Forums

Let us purchase the Quick Draw Wuotfits!

Sdric

8 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

Wouldn't be the first time.

though i certainly hope that they don't release this stuff as IT was supposed to only be available for founder packs (at the 125 level too if i remember right) IT also wouldn't be the first time since this game opened that they went back on their word ..

fingers crossed that they keep to their word this time

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Also can you say false advertisement...better business bureau and FCC would have a say in the matter and those fines are per person affected if memory serves. 

They stated several times that those outfits were exclusive to the founders packs.  Its the same reason Warframe will not re-release the founders items.  They legally cannot (they can but again fines out the ass). 

There's nothing legally binding about this at all, actually. They could release the outfit in the cash shop tomorrow and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The marketing material only said that Master Pack items would be available to Master Pack owners, but the information people are citing about them being permanently exclusive to Master Pack owners comes from information statements, i.e. Stream and social media chatter, none of which is legally binding.

This is essentially why we have RNG boxes on the store right now. While NCSoft staff mentioned on stream that RNG boxes would never come to the store, the law hasn't progressed to a point where they can be held accountable for that kind of verbal statement.

2 minutes ago, Anjon said:

There's nothing legally binding about this at all, actually. They could release the outfit in the cash shop tomorrow and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The marketing material only said that Master Pack items would be available to Master Pack owners, but the information people are citing about them being permanently exclusive to Master Pack owners comes from information statements, i.e. Stream and social media chatter, none of which is legally binding.

This is essentially why we have RNG boxes on the store right now. While NCSoft staff mentioned on stream that RNG boxes would never come to the store, the law hasn't progressed to a point where they can be held accountable for that kind of verbal statement.

at one point during the sales they DID say that the outfits and titles were only going to be for the packs ..

BUT yes they also said no RNG boxs and THAT sure as heck didn't last either ..

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

at one point during the sales they DID say that the outfits and titles were only going to be for the packs ..

They also said no region lock and see how well that went.

4y45MDL.png

3 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

They never mentioned that RNG boxs is not gonna be in the game. People are just witch hunting and you decided to spread it. They also said on reddit that they never said that and DURING CBT they had the rng boxes. There's no evidence that can back up your claims.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

They also said no region lock and see how well that went.

4y45MDL.png

Did they really region lock? as far as I know they havent. Did they region lock china or something?

Just now, YuriScarlet said:

They never mentioned that RNG boxs is not gonna be in the game. People are just witch hunting and you decided to spread it. They also said on reddit that they never said that and DURING CBT they had the rng boxes. There's no evidence that can back up your claims.

Did they really region lock? as far as I know they havent. Did they region lock china or something?

I was sure that the RNG boxs were said .. BUT i agree with the region locks .

ISN'T that why the forums were spammer by complainers about gold spammers and that there should be region locks?

as far as i know, people like me want to region lock regions with a server already. Japan, Taiwan, and China. although I <3 Japan but :( must be fair.

They haven't region lock at all, and I think they were considering it on the stream but most likely not is what they said.

I've heard rumor that they blocked a bunch of eastern European/former Soviet countries (Ukraine, Belarus, etc), but I can't confirm that. Just heard it a couple times here around the forums.

On topic:

They definitely shouldn't release it anytime soon. I understand more than a year down the road, but definitely not anytime soon. That'd be a huge slap in the face to the master's pack people.

5 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

They...actually did. I even downloaded the archive, and it's still there. Maybe you forgot it because the discussion wasn't actively about RNG boxes, but another feature -- the Wardrobe. They said they'll never implement RNG boxes, but in order to adhere to that, they have incentivize the premium membership harder, and the Wardrobe is the biggest convenience feature they could lock behind a paywall. They quite literally said it was a choice of RNG boxes or free Wardrobe. Now we have RNG boxes, but we don't have a free Wardrobe. If you want to relive the entire 1hour+ discussion, you can find it on the Premium membership discussion stream on the youtube channel.

3 minutes ago, Anjon said:

They...actually did. I even downloaded the archive, and it's still there. Maybe you forgot it because the discussion wasn't actively about RNG boxes, but another feature -- the Wardrobe. They said they'll never implement RNG boxes, but in order to adhere to that, they have incentivize the premium membership harder, and the Wardrobe is the biggest convenience feature they could lock behind a paywall. They quite literally said it was a choice of RNG boxes or free Wardrobe. Now we have RNG boxes, but we don't have a free Wardrobe. If you want to relive the entire 1hour+ discussion, you can find it on the Premium membership discussion stream on the youtube channel.

Then give it to us. then we can give it to babbletron to explain himself.  give us the link and the time.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

Then give it to us. then we can give it to babbletron to explain himself.  give us the link and the time.

I just told you exactly where to find it... it's not even hidden, and there's no time stamp needed, it's the entire archive.

4y45MDL.png

How I read that statement is:

They are not going to region lock NA and EU, and players from either region are more than welcome to play on the opposite region.

