Forums

NA/EU only class Gunslinger ?

Drakeos99

I can see where it fits in with certain NPC's and mobs using guns (notably Poharan and her epic face-blasting machine)

However, I'm not too keen on the idea. Gunners/Gunslingers killed Aion in my opinion and since then I've always been more put-off by those kind of classes than excited by them.

I'm not really enticed by the idea myself. On the other hand though, provided they do not OP it like so many games do I would be okay with it. Wouldn't play it but I'd be alright with it. If it were QUIET. The sound effects are stupid loud on most gunner style classes in games.

Can't say it does not fit the "lore" or "feel" when you have Miss Popo and Soha. Not to mention the various enemies that use rifles and are called snipers.

That being said, it is unlikely any classes will come that are NA only. We have roughly four years of content to get through to catch up to KR. After that it is up to KR Devs to develop the content. I don't foresee NCSoft creating a class only for the NA version. If, and that is a big if, they created a gunner it would most likely be available for all regions.

They won't as they have tried before and they ended up dropping it for some reason.  It could  be possible but I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

Gunslinger would kill the martial arts mood for me, so just no it's a bad idea

Yes and we should all live according to your wants and needs.  That is how the world works....forced to suffer at the hands of some random persons whims.

This is all you will ever see of it ... Like many things BnS showed us and didn't really deliver. You could keep hope alive. However honestly, I expect them to go the easy route, reuse animations and create more hybrids. I mean, why make anything new when you can recycle stuff and still make money? There was supposed to be stronger platforming elements to the game .. we didn't get it. There were supposed to be many more uses for dragon pulses.. We didn't get it. Hell there are entire moves and abilites we didn't get, that was during the time we saw development videos like the one above, that we didn't get. Oh and yeah.. I dont buy the argument that the gunner was just an NPC when this costume is still in game for us to obtain. The gunner is using combos, switching stances and the like. 

W/e .. Like I said, this is all you will ever see of it, the Blade and Soul team has gotten lazy as of late.

I'd rather see an Archer, personally. For females, while we're at it, or some other long-ranged class.

I play online games with a few girl friends of mine and they universally hate being up close to mobs. So they've chosen Lyn Summoner, but they've complained about not being able to be the Jin/Gon race. You'd be surprised how many of them dislike the "sexy" races.

As for gunner, I'm not fond of it either.

1 minute ago, SummerSlaughter said:

>martial artists

>gunslingers

wat

but i guess they could give them a different start area or something

i also guess they're about as martial arts as Destroyers are lol so i cant really complain

They're martial artists for robots.

What about a class that specializes in a bo staff that can pop off to be dual wielding clubs?

Doing combos midway between wide reaching staff, and popping it off to utilize rapid hitting attacks?

A fusion between dual tonfas and a battle staff?

Or do warlocks use that sort of combat style?

EDIT: Nvm I went to see a video of the warlock pvp, and it's basically a fusion between force master and summoner. XD

What I mean about 'dual stick' fighting is the use of a weapon called the Tambo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamb%C5%8D

1 minute ago, tetsuo123 said:

But little Girls and Boys with Laser shooting Sunflowers and Cats that walk on 2 legs as pets are ok^^

Yes, because of something called suspension of disbelief.

People are more likely to accept magic and monsters in a fantasy setting because of this, but are less likely to accept things backed by science because of the atmosphere established. Your suspension of disbelief may not be in-line with the common line of thinking, but generally speaking if a game is fantasy, their suspension of disbelief allows them to accept magic and monsters while disregarding science, just as when a game heavy features science and mutants, people become less willing to accept magic and monsters.
You see, these are on opposite sides of a sliding scale of fantasy and science fiction, and while I'm sure a golden median exists, the common suspension of disbelief allows you to believe from one point, close to the atmosphere of the game, to a certain point away from the center.

Now, there is a time when people would throw out their sense of realism entirely, but that would take a very special atmosphere, generally one, as people call it, "running on pure hype", Since most things, Blade & Soul included, do not "run on pure hype", you have to keep things in a general region on the sliding scale of fantasy and science fiction.

58 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

This is all you will ever see of it ... Like many things BnS showed us and didn't really deliver. You could keep hope alive. However honestly, I expect them to go the easy route, reuse animations and create more hybrids. I mean, why make anything new when you can recycle stuff and still make money? There was supposed to be stronger platforming elements to the game .. we didn't get it. There were supposed to be many more uses for dragon pulses.. We didn't get it. Hell there are entire moves and abilites we didn't get, that was during the time we saw development videos like the one above, that we didn't get. Oh and yeah.. I dont buy the argument that the gunner was just an NPC when this costume is still in game for us to obtain. The gunner is using combos, switching stances and the like. 

W/e .. Like I said, this is all you will ever see of it, the Blade and Soul team has gotten lazy as of late.

Funny you say that because in a recent interview, they said that they will release a brand new class in 2016 that is not a hybrid class and is a "never-before-seen" class.

Here is one, of many, articles about it : http://2p.com/37341556_1/Blade-amp-Soul-New-Class-Musketeer-will-Probably-Debut-in-2016-by-Noki-Kim.htm

Well it is blade and soul, so it'd have to use a combat style relative to martial arts of some sort.

Sword fighting is used, Ninjutsu is used, 'magic', fists,  and heavy weaponry is used already.

That leaves other niche sort of asian weapons such as staves, scythes, and spears.

double tambo is possible?

A gunslinger with two pistols would seem kinda lame in this game imo.  Maybe people can brainstorm a bit instead of bickering about how it will or wont fit here and think of a way to make it B&S or Martial Arts themed.  I dont read or watch anime or any oddball martial arts movies just the regular Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee stuff so i dont know if they've ever had a dual wielding range type character.  But only thing i can think of that might be made into a passable M.A. themed gunslinger is something like the Hassassin Dart Master from the Prince of Persia movie.

Firearms might be a bit strange to fit into the game due to the damage and how it plays into staggering opponents.

Soha fits because she is a NPC and she uses moves that's fit for a boss character.

That and she fires a gun that doesn't seem to need to reload.

The only other thing that works with a firearm, is if it also doubles as a melee weapon...

But that makes it a KFM with a built in gun in his fists...

14 minutes ago, KaiserxKai said:

That and she fires a gun that doesn't seem to need to reload.

The only other thing that works with a firearm, is if it also doubles as a melee weapon...

But that makes it a KFM with a built in gun in his fists...

Well she does reload it but with cartridges.  B&S seems like the kind of game that would be more about arquebus/flintlock type gunpowder weapons...except that one chick on the loading screen who has the eyepatch and a minigun.  And she does use it as a melee weapon but i disagree about how having a class like you mentioned would seem too KFM-ish.  That would only happen if the devs create a class like that and make the melee moves offensive in nature.  They could be made as mostly defensive abilities like gap openers, snares or as a jump-over-land-behind type move that does a tiny bit of damage.

Archived