Ok something needs to change

Pun

So i went today buy 50 bucks worth of coins to get some outfits and what not i wanted, and other stuff, anyways i was waiting for my bank to show that i had the cash in, so i desided to go get my faction dailys out the way while i waited, anyways... i go out of town, and theres 4-5 bots there, farming the npcs and players.. im like wtf.. pvp bots now.. so im like ok, fck it change channels. and again another set of pvp bots.. so i get pissed and change to another channel.. and again pvp bots.. channel 1-15 is full of pvp bots for faction, u ask how do i know there bots, they stack on each other, like 1 char, and walk togeather.. also when they kill u, they say the same thing over and over again.. how can u kill 5 bots, stacked on top of each other.. 2 were sum 2 des 1 blade master.. no freaking way to kill them.. hell even 5 real players vs them 5 bots, the bots prob win.

Anyways intell this is fixed, u guys not getting anymore money.. i alrdy spend 100 bucks on the game. was about to buy 50 bucks more cuz i love the game wanted some cool shit.. but i cant deal with the pvp bots.. i dont give a sh1t about the pvm bots or w.e cuz i get it, some people are poor and cant spend real cash, so they need to bot to keep up.. that i get.. it sucks, wish it they didnt have to, and make it fair for all but its all good, like i said bots dont bother me much.. but when it comes to pvp bots.. wtf is the point.. ur fcking up the game.. now i cant do my faction dailys

ty for reading my rant..

#sadplayer

They'rie working on it, I am going to assume you didn't even bother reporting them? Maybe they wouldn't get so far if people would just report them before they got to that point ( I for one wait till they spawn at bamboo village and report as I see them)  if  I have nothing to do. Anyway, bots are always a problem. I know games that have it FAR worse and are doing okay. I am sure they'll do just fine with out a couple of wallets "holding back"

I do that when I around the lowe level dungeons or see a bot out roaming. Names are pretty easy to spot. So I just report them. If you have a name that kind of looks like a bot. I'll apologize now, but chances are I'm reporting you for as a bot. Should be good incentive to name your characters better.

i see a lot of people complain about bots but many of them wont report them claiming its too much hassle - well then how the heck do you expect them to know about those specific bots ?? is my question - mind you this is obviously not aimed at people who actually bother to report the bots when they find them or see them or read them in chat

27 minutes ago, capncronic365 said:

i see a lot of people complain about bots but many of them wont report them claiming its too much hassle - well then how the heck do you expect them to know about those specific bots ?? is my question - mind you this is obviously not aimed at people who actually bother to report the bots when they find them or see them or read them in chat

You ever tried going bot hunting in a free to play game? There are MANY random  letter combinations to make names from, I tell you. ;)

30 minutes ago, capncronic365 said:

I've done my best to stand in front of an instance opening and grab screen shots of the bots streaming in and out like ants... hitting escape and screen grabbing it every other key click. They literally are too fast for me to get them all. Then submitting all the screenshots.. if I were to do this at every instance I saw this bot train nonsense happening I wouldn't get play time. Compound this with the canned rudely written support responses you get, the typical brush off which has been in effect for 10+ years, and the fact that 24 hours later you see toons with slight variations on the names, why should I spend my play time doing what they should be automating if they cared?

Seriously, why wasn't the bot and spam filtering in the game at launch? Because either they didn't predict it (bad risk management in a game market this old = someone has no brain), or a manager deprioritized it (bad audience analysis over cost benefit = they don't care). Take your pick.

In any case, saying "any MMO" has bots in my opinion is a sad and tired response when I've played so dang many MMOs and seen a breadth of response on this matter from instant annihilation of said bot by GM or automated game function to ... the more typical lack of response where they have their top sekrit stuff that they can't divulge because then the botters would find a way to work around it... geh.

It all comes down to prioritization of resources.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2016 at 10:18 PM, khynnea said:

I've done my best to stand in front of an instance opening and grab screen shots of the bots streaming in and out like ants... hitting escape and screen grabbing it every other key click. They literally are too fast for me to get them all. Then submitting all the screenshots.. if I were to do this at every instance I saw this bot train nonsense happening I wouldn't get play time. Compound this with the canned rudely written support responses you get, the typical brush off which has been in effect for 10+ years, and the fact that 24 hours later you see toons with slight variations on the names, why should I spend my play time doing what they should be automating if they cared?

Seriously, why wasn't the bot and spam filtering in the game at launch? Because either they didn't predict it (bad risk management in a game market this old = someone has no brain), or a manager deprioritized it (bad audience analysis over cost benefit = they don't care). Take your pick.

In any case, saying "any MMO" has bots in my opinion is a sad and tired response when I've played so dang many MMOs and seen a breadth of response on this matter from instant annihilation of said bot by GM or automated game function to ... the more typical lack of response where they have their top sekrit stuff that they can't divulge because then the botters would find a way to work around it... geh.

It all comes down to prioritization of resources.

ill agree with you but my overall point wasnt to stand there and report report report and dont enjoy the game it was report some and keep moving along - if we all do this then it should help atleast a little - as there is a fairly significant player count at this point in time and if each of us just grabbed a couple and reported them at random spottings it would add up - whereas there are many who are simply coming on the forums here and complaining instead of even reporting a single one - i know what you mean that if you sat there all day trying to report them all it would be entirely your loss - this is true but if each and every person were to simply report 1 or 2 or 3 or you get my point not the whole lot but just the first couple we could catch and then go about our business it would amount to a fairly large amount of reports in a short and constant amount of time and give the teams behind the scenes something to work with - is it perfect no but then no such thing actually exists in this life so all we can do is achieve the best we can and i think with an approach like this it might make enough of a difference to actually give the teams hunting the bots down a chance to do some good instead of the forums teams nothing but headaches because people complain but dont use the features given to them to try and counter it in the slightest - im not calling it perfect im calling it a start

Sounds like lot of people don't realize you can press esc and pick report player as an option in the drop down menu under their names.  No typing, memorizing letter soup names, or screen capturing required.

1 minute ago, Bezerko said:

Sounds like lot of people don't realize you can press esc and pick report player as an option in the drop down menu under their names.  No typing, memorizing letter soup names, or screen capturing required.

screenshot_160305_002_by_unitedstrafes-d

Totally, you should come to some of these spots and do us all a favor and start reporting away.....Oh and don't forget to get the gold spammers in the chat as well?

Mmmmmkkk thanx bye!

Archived