fact that each of these lost fabrics represents $10 REAL dollars that this company took from SOMEBODY is disgusting with all this combined.

6 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

This happened to me 4 days after launch i will copy and paste what was said to me, 

Okamii January 24, 2016 12:49

Hi, i destroyed a few costumes (at like 10+ dollars or more) and got a few fabrics and HQ fabrics to make a high quality fabric POUCH, so i hovered over the transmuted item and saw that when you make that pouch you have a chance to get any of those outfits.

HOWEVER i didn't recive any of those outfits instead i got 1 high quality fabric NOT the pouch at all. this was on my Yun, character Eccentric. I purchased some fabrics on Dolly and destryoed a costume on my lyn character Plush and a outfit on Eccentric. and one on my lyn Dolly. So please keep in mind that no where does it state there "that it is a chance only" to get the box (for a costume) So, if you could return the fabrics it took to make the outfit that would be appreciated. Other then that, i fail to see where it states that it is chance only to make a box.

Chan January 28, 2016 19:20
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support team.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that your Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Chan
    NCSOFT Support Team

Okamii January 28, 2016 20:39

Okay, well thank you. Hopefully that does get fixed... Not impressed however cause it takes almost 100 dollars to craft one of those costumes... :/ Either way, i suppose that is fine. Thanks for your time.

GM Yuri January 29, 2016 06:18
    Hi there,

Thank you for your update.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience as we can only ask for your understanding.

Also, we advise that you keep an eye on our Official Forums for any news, updates, or announcements regarding this matter.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Also, it's not fine.  It's their fault that you took a gamble that risked you losing your investment without even KNOWING there was a possibility of that loss.

Its just lozalization bug, srsly, You lawsuiters are pain in the ass. Localization bugs have lowest priority over all other issues.

You wont get any suff out of it, just move alont and live with it.

Its not like game lies to You, its just bad message translation.

Geeeeeeeez, go cry more over few fabrics :D

ps.s: love the drama You are making out of it, its really amusing! Thanks :)

10 minutes ago, Eska said:

Its just lozalization bug, srsly, You lawsuiters are pain in the ass. Localization bugs have lowest priority over all other issues.

You wont get any suff out of it, just move alont and live with it.

Its not like game lies to You, its just bad message translation.

Geeeeeeeez, go cry more over few fabrics :D

ps.s: love the drama You are making out of it, its really amusing! Thanks :)

This isn't a localization bug, it's an outright lie.  Doesn't say anywhere that you lose mats crafting. And this is the only case of it in game.  Having to do with money. Womp womp.

Archived