NCSoft keeping PAYING customers IGNORANT

Ysaera

So apparently there's a KNOWN issue NC is letting continue:

Transmuting Outfit Pouches do NOT fail the same way as ALL other ingame transmutations. 

FAILING THE TRANSMUTE CONSUMES ALL MATERIALS, BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY, TELLING THE PLAYER THE TRANSMUTE WAS A SUCCESS, AND REWARDING THEM WITH 1 FABRIC

Upon contacting them, they appologize for the "confusion" and absolve themselves of any responsiblity for lost time, items, or money.  This isn't acceptable, and to anybody wishing to petition this, here was my response:

"This is unacceptable, and I'll be contacting my bank as well as the BBB.  This system is in direct opposition to all other transmutations and is not clarified anywhere.  This is robbery, and no notice of the chance to fail is given.  You've made no effort to rectify this situation and this was NOT a confusion.  This was your company willfully keeping customers IGNORANT.  Not confused.  The least you can do is restore the items I LOST through YOUR negligence."

To anybody else who has had this issue left unresolved, please contact NC.  This is at LEAST being noticed now.  Please read how NC is responding to me below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NC's first response to me was

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our Development Team is currently investigating the issue. However, we will be unable to personally email you about the investigation but any updates will be announced on our website and forums: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/

We can only hope for your patience and understanding.

If you have any other details that may help with the investigation or if you have any other concern, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Their second, and I have to figure this was just a quick button response done incorrectly

Macro: Known Issue
Action Taken: will send macro

Probably finally, 2 minutes later:

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our Development Team is currently investigating the issue. However, we will be unable to personally email you about the investigation but any updates will be announced on our website and forums: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/

We can only hope for your patience and understanding.

If you have any other details that may help with the investigation or if you have any other concern, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Contacted by a GM who seemed to not even know what my issue was:

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Blade and Soul so far has been less than stellar. We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If compensation will be deemed appropriate for this downtime, it will be applied equally to all affected accounts and not delivered by customer support to individual customers. At this point, we have no information about whether compensation is being considered.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We can only ask for your patience while we resolve this.

The GM clarified the issue

Thank you for the update. However, rest assured that this is being worked on. The Game Support will be unable to do reimbursements since this issue is still being investigated.

We apologize for the confusion in our previous response. If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO. Finding out that this has been an issue since Beta, I can't imagine they really have any sort of team working on this unfortunately profitable mistake they made.  Seems all responses to this issue are just macros, and they expect me to check a box stating my issue has been resolved.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

To anybody else who has had this issue left unresolved, please contact me. Hitoritaka@gmail.com and we can see about possibly going together to hire a lawyer for a class-action lawsuit.  We're in the right here, guys.

I would love to know what happens

I'll keep things posted here as they proceed.  All I expected was for an issue to be resolved.  I got told that the company admitted to being in the wrong, but that they're not going to make any efforts to fix the result of their mistakes.  They're keeping a system in place that misleads people to gamble the real world equivalent of ~$40 on a game.  The ONLY way to get Fabric into the system is to pay ~$10.  So wether we buy it off the AH or break our outfits down ourselves, they have taken ~$40 of people's money by misleading them.  Had I known there was a chance to fail like this, I ABSOLUTELY would not have tried transmuting.

http://bns.mmosite.com/news/2013/blade_and_soul_china_item_conversion_system.shtml

This article is from 2013 talking about the outfit transmuting system, it mentions there that it isn't a 100% chance to succeed:

" Please be reminded that this Conversion Process does not bode 100% success.
In the event that the Conversion Process fails, you will get 1x Cloth instead. "

By simply typing in "bns outfit transmuting" on google I found a lot of pages that tell me that there isn't a 100% chance to succeed this transmute, which makes me believe that you could've known this too if you did a little research. If you ask me, that's the logical thing to do anyway when you break down costumes that cost you real money. Good luck with the lawsuit though.

59 minutes ago, Ysaera said:

So apparently there's a KNOWN issue NC is letting continue:

Transmuting Outfit Pouches do NOT fail the same way as ALL other ingame transmutations. 

