Account Safety ??? ! ! !

Sophie

7 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

Sweetheart, Husband had his AA and WoW account stolen. Trust me, I know. I fought Trion for over a month trying to get his account back (at all), and they refused to give it back. You know how they got in (on both AA and WoW)? His email. I found the emails in the deleted email bin (slackers didn't empty the trash). They got in with his email, changed all the information on his account, stripped the account for all that it was worth, used a stolen credit card to buy $100 worth of whatever ArcheAge's coin was called, which soon got the account banned for fraud, and we didn't find out until I was looking for something in his email and found that batch of emails. Good nyerking times, yo.

At least NCsoft agreed to recover your gold AND gave you the account back.

Guess what, though? If they got into your original email, they would have deleted that acknowledgement email too. They would delete everything because that's what these people do. They're in the business of selling gold/accounts, and they're very good at it.

Change your email passwords. Change providers if you have to. Set up 2-step authentication on your email. Don't reuse passwords anywhere. Maybe even see if your email was compromised here https://haveibeenpwned.com/

And posting in all caps is considered shouting on the Internet. Do avoid doing that.

That wouldn't give them any good to make inconvenience to players.

As I said, this post isn't about argument. it's for requesting a confirmation email/acknowledge email to original email address.

and this isn't for you to decide whether we would get that request pass. I can't decide neither. but im doing what I can do here. So if you need somewhere to against or post your opinion. Please go somewhere else.

Because what you said over there. are all not applicable here

10 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

Sweetheart, Husband had his AA and WoW account stolen. Trust me, I know. I fought Trion for over a month trying to get his account back (at all), and they refused to give it back. You know how they got in (on both AA and WoW)? His email. I found the emails in the deleted email bin (slackers didn't empty the trash). They got in with his email, changed all the information on his account, stripped the account for all that it was worth, used a stolen credit card to buy $100 worth of whatever ArcheAge's coin was called, which soon got the account banned for fraud, and we didn't find out until I was looking for something in his email and found that batch of emails. Good nyerking times, yo.

At least NCsoft agreed to recover your gold AND gave you the account back.

Guess what, though? If they got into your original email, they would have deleted that acknowledgement email too. They would delete everything because that's what these people do. They're in the business of selling gold/accounts, and they're very good at it.

Change your email passwords. Change providers if you have to. Set up 2-step authentication on your email. Don't reuse passwords anywhere. Maybe even see if your email was compromised here https://haveibeenpwned.com/ne

And posting in all caps is considered shouting on the Internet. Do avoid doing that.

As I said in previous post. Once the hacker got in to your account. they can change the email address without your 2-step verification code, if you don't believe of what im saying you can try yourself. In fact, try everything first before talking. it's very annoyed.

once they change the email address, they will use the new email address (hacker's email address) to remove the 2-step verification. The detail instruction is provided by blade&soul support team:

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207270586-Two-Step-Verification-OTP-Authentication-Removal

1 minute ago, AionCheesecake said:

Or don't read what I wrote, sweetiecakes. That's okay, too.

Besides, it's not just you I've been replying to (Hell, this thread that you pulled from a two month necro SCREAMING has nothing to do with you or your bf). That's information for all manner of other players who got pwnt by these nyerkfaces.

Now, I'll say it for the 20millionth time, and maybe you'll grasp it:

Change

your

email

password

IMMEDIATELY

if you haven't already.

Change any passwords anywhere that may have been shared with BnS/email.

And do all that scan your computer and stuff things too.

And check out all the security breaches on that site I linked. It's pretty cool info, like how some "adult" sites got hit.

that's about you who think that's screaming. for me, those upper letter words are showing what is important.

Do not force your point of view on other people.

And what make you think that we didn't change our email password? as I said, Please do not try to play smart here.

We did, both of us. long time ago

Besides, it's not just you I've been replying to (Hell, this thread that you pulled from a two month necro SCREAMING has nothing to do with you or your bf). That's information for all manner of other players who got pwnt by these nyerkfaces.

Change

your

email

password

IMMEDIATELY

if you haven't already.

And check out all the security breaches on that site I linked. It's pretty cool info, like how some "adult" sites got hit.

11 minutes ago, Gapy said:

Tnx aion cheesecake.

look at what i have found....

http://prntscr.com/alrsuy

So Wildstar was compromised ? And it uses same logins as all other games do. Might be that alooot more ppl will be hacked in next months.

Yeah, that might be where (quite a) few were nailed from. I didn't know about that breach until I was scrolling through that list, actually. Glad I never played that. >_______________________>

5 minutes ago, Angelllbb said:

that's about you who think that's screaming. for me, those upper letter words are showing what is important.

Do not force your point of view on other people.

And what make you think that we didn't change our email password? as I said, Please do not try to play smart here.

http://netiquette.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_number_2_-_Do_not_use_all_caps

k

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

3 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

Change

your

email

password

IMMEDIATELY

if you haven't already.

what make you think that we didn't change our email password? as I said, Please do not try to play smart here.

18 minutes ago, Angelllbb said:

what make you think that we didn't change our email password? as I said, Please do not try to play smart here.

6000 words in the dictionary, most people use the same passwords, do be careful with new passwords they might not be as secure as you think. Once an attack has happened they have your ip Data NCSoft keeps a secure location tracker on you, you can access that data to set up where you are. But the problem here is you can force any password if the person uses a real word that is spelt correctly. even using names of children and such is all easy to find out. Once they have your basic data, they look you up and get the rest, once this happens they can guess your password easily. I use an encrypted password method and change them out ever 6 months. 

Archived