Game-Server Latency Issue Report Thread

Extent

1 hour ago, Silverwolvie said:

And if you check further in the thread I did. with tcproute there is only one node that is hidden and returns a time out.
That node 6 and that one is outside the network of my ISP.

I know, I was just answering your own question (the one I  quoted) about the different results you got :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

khynnea,

It failed because the 'solutions' they came with include the following (I had responded with appropriate explanations to them why their solution wouldn't work):

• Your Windows account may be corrupt, make another one see if the game runs better.
    • Same issue on multiple computers, using PSTools, PingPlotter, and Windows ping.
  • It's your ISP's fault, they are dropping your packets, talk to them.
    • Packet loss/ping spike happens on the level3 network 1 hop before NCSoft data center.
  • It's your ISP's DNS's fault, try using Google DNS.
    • At no point does a DNS come into play when pinging an IP address when you use the IP address. Also been using Google DNS for about a decade or more.
  • Reset your WinSock see if it helps.
    • Tried it, didn't work
  • Check if the game ports are open on my pc/firewall/router using canyouseeme (The ones that the SERVER uses: 80, 2106, 6600, 10241, 12100, 10900, 10100, and 11900).
    • They have no understanding on which side needs port forwarding/open ports when it comes to TCP connections (the server does). And canyouseeme will 'fail' a port if you don't have anything running that is hosting a service on that port.
    • Primary PC is the DMZ on my network.
  • Its caused by your antivirus/firewall interfering with the game.
    • Window's Firewall Turned off, same issue running windows with all startup items turned off, and results are from running pingplotter/command line ping not the game.
  • Its caused by Razer Synapse.
    • Not using the game to measure latency. And the game 'runs' fine on my pc if you ignore network/game server lag during daytime.
  • Your GPU driver needs to be updated.
    • At no point does a GPU driver have anything to do with pinging an IP address outside of the game.

And they ended up asking two of the same questions before they told me to try the forums to see if other players can help me with MY problem and that the 'devs' read the forum and that it is the best place to get this information to them.

Then eventually they said they have gone through all their suggestions and resources and to contact my local ISP or local professional for further assistance.

Note: they never admitted fault or that there is a server issue/router issue on their end/their ISP's end despite the proof I had/we have in this thread (I had provided a link to my post in this thread as well as telling them the issue is not localized to just me, see the thread).

It's your ISP's fault, they are dropping your packets, talk to them.

• Packet loss/ping spike happens on the level3 network 1 hop before NCSoft data center.

This basically is what NCSoft told me after I ran PingPlotter. Is it really my ISP?

Wow this explains quite some things. i live about 200km away from Frankfurt where the eu servers are supposed to be. Usually getting a ping between 10 and 30ms to Frankfurt servers

I get a constant ping of 230ms (!!!!!!!!) in arena. This is a joke. at best. i can play CS:GO and similar on american servers with a Sub 100 ping and the "EU" servers in this game give me 200++?

Also standing in Mushing it seems somewhat ok, jumping around between 40 and 60 but even there i get frequent lagspikes of 200+.  WTF IS THIS?

Seems like i wont renew my premium and rather give money to someone that actually fixes this shit...

I've never had any latency issue in any mmo I played in the last years. This morning I have like 3 seconds delay on every skill, and it's not the first time it happens. Unplayable. I will never spend a dime on this game if this issue won't get fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing this issue also, but when I made a ticket about it I ultimately got the same reply as others: "well, our servers are pefect so it must be your ISP with the problem. ticket closed."

-.-

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2016 at 2:28 PM, Susumu said:

khynnea,

It failed because the 'solutions' they came with include the following (I had responded with appropriate explanations to them why their solution wouldn't work):

• Your Windows account may be corrupt, make another one see if the game runs better.
    • Same issue on multiple computers, using PSTools, PingPlotter, and Windows ping.
  • It's your ISP's fault, they are dropping your packets, talk to them.
  • It's your ISP's DNS's fault, try using Google DNS.
    • At no point does a DNS come into play when pinging an IP address when you use the IP address. Also been using Google DNS for about a decade or more.
  • Reset your WinSock see if it helps.
    • Tried it, didn't work
  • Check if the game ports are open on my pc/firewall/router using canyouseeme (The ones that the SERVER uses: 80, 2106, 6600, 10241, 12100, 10900, 10100, and 11900).
    • They have no understanding on which side needs port forwarding/open ports when it comes to TCP connections (the server does). And canyouseeme will 'fail' a port if you don't have anything running that is hosting a service on that port.
    • Primary PC is the DMZ on my network.
  • Its caused by your antivirus/firewall interfering with the game.
    • Window's Firewall Turned off, same issue running windows with all startup items turned off, and results are from running pingplotter/command line ping not the game.
  • Its caused by Razer Synapse.
    • Not using the game to measure latency. And the game 'runs' fine on my pc if you ignore network/game server lag during daytime.
  • Your GPU driver needs to be updated.
    • At no point does a GPU driver have anything to do with pinging an IP address outside of the game.

And they ended up asking two of the same questions before they told me to try the forums to see if other players can help me with MY problem and that the 'devs' read the forum and that it is the best place to get this information to them.

Then eventually they said they have gone through all their suggestions and resources and to contact my local ISP or local professional for further assistance.

Note: they never admitted fault or that there is a server issue/router issue on their end/their ISP's end despite the proof I had/we have in this thread (I had provided a link to my post in this thread as well as telling them the issue is not localized to just me, see the thread).

Apologies, Susumu,

I did indeed open up a support ticket, and it went pretty much as you describe above. I went through troubleshooting various windows 8.1 things that could have been to blame, and none of them were (ipv6 stuff, power management, networking, dns, etc). I followed all support's requests/recommendations up to changing DNS but did not since I swapped out cable modems at the time and didn't want to do a dns change before I changed hardware, and I wasn't going to work with a friend who knows this stuff to decide what dns to use.

Things stabilized even before I got the hardware swap done, I have to wonder at this point based on how things have gone *this* week when NCSoft has had gameguard running and when it has not been running. I'd really like to know :P so I could map it against when I've been having trouble, and when I have not been having trouble.

The day NCSoft turned gameguard back on this week, I started disconnecting every hour and having furious lag spikes, lock ups in game, and basically the same issues I was having before.

Now, I don't know if Level3 and dhcp and gameguard have something to do with this, but I am certain that gameguard being in the picture does have something to do with the disconnects, in-game lock-ups and lagging to death (literally). Game is unreliable and unplayable with gameguard on.

Archived