FAILING THE TRANSMUTE CONSUMES ALL MATERIALS, BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY, TELLING THE PLAYER THE TRANSMUTE WAS A SUCCESS, AND REWARDING THEM WITH 1 FABRIC

Upon contacting them, they appologize for the "confusion" and absolve themselves of any responsiblity for lost time, items, or money.  This isn't acceptable, and to anybody wishing to petition this, here was my response:

"This is unacceptable, and I'll be contacting my bank as well as the BBB.  This system is in direct opposition to all other transmutations and is not clarified anywhere.  This is robbery, and no notice of the chance to fail is given.  You've made no effort to rectify this situation and this was NOT a confusion.  This was your company willfully keeping customers IGNORANT.  Not confused.  The least you can do is restore the items I LOST through YOUR negligence."

To anybody else who has had this issue left unresolved, please contact me. Hitoritaka@gmail.com and we can see about possibly going together to hire a lawyer for a class-action lawsuit.  We're in the right here, guys.

Hmmm, sue them over this issue?  How can I say this?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, that about sums it up.

4 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

ROFL Get a Lawyer and sue game company over pixels..... A lawyer would die laughing then his family would sue you.

Thanks for the bump :) And no, the pixels aren't the issue.  The business model is.  Same way that if you bought COD:BLOPS3 and when you went to play it, it was Mahjong and the company told you "Tough break, we'll try to print the right game when we get around to it."  ^_^

Just now, Ysaera said:

Thanks for the bump :) And no, the pixels aren't the issue.  The business model is.  Same way that if you bought COD:BLOPS3 and when you went to play it, it was Mahjong and the company told you "Tough break, we'll try to print the right game when we get around to it."  ^_^

Not even close you got the game you paid for....

Oh wait it is free....

You purchased an item that is not integral to the game failed to do due diligence to know how the process works and lost an item when it is known that transmuting is not 100% guaranteed to work the way You want it to.

So no a lawyer would laugh you out of his office.

1 minute ago, Demiosu said:

http://bns.mmosite.com/news/2013/blade_and_soul_china_item_conversion_system.shtml

This article is from 2013 talking about the outfit transmuting system, it mentions there that it isn't a 100% chance to succeed:

" Please be reminded that this Conversion Process does not bode 100% success.
In the event that the Conversion Process fails, you will get 1x Cloth instead. "

By simply typing in "bns outfit transmuting" on google I found a lot of pages that tell me that there isn't a 100% chance to succeed this transmute, which makes me believe that you could've known this too if you did a little research. If you ask me, that's the logical thing to do anyway when you break down costumes that cost you real money. Good luck with the lawsuit though.

I only used gold and bought them off the AH.  But when I found out the issue and what it meant was HAPPENING?  Yeah, I'm not paying a company to rob people.  So I'm going to be putting a stop payment on my premium if they honestly don't care that they're doing this.  And I shouldn't have to do a google search on everything in a game.  That'd be like if I had to google every quest to see if it would take my items.  This is at best a glitch, and needs to be resolved.  Items need to be restored.  And they could at LEAST have a popup explaining their ACKNOWLEDGED error.  But nah, they added a gatchapon instead lol

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

Not even close you got the game you paid for....

Oh wait it is free....

You purchased an item that is not integral to the game failed to do due diligence to know how the process works and lost an item when it is known that transmuting is not 100% guaranteed to work the way You want it to.

So no a lawyer would laugh you out of his office.

How is it known that it consumes the primary materials?  It isn't.  In fact, the game leads you to believe they aren't.  Also, I purchased the fabric off the AH.  And I know a lawyer.  I'll be talking to him tomorrow at church. So. I'll let you know how that goes.  Especially since the company has already admitted fault.

7 minutes ago, AlterNatiVe said:

well same happened to me it didnt fail tried to find a damn pouch in a bag and got dumbstruck rofl

Yeah, the game doesn't make it clear at all that this is actually the "failure."  That's part of the issue.  Skirts around the systems that you're shown with gems and elements.  Consumes the items to craft, but rather than craft the item you're shown it crafts less materials than you start with.  It's the digital equivalent of bait and switch, which is illegal in multiple states.  I'm prior sales myself.

Another thing I want to add is that you can salvage certain ingame found outfits which makes it that you don't have to spend real money on this. Burning Flames, Old Stratus Empire Armor, Stinger and Wolfskin can all be salvaged to fabrics. 

and you did read the ToS right.......

