Blade and Clipping

duber

Seriously, I know that getting all clipping issues out of a model is almost impossible, but it's like they didn't even care in this game.  Most costumes, weapons, and certain hairstyles have their beauty diminished because they go through the character model in some way.  I know it doesn't matter to some people, and it doesn't matter to me in small quantities, but in BnS it's terrible.  I wouldn't complain about it except that I've seen games that don't have the issue to this extreme, so it seems like a matter of laziness on the part of the modelers (I could be wrong).

Cant they do something along the lines of having hair ontop of the clothing texture layer no matter what as it is now i feel like we have ghost hair that can go through our body. Idk feel like they can do it better if they tried because alot of people love long hair, not making long hairs is not a sollution

At the very least, they could make it so hairstyles don't clip with the base model. -_- That pretty much ruins a few hairstyles - the braided pigtails, for example, one of which just punches directly through your character's shoulder.

A lot of the more girly looking outfits on female lyns have that issue too, often their right arm literally disappears into the lower part of the dress at elbow level. Looks really silly and it's put me off buying a lot of the outfits so far, i ended up buying wish for mine.

the assassin weapon for example pierces straight through your arm when in idle stance.  Some clothing clipping I can live with since I can decide not to wear em but when you like a class a lot and you are forced to have your weapon pierce straight through your arm when standing still it really breaks immersion a lot.

The problem with clipping when it comes to outfits and charatcer design is that they would literally have to write a code for each and every possible outfit/species/hair combination in the game.  That doesnt seem like its a big deal but it is a HUGE deal.  For example, you have 7 character models I think currently, lets say each character model has 12 hair combinations which equals 84 possible combinations.  Now, you take those 84 possible combinations and match them to lets say....25 outfits.  That equals 2100 combinations they would need to write code for to have each character model/hair style/clothing item not clip in the game.  Its a big deal and why you will not see clipping eliminated from ANY game.

the reason is that we have an immense amount of control with character creation, thus creating outfits that don't clip is nigh on impossible, do to head size, and body size ect, are alot of issues that go into clipping problem when you give players the ability to create monstrosities .... *shudders at some of the people he's seen in game* 

16 hours ago, dispatcher505 said:

The problem with clipping when it comes to outfits and charatcer design is that they would literally have to write a code for each and every possible outfit/species/hair combination in the game.  That doesnt seem like its a big deal but it is a HUGE deal.  

When they're designing the hairstyle, it's not that hard to think, "Gee, these braids hanging down past the shoulder are going to clip directly into the shoulder of ANY character model unless we do something, regardless of how that character model is modified. Maybe we should have them hang in a different way, or perhaps shorten them."

The clipping issues go beyond costume clipping.

To be honest, the clipping that certain hairstyles do with some outfits are the best reason to implement a hair stylist NPC that uses in-game gold/silver for the changes. I mean, if they aren't going to bother to reduce the clipping, the least they can do is provide us with a free-ish way to fix the problem ourselves by changing our character's hair.

Archived