Game-Server Latency Issue Report Thread

Extent

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I charged a KFM as a FM in arena to throw him off of the expected usual with a clear plan in mind. As a result of a lag, we both just ran by each other like idiots. He could not jump, I could not freeze. After that we both paused for a second as to reflect upon what the f just happened.

I recommend running a normal trace route to a known reliable IP to ensure that there are no issues on your own end as well.

A simple tracert in command prompt, or something more detailed like PingPlotter both work.

I have been keeping a close eye on my connection for a while now due to issues with packet loss in the past, so I know the problem is not on my end in this case.

Being able to prove it is not an ISP problem should hopefully speed things along.

Even thou im pretty sure the cross-server lag does not occur because of ISP routing but rather has something to do with cross-server configurations / servers themselves in support of getting this resolved heres my information.

ISP: DNA oy Finland

World server: 40-50ms

Cross-server: (dungeons, arena, port 10100) 150-350

Its literally unplayble as skills have inconsistent delays or wont get used at all at times. PvP is purely based on luck as the one with lower latency most likely wins the match. This is especially noticeable when my connection gets 200+ ms latency and the pvp opponent keeps jumping. The jumping makes it impossible for my gap closer skills to land a hit and instead my gap closer gets used and goes to cooldown period without actually doing anything since the hit wont just land. Meaning the jumping opponent is always dodging my gap closer skills and as a Destroyer it completely breaks the PvP since my 2 gap closers are pretty much the best offence I have (gap closer + stuns).

Same crap for me.  In open world 80-100ms ping, in arena and dungeon (even in arena lobby), it jumps to 300+ms.  God, not going to mention how my KFM plays during arena.  Was hoping this patch at least did something but nope.. same crap.

[edited]: Just curious, is anyone who has this lag problem that's NOT running Windows 10?  Wondering if its a Windows 10 specific issue since I don't have any non windows 10 machine to test it out.

Info:

Connection: Toronto, Ontario Canada

ISP: Roger$

For 2 days before patch , ping was -almost ok- . Now it's back to same crap... At some point it gets really frustrating... They should seriously start looking this up because sadly , even the worst EU publisher in the history of MMO gaming (and we all know who that is, *cough* Gamefail *cough*) can do BETTER than NCsoft.. Sorry NCsoft , had to tell you.

Yep, it got pretty bad after the patch. Before the patch never had a single issue. Yesterday, while Junghado was wiping the 7h floor with me (actually he was wiping all the floors 1 to 7 with me, shoving my Siren axe where the Sun don't shine) I was like "Damn... did I get so bad in one day?". I suddenly "forgot" how to ani-cancel in an instant. And none of my skills land in time. Must have been that vodka from the last night. And suddenly - revelation! Alt+tab, check 10100... 350-400ms... Oh, nevermind. Alt+F4, back to the vodka.

On 2/7/2016 at 2:33 AM, Extent said:

There has been plenty of discussion on the BnS Reddit regarding the high-ping issues that many players have been experiencing.

Babbletr0n mentioned that he wanted detailed information regarding the problem, however I have not seen any topics to answer the request.

I and everyone I have walked through the testing process have turned up the same results:

Latency to the game servers and game servers alone is extremely inconsistent and spikes very high, making combat clunky and combos unpredictable.

**This appears to be universally affecting users in multiple different countries. This issue is critical to competitive gameplay.**

"have walked through the testing process"

This test process?? 

7 hours ago, AttacKat said:

"have walked through the testing process"

This test process?? 

No, that is just disabling network prioritization software that might be causing issues.

Due to the huge number of reports without any such software, this cannot be the cause.

All you need to do to determine if you are having the latency issue is look at your resource monitor latency as I have detailed and then compare it to the time between a skill lighting up and its cooldown spin beginning.

This can only be done with 1-part skills for accuracy.

3 hours ago, Extent said:

All you need to do to determine if you are having the latency issue is look at your resource monitor latency as I have detailed and then compare it to the time between a skill lighting up and its cooldown spin beginning.

This can only be done with 1-part skills for accuracy.

You are assuming BnS is the only thing on your computer that uses the network and cpu while you are playing the game, while there are sh*tloads of background processes that may be causing the lag. There are plenty of examples of such cases in the thread I linked.

2 hours ago, Chemystry said:

I'm in the UK playing on starfall (EU) and since the update I've barely been able to play :( takes about 2-3 secs in open world for all skills and npc interactions. Never had any issues before this. It's really disappointing. 

What ISP are you on?

Archived