How do I level up faction?

Xiuyu

2 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Faction dailies in Dragonscale, Tomun Range, Scorching Sands, Razorwing Ravine, Shipwreck Shallows and Misty Woods.

You do not have to join a clan to gain Faction Contribution.

Oh okay, thanks.

What do I get for joining a clan though?

You also get prestige points killing opposite faction npcs if they're within your level range, and their boss that usually has a 15 on their name. When you hit 20+, you exchange your prestige for contribution points at your faction camp of that zone. You'll be risking to get ganked and killed though, losing your current prestige points you're carrying with you.

3 minutes ago, Mesmerize said:

You also get prestige points killing opposite faction npcs if they're within your level range, and their boss that usually has a 15 on their name. When you hit 20+, you exchange your prestige for contribution points at your faction camp of that zone. You'll be risking to get ganked and killed though, losing your current prestige points you're carrying with you.

Can't I just switch out of my faction outfit to not be ganked?

6 minutes ago, Xiuyu said:

Can't I just switch out of my faction outfit to not be ganked?

Nope. You don't get prestige points without your faction outfit on. Most people just farm npcs peacefully and not attacking each other, but there are always the guys that just can't let you simply because you're on the opposite faction. If you're below 45, you'll most likely have a hard time sometimes as there are plenty of 45s just running around low zones 1-2 hitting people, as they steal your prestige points when they kill you as an easy source instead of farming it themselves. That's the risk.

Just now, Mesmerize said:

Nope. You don't get prestige points without your faction outfit on. Most people just farm npcs peacefully and not attacking each other, but there are always the guys that just can't let you simply because you're on the opposite faction. If you're below 45, you'll most likely have a hard time sometimes as there are plenty of 45s just running around low zones 1-2 hitting people, as they steal your prestige points when they kill you as an easy source instead of farming it themselves. That's the risk.

I mean can't you get prestige points, and then take off your faction outfit?

Just now, Mesmerize said:

Nope. You don't get prestige points without your faction outfit on. Most people just farm npcs peacefully other and not attacking each other, but there are always the guys that just can't let you simply because you're on the opposite faction. If you're below 45, you'll most likely have a hard time sometimes as there are plenty of 45s just running around low zones 1-2 hitting people, as they steal your prestige points when they kill you as an easy source instead of farming it themselves. That's the risk.

No, they won't. Prestige has a level cap on which enemies you can extract it from. Level 45 cannot gain prestige even from the NPC at the beach in the Hogshead place. If you see 45 in low level areas, it's because they're trying to get those faction contribution points.

1 minute ago, Xiuyu said:

I mean can't you get prestige points, and then take off your faction outfit?

Nope, you'll get a warning saying you'll lose the points if you try to take off your outfit or leave the area.

• 2 months later...

Archived