NA/EU only class Gunslinger ?

Drakeos99

1 hour ago, Scorpaeon said:

This is all you will ever see of it ... Like many things BnS showed us and didn't really deliver. You could keep hope alive. However honestly, I expect them to go the easy route, reuse animations and create more hybrids. I mean, why make anything new when you can recycle stuff and still make money? There was supposed to be stronger platforming elements to the game .. we didn't get it. There were supposed to be many more uses for dragon pulses.. We didn't get it. Hell there are entire moves and abilites we didn't get, that was during the time we saw development videos like the one above, that we didn't get. Oh and yeah.. I dont buy the argument that the gunner was just an NPC when this costume is still in game for us to obtain. The gunner is using combos, switching stances and the like. 

W/e .. Like I said, this is all you will ever see of it, the Blade and Soul team has gotten lazy as of late.

Honestly though that video if that was development of the gunner class, looks ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Zarec said:

They won't as they have tried before and they ended up dropping it for some reason.  It could  be possible but I doubt it.

Yes and we should all live according to your wants and needs.  That is how the world works....forced to suffer at the hands of some random persons whims.

It's just my opinion deal with it

Because fighting with a ridiculously oversized axe is martial arts ? This whole martial arts excuse for not wanting a gun class sounds like BS. Is Summoner "martial arts" for you peeps ? No more than someone fighting with guns. I'm not even interested in playing a gun class, I hate ranged classes. But people seem to want a gun or archer class, and I have no problem with that. They could make it completely original and not like the classic "ranger" from other games with moves that actually fit the BnS world as they did with Destroyer.

Just please, not like the gunner class in Tera - I actually watched a video of that class play for the first time yesterday - didn't seem to "fit" in at all with that game but whatever people enjoy I suppose...honestly, as much as I like Archer classes - I don't really think that would fit well with this game either despite their being rifles, everywhere hehe.

3 hours ago, KaiserxKai said:

Firearms might be a bit strange to fit into the game due to the damage and how it plays into staggering opponents.

Soha fits because she is a NPC and she uses moves that's fit for a boss character.

That and she fires a gun that doesn't seem to need to reload.

The only other thing that works with a firearm, is if it also doubles as a melee weapon...

But that makes it a KFM with a built in gun in his fists...

DID SOMEONE SAY BULLET GAUNTLETS?

5 hours ago, Izane said:

i hope that they never putting a class like gunner or ranger in this game,but i like so much a new incoming classes like warlock,soul fighter...

I like this too BUT hope they DON'T call it soul fighter (something about that name makes me cringe and think of one of those Japanese children's animes for the 70s)

4 hours ago, Akamu said:

I'd rather see an Archer, personally.

I agree...I'd like a non-magic ranged class, and to me Archer fits the wuxia setting better.  Though given the existence of Soha, apparently gunslingers wouldn't be totally out of place in this particular world.

5 hours ago, Izane said:

i hope that they never putting a class like gunner or ranger in this game,but i like so much a new incoming classes like warlock,soul fighter...

Why not?  They show a number of NPCs and characters that have gatling guns and rifles.  

Considering firearms play a huge role in the game already (standard mobs, and then Soha and Poh), it fits the lore of B&S perfectly. It's just how they'd be able to make it work within the combat system.

It could be a fast attacking ranged class (dual pistols) then stance change to long rifle for large burst/control. 

Will we ever get it? Doubtful, as mentioned already, it seems they're just taking 2 classes and melding them together to make new classes (warlock & Soul fighter).

Because fighting with a kitty cat is realisitic kung fu.

Because fighting with a big honking barbarian axe is kung fu.

(Everything else can be backed by HKAT lore and Eastern Mythology .. so I'm not using them as examples ... yes, even Warlock)

If anyone played Dynasty Warriors they would know better, but whatever. I get it, "Muh Imurzion."

Ignore the fact that china was using explosives, black powder and the like well before it hit europe/greece.

1 minute ago, Scorpaeon said:

Because fighting with a kitty cat is realisitic kung fu.

Because fighting with a big honking barbarian axe is kung fu.

(Everything else can be backed by HKAT lore and Eastern Mythology .. so I'm not using them as examples ... yes, even Warlock)

If anyone played Dynasty Warriors they would know better, but whatever. I get it, "Muh Imurzion."

Ignore the fact that china was using explosives, black powder and the like well before it hit europe/greece.

Monsters, magic, suspension of disbelief sliding scale of fantasy and sci-fi, this has been addressed. by me.

9 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

Yes, because of something called suspension of disbelief.

People are more likely to accept magic and monsters in a fantasy setting because of this, but are less likely to accept things backed by science because of the atmosphere established. Your suspension of disbelief may not be in-line with the common line of thinking, but generally speaking if a game is fantasy, their suspension of disbelief allows them to accept magic and monsters while disregarding science, just as when a game heavy features science and mutants, people become less willing to accept magic and monsters.
You see, these are on opposite sides of a sliding scale of fantasy and science fiction, and while I'm sure a golden median exists, the common suspension of disbelief allows you to believe from one point, close to the atmosphere of the game, to a certain point away from the center.

Now, there is a time when people would throw out their sense of realism entirely, but that would take a very special atmosphere, generally one, as people call it, "running on pure hype", Since most things, Blade & Soul included, do not "run on pure hype", you have to keep things in a general region on the sliding scale of fantasy and science fiction.

As much as I like gunslinger, there is martial art style that does fit without the use of guns. I'm referring to hidden weapons, especially like the one in Douluo Dalu (斗罗大陆) Xian Xia novel from the Tang Sect faction.

There are other Xian Xia novels with martial arts that does include the use of firearms too such as the Xiao Clan from the novel Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神).

I highly recommend you guys to read some of the Chinese novels, especially the novels written by I EAT TOMATO.

• 1 year later...

Gunslinger would be a lot of fun. What I like about the 11 classes are that they all use different keys and right and left click coordination. People say Soul Fighter is this combination of KFM and FM, and it is, but KFM is left fingers to attack, SF is right and left click and 'F' key, and the feeling of impact when you hit is totally the opposite of KFM. If they make a Gunslinger, they'll need to come up with another way to combine the basic keys and right and left click. They might try a meter, like in Tera, where if you hold a key and the 'meter' builds, you do a different attack or a more powerful one. They might try to make a 'virtuoso' class for gunslinger where movement itself, is more important, than CC.

7 hours ago, Maximus5 said:

it's already out in the Korean version, who knows when we'll get it...

They said somewhere, that it will be in 2017. Trailer is boosted, After i watched the video sinns posted, i assume i won't ever touch it. What kind of a gameplay a gunner class can offer ? We 've seen many examples of this hype, i could never like any type of gunner, bomber class.

Did they even asked the community for this kind of a decision ? Yes, there was surely going to be a gunner class sooner or later regardless of the new trend, since it's in this game's lore, npcs using guns, even one of the main characters. But, there are also npcs using sword/shield, bows, spears ... why gunner prioritized over them ? I don't think majority would have wanted gunner over something which is a classic and can offer many thrilling moves, like an archer.

Still, i hope it's gameplay won't be as dull as in the video. It can't feel worse than a hybrid class like bd, sf anyways.

Archived