Jump to content

Is there some sort of mining etiquette that everyone should be aware of?


bipolarized

Recommended Posts

As per title.

Like whats the go here? First to spam F wins? First person on site has dibs? What about bot miners? How do we identify and catch them? It's hard enough trying to craft for end game shit, but now i have to deal with being forced to craft a pickaxe for 6 hours AND have to use it on a node with only 1 quartz because high quality nodes have been perma camped by bots or people who just barge in and spam F and its starting to become a bit frustrating.

Anyone got their opinions on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. I've never seen a bot at a node. They are honestly rare. 

2. Etiquette is lost in general in these times online. You're talking about a resource...people have snatched a quest-flower from under me, while I killed the monster defending it. 

3. Act as you wish. At the wheel of fortune, I stand in line, about 20% of the time, I've found that others do the same. You could choose to spam F instead. The same goes for nodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically, screw the niceties and just be an ass?

 

... fair enough. 

Edit: after giving it some thought, here are a few responses to your responses. =P

1. Camp the rich veridian/cinderlands/moonwater nodes (the ones that drop 4-7 quartz) and you will see what im talking about. 
2. Etiquette is lost online but does that mean we should submit to anarchy? There should be some sort of rule like you can't just go waltzing in and taking something that someone has committed time and effort to just because you have better ping and can spam F better.

3. The wheel of fortune doesn't take 3 hours to respawn. So no, its not the same principle as nodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bipolarized said:

So basically, screw the niceties and just be an ass?

 

... fair enough. 

Edit: after giving it some thought, here are a few responses to your responses. =P

1. Camp the rich veridian/cinderlands/moonwater nodes (the ones that drop 4-7 quartz) and you will see what im talking about. 
2. Etiquette is lost online but does that mean we should submit to anarchy? There should be some sort of rule like you can't just go waltzing in and taking something that someone has committed time and effort to just because you have better ping and can spam F better.

3. The wheel of fortune doesn't take 3 hours to respawn. So no, its not the same principle as nodes. 

This is how I do it.

 

Hey look a node

Hey i got a pickaxe

Cool.

Mine

Done.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, bipolarized said:

2. Etiquette is lost online but does that mean we should submit to anarchy? There should be some sort of rule like you can't just go waltzing in and taking something that someone has committed time and effort to just because you have better ping and can spam F better.

 

This sounds like something that someone with low ping would say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2016 at 9:30 PM, bipolarized said:

. Camp the rich veridian/cinderlands/moonwater nodes (the ones that drop 4-7 quartz) and you will see what im talking about.

O.O there are rich nodes in BnS? I don't think I've ever seen one. ;o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aimo said:

O.O there are rich nodes in BnS? I don't think I've ever seen one. ;o

Me neither :\ I also find it difficult to find nodes of viridian quartz..but also I was lucky a few days ago when I found like 6 nodes of moonwater in under one hour. It must be a balance there I guess xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2016 at 2:31 AM, Sylvaeril said:

This is how I do it.

 

Hey look a node

Hey i got a pickaxe

Cool.

Mine

Done.

 

This applies to nodes which is obviously not being camped and unmined. If that's the case, then carry on. But for rich moonwater nodes that drop 4-7 quartz which are highly contested and have pickaxes that need 20h to craft, not sure you can just waltz up to one and mine them that easy since they will be heavily contested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, montaguesandcapulets said:

 

This sounds like something that someone with low ping would say.

This is something someone from Australia would say. Sorry not everyone can live in the US.

... and with President Trump, doubt anyone would want to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bipolarized said:

This is something someone from Australia would say. Sorry not everyone can live in the US.

... and with President Trump, doubt anyone would want to. 

hey nice job on using this forum as a place to vent your political frustrations even though you're not a u.s. citizen but hey :) feel the bern amirite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Relott said:

hey nice job on using this forum as a place to vent your political frustrations even though you're not a u.s. citizen but hey :) feel the bern amirite

Aussies need some form of amusement. Americans are more than happy to provide. I'm rooting for Bernie for you guys. =P We've had our fair share of idiots in power too. I'm highly allergic to idiots, so yeah forgive the political shit im spewing. 


Anyway back to topic.  Yeah, i was hoping there was some sort of mining etiquette involved in game since really, its quite frustrating to have to craft a moonwater pickaxe for 12 hours and then have to deal with that sort of crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bipolarized said:

Aussies need some form of amusement. Americans are more than happy to provide. I'm rooting for Bernie for you guys. =P We've had our fair share of idiots in power too. I'm highly allergic to idiots, so yeah forgive the political shit im spewing. 


Anyway back to topic.  Yeah, i was hoping there was some sort of mining etiquette involved in game since really, its quite frustrating to have to craft a moonwater pickaxe for 12 hours and then have to deal with that sort of crap. 

Feel ya bro. over here (US) it's really a choice of the "idot whos honest about being an idit" and "idiot who acts like an idiot and denies it, hiding as much evidence of idiocy as possible".

 

And I also shrug off the political junk. Realized a long time ago that my country is defined by the people I see everyday, not the 'tards in office. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...