1. (E) NO CASH VALUE - IN ADDITION TO YOUR ABOVE ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT NCOIN AND HONGMOON COIN ARE DIGITAL MATERIALS WITH NO CASH VALUE, YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND FURTHER AGREE THAT THERE IS NO CASH VALUE TO ANY ITEM OR OPPORTUNITIES RELATED TO ANY ITEM, THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO OBTAIN ANY RECOMPENSE FOR THE FOREGOING, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO OBTAIN ANY RECOMPENSE FOR THE FOREGOING.

First thing any good lawyer will ask and check.

2 minutes ago, Demiosu said:

Another thing I want to add is that you can salvage certain ingame found outfits which makes it that you don't have to spend real money on this. Burning Flames, Old Stratus Empire Armor, Stinger and Wolfskin can all be salvaged to fabrics. 

Not in the US/Global version.  I wouldn't have an issue if there were in game risks.  Currently, nothing but shop outfits can be salvaged.  I've tested.  And none of the other failures consume the primary materials when you fail.  None of them.  So this is a sucker punch that costs people real money to find out.

A lawyer will not laugh at you as you pay him. He will try to file a case if you pay him enough money, regardless the success chances. However, I doubt that companies like NCsoft deals the first time with legal issues. They will have a legal dept. which adjusted the ToS so you can't sue them, whatever they mess up. Even if they close their servers today and you have thousands of $ in assets (NCoins) lost in there, you're not going to get anything back.

1 minute ago, Demiosu said:

c71390d198516590ca04e426cdec38c4.png470467692ff0bcb02797bc5e7a3ff61c.png

That's what it shows when I hover over these outfits, this being on Starfall Crater EU.

Have you tried clicking the salvage tool to see if they're greyed out? Stinger said that here on Pahoran US, but never let me.  And now it doesn't even say that.

jpwnet.jpg

If that's the case you're better off reporting that as a bug, than to sue them. I haven't logged in to my main 2 characters yet that have these outfits so what you say might be true. I'm just saying that on the character I'm on it does show that they can be salvaged (in theory). 

16 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

and you did read the ToS right.......

1. (E) NO CASH VALUE - IN ADDITION TO YOUR ABOVE ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT NCOIN AND HONGMOON COIN ARE DIGITAL MATERIALS WITH NO CASH VALUE, YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND FURTHER AGREE THAT THERE IS NO CASH VALUE TO ANY ITEM OR OPPORTUNITIES RELATED TO ANY ITEM, THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO OBTAIN ANY RECOMPENSE FOR THE FOREGOING, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO OBTAIN ANY RECOMPENSE FOR THE FOREGOING.

First thing any good lawyer will ask and check.

Main issue is suing them for abusive and illegal practices.  Not the money back.  For the fact that they wilfully mislead and made no efforts to repair the issue.  Same example I made earlier.  If the TOS says you're buying digital goods and can't be refunded, and you pay for COD, download it and find out it's Hello Kitty you'd expect the company to fix their issue. Not say "Oh, our bad.  But we're keeping your money, feel free to try and buy it again after we fix this issue eventually."

This only show how shady dance on thin ice NCsoft doing . I will post you suport answer here....

Hello,

I've reviewed this situation and I've determined that the item was purchased over 7 days ago. Unfortunately, due to the length of time that has passed, we will be unable to assist with refunding the items in question. 

Regarding the premium membership, I've determined that due to the premium membership being used, we are unable to refund the NCoins. Once a premium membership is used, we cannot undo the effect that it applies.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

NCSOFT Support Team

They cant undo premium i can only laught about that , rip founders who want refund........

PS: biggest and what annoys me most is that guy saying  ive determined like he is some king of universe that pissed me off to the limit...

5 minutes ago, Demiosu said:

If that's the case you're better off reporting that as a bug, than to sue them. I haven't logged in to my main 2 characters yet that have these outfits so what you say might be true. I'm just saying that on the character I'm on it does show that they can be salvaged (in theory). 

That's exactly what I first did.  Reported it as a bug.  They admitted it was their fault, and that it's misleading, but that they're going to make no effort to fix the problem THEY caused. And again, this isn't even about my measly $10.  It's the THOUSANDS  or more they're taking from the community in general.

Archived