By buying a founders pack you were able to Play on NA and EU, however the benefits would only be to 1 of the 2 regions, though they would not lock the benefits from 1 region and not the other.  Nor would they lock an account to 1 region, but allow the same account to have characters on both regions. 

Considering that whole statement is for the question: What if I am from a different region to the one I am purchasing a founder's pack from.

Aka. NA buying it and playing on EU, and EU buying it and playing on NA. 

They do not cover anything other than NA/EU with the statement. I really wish people would stop trying to take it out of context. 

While I agree it's crappy the game is region locked for some countries, and I disagree with NCSoft doing that. I also know they never stated that those countries wouldn't be region locked. :/ (NCSoft had left those countries as a grey area until after making a deal with Innova.)

9 minutes ago, Mishi said:

4y45MDL.png

How I read that statement is:

They are not going to region lock NA and EU, and players from either region are more than welcome to play on the opposite region.

By buying a founders pack you were able to Play on NA and EU, however the benefits would only be to 1 of the 2 regions, though they would not lock the benefits from 1 region and not the other.  Nor would they lock an account to 1 region, but allow the same account to have characters on both regions. 

Considering that whole statement is for the question: What if I am from a different region to the one I am purchasing a founder's pack from.

Aka. NA buying it and playing on EU, and EU buying it and playing on NA. 

They do not cover anything other than NA/EU with the statement. I really wish people would stop trying to take it out of context. 

While I agree it's crappy the game is region locked for some countries, and I disagree with NCSoft doing that. I also know they never stated that those countries wouldn't be region locked. :/ (NCSoft had left those countries as a grey area until after making a deal with Innova.)

It reads: "NCSoft will not be restricting regional play"

The part where they say that "either region you choose to play on, North America and Europe" simply refers to available server regions. I see where you're coming from, I thought about that myself, but you can't even nitpick the phrase that way. 

Washing it down, it says that

1 - it will not be restricting regional play

2 - you'll be able to play on any of 2 regions (not from any of 2 regions)

So if you purchase your Founder pack from a different region, you're still (supposedly) able to play on either NA or EU.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It reads: "NCSoft will not be restricting regional play"

The part where they say that "either region you choose to play on, North America and Europe" simply refers to available server regions. I see where you're coming from, I thought about that myself, but you can't even nitpick the phrase that way. 

Washing it down, it says that

1 - it will not be restricting regional play

2 - you'll be able to play on any of 2 regions (not from any of 2 regions)

So if you purchase your Founder pack from a different region, you're still (supposedly) able to play on either NA or EU.

Yet we are allowed to nitpick a phrase to suit the needs of it going from covering 2 regions, and buying a pack yet playing in the other region to mean that They stated they would never regionlock countries out of playing both the regions of the game that they are managing for only 2 regions?

It's all grey area. :/
granted I still don't agree with NCsoft restricting the countries based off of region to a game which isn't out yet for their region. (Let alone a shady publisher being the company publishing for them.)

9 hours ago, Sdric said:

They did a poor job advertising the game so many people didn't know of the release until tehy started the Twitch streams 2 days before release, so limiting that costume even though they could possibly sell it to a lot of customers would be stupid.

Either way selling costumes which have actual demand is better than introducing stuff like those RNG chests with expensive materials that might screw the economy....

The games first servers had thousands of queue.. even got to the point that premium users were in thousand queues too. Im pretty sure the game was advertised ALOT. They made more servers because of hte queue problem... 

9 hours ago, Sdric said:

You want our money? Then don't remove your stock before the game even released >.>

I'ld glady throw my money at you if it was purchaseable.

(The Quick Draw outfit, was only avilable for people who founded the game before anybody even knew of it...)

They were exclusive to founder packs. I'd be disappointed if they were released to public since that was one of the only perks (besides name reservations) for the main selling point.

Timed exclusives should remain exclusive, however it shouldn't stop NCSoft from releasing variants of the outfit that are not as genuine as the original. They need a lot more outfit, I do believe they need to get the play base involved to create outfits. The more diversity in the game for content the greater the game's life will be.

11 hours ago, Sdric said:

They did a poor job advertising the game so many people didn't know of the release until tehy started the Twitch streams 2 days before release, s

"It's (insert game company name here)'s fault that I didn't know about it so I should have the opportunity to get it" is literally the exact same excuse every time something like this comes up.

It was on their web page.

I don't visit their web page.

People were talking about it for weeks in the forums.

I have better things to do then spend time in the forums.

They had it on Twitch and Facebook.

I refuse to use social media.

They sent an email.

I didn't see it.

It might have been in your spam folder.

How was I to know to check my spam folder for it?

They sent two sharply-dressed Caucasian men to your door to tell you the good news.

I would have answered the door if I had known it was them.

Really? Encouraging more cash shop when the game is still being developed practically?

Whine about the crazy costs of the current outfits if anything. ~$13 per outfit, when it's only for one character, is way too much. Especially in this day and age when people are poor enough. Whine about the bots and spammers (credit for the recent update targeting spammers, though). Whine about lack of end-game content, or about the level 45-cap. Anything else.

Archived