Discuss Poharan's Gender

Miffle

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ScarletAcacia said:

@Ebrietaz

I get your point, but that applies to when a person is not obvious and there are no description/record of his/her gender.

Not like in this case Poh is obviously mentioned as female.

p.s. Nier series are great, can't wait for the upcoming one!

The only thing I would see as it being "obvious" is if a male becomes a female but they still rock that 5 o' clock shadow or something.

Based on just looks, Poharan and Kaine are not obvious.

Kaine was mentioned officially as being a hermaphrodite. I haven't progressed very far in Blade & Soul so I can't say the same about Poharan.

Since others are stating that it is mentioned in game that Poharan is female, then they are female.

I am not here to argue that they are or aren't, just trying to prove a point that breasts or no breasts does not make it a major factor if an individual is male or female.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Which genderswapping boss, is it on our version or unreleased yet? I'm, level 43 and went to e-Fleet for 1st time yesteray but didn't finish it.

I believe he only gender-swaps in 6 and 4 man versions, in 24 man he dies too fast.

The guy says "it's not working. Transform!" and then turns into a woman, then after his HP bar drops further he transforms again into a man.

It's one of the 3 "officers" you fight after you jump into the main ship, before you go to the chef.

53 minutes ago, Ebrietaz said:

I am not here to say I know what Poharan's gender is, because I truly do not know.

I just wanted to point out that Just because an individual has breasts, does not mean they are in fact a female.

Just because an individual is flat chested, does not mean they are in fact a male.

(Sorry for the large image, too lazy to resize.)

For those who don't know who this is, this is Kaine from the Nier game series.

Kaine has breasts, look feminine in many aspects but they are actually a hermaphrodite.

This applies to real life, too. People get implants, breast reduction surgery, etc.

latest?cb=20110613050241

I was waiting for someone to point this out. xD

Too bad Poh is a female. I will still think of her as a cute femboy. *_*

So I just wanted to resolve something/add to this discussion.

We can all debate whether or not Poh is a man or a woman, sure, but someone brought up one of the NPC's who will say "Is the admiral a man or a woman?" over and over. Poharan is not the admiral, she's the vice-admiral, so this NPC isn't asking the question towards her, he's asking it towards the actual admiral who we haven't met yet.

So I introduce to you... THE ADMIRAL! (@ 23:51 in vid)

So the real question is... Is the admiral a man, or a woman?!

17 hours ago, Yeon said:

I was waiting for someone to point this out. xD

Too bad Poh is a female. I will still think of her as a cute femboy. *_*

Well, I wanted to mention it because a few (not everyone here) seem to have it set in mind that:

breasts = female   -   flat chest = male

So i guess large males with "breasts" are female and females with flat chests are male.. based on that logic.

Which I find ridiculous.

Haha, honestly I thought it would have been interesting if that were the case.

Even though others stated that in game it's mentioned Poharan is female, it won't stop individuals from dreaming of what they want Poharan to be in their mind. p:

Sadly, despite what everyone says here and despite all the facts and proofs, what is done is done. The damage done by a mistranslation is now canon to me and I fear it cannot be undone. What has been seen(or imagined) cannot be unseen.

For me, Pohwaran is my favorite character thus far in the entire game and the unwanted controversy which surrounds her is even more interesting. This simple mistake in translation rose many questions and theories in my mind and after almost a month of gameplay, this unclear statement has become canon for me. The character still remains my favorite! I just now picture her with male genitalia or with a very ''dominant role''.

Also... Its much better that way. It fits even better my own fanfiction where her two tigers are in fact male lyn twins. I have a problem! < v <

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But she has a large gun?

It's more like a cultural thing. How people act and "play the dominant part".

You can see flat-chested girls with very short hair acting like a boy or doing stuff you won't expect from a girl.

This is what we germans call a "Kampflesbe"

Archived