Does respawning yourself reset the damage done on blackwyrm?

Masqava

Yes.

The moment you die, all your damage done up to that point is reset.

You could probably still get loot if your party could have provided the dps needed to fill your part as well, but I never tested this.

3 minutes ago, Rym said:

Yes.

The moment you die, all your damage done up to that point is reset.

You could probably still get loot if your party could have provided the dps needed to fill your part as well, but I never tested this.

Then pls explain to me why im able to get brilliand chest every time im doing it and duying like 5-20 times? :) Also noted im doing it solo unless i've guild members coming which is like never

I would like YOU to explain me why I don't get any loot from Blackwyrm, granted I die a lot I've never once gotten loot from it. And I see on my screen constant 5-7k crits while I'm dpsing, doing at least 100k dmg every time before I die.

Still, because I die, I do not receive loot.

How can such a thing be possible, if I did so much damage?

1 hour ago, Rym said:

I would like YOU to explain me why I don't get any loot from Blackwyrm, granted I die a lot I've never once gotten loot from it. And I see on my screen constant 5-7k crits while I'm dpsing, doing at least 100k dmg every time before I die.

Class and which stage are you with your weapons / jeweleries. And if it resetted everytime player died it would mean almost no one could get box

Lets add this. About five minutes ago friend of mine died at BW around 4% hp he respawned and got brilliant chest and he was doing it without party

13 hours ago, Rym said:

I heard someone say that you have to do at least 650k damage or something to get the loot.

Idk if that's true, and in the first I have no clue how much HP it even has. ._.

As a melee fighter with bad gear and roughly 5 fps I tend to die a lot to Blackwyrm but thus far, I have always managed to deal enough damage to get my share of the loot. If dying really does resets your damage counter, you don't have to do a lot of damage to get the loot, because I spend a lot more time hugging the floor, asking myself why I even bother, than I do fighting.

Why people have the need to post incorrect things with such certainty? I mean, ok, say something like "I think it resets because I didn't get the chest when I died" or something, but not "yes, it resets". It's dishonest, misleading and arrogant. Not to mention that like one guy would get a chest if it was the case.

I also see this in faction chat. Someone asks the same question and the "yes, it resets" one-liner pops up. Jesus, people, how hard it is to type "I think it does" or something? If you are convincing enough, that player who asked might never join the bw raid without having like 100 antidotes or whatever, which is unnecessary. Or, worse, he'll try to do his 1% and then stand around idly, thus prolonging the killing time. I've seen people standing there for ten minutes while bw is on 90% health. I have like zero fps as everybody else and I am not exactly skilled when it comes to avoiding his damage, so I get that you get in, get damaged (or killed), go outside the circle, eat a dumpling, repeat, which means that half of the time you are respawning/eating/sitting at the edge, which is reasonable, but sitting for ten minutes at bw's 90% because someone told you not to dive in EVER if you did your 1% because it will reset, that's simply not helping anyone.

As someone who killed Blackwyrm around 30 times and always got Brilliant Box except 2 times, damage does NOT reset if you res. You DON'T have to be in party either, it's all personal contribution in terms of DPS that matters.

You must do a certain % of its HP as damage to even get loot, and more % of its HP to get the brilliant box. Also, Prestige Points are awarded for those staying alive at the end based on how much damage they did compared to the others hitting it (since they're shared to contributors), and I always got 15+ prestige points even when I res at like 10% hp and come back.

Ressing doesn't matter at all however you must be there near Blackwyrm when it dies (dead or not), otherwise no loot for you.

28 minutes ago, Shiro said:

As someone who killed Blackwyrm around 30 times and always got Brilliant Box except 2 times, damage does NOT reset if you res. You DON'T have to be in party either, it's all personal contribution in terms of DPS that matters.

You must do a certain % of its HP as damage to even get loot, and more % of its HP to get the brilliant box. Also, Prestige Points are awarded for those staying alive at the end based on how much damage they did compared to the others hitting it (since they're shared to contributors), and I always got 15+ prestige points even when I res at like 10% hp and come back.

Ressing doesn't matter at all however you must be there near Blackwyrm when it dies (dead or not), otherwise no loot for you.

This because if it resetted no one would be able to get chests without having charms and antidotes. So i should have never gotten brilliants never. Players think they do more dmg than they actually do. For me who has atm one item short best items that players can get it takes to about 2minutes with constat dpsing to do 650k dmg and this means i can stick to target whole time without having high ping or low hps which is impossible at BW.

Each time i go in can do maybe 10% of my optimal dmg output because of these factors and top of that if deaths resetted damage counter it would mean i could not die single time

Archived