Anyone knwos what Sword Shroud exacly do?

Bloodmiist

Not 100% sure, but from my observation and testing the skill this is what I think.

You Block all melee hits your party takes when they are standing in the area, but only melee hits. No Range, no casts.

Comes in handy when you pull everything in the 4 blue 45 dungeons and you block everything for your mates.

Yea the impression I got (which sadly I can only say that, as I never managed to get a good handle on it) was that it blocks anything happening in the circle it covers, as long as they were things you could normally block.

I ended up just using it as a way of extending my own personal parry sometimes as people would jump out of it and make it largely useless as a party function.

On 2/6/2016 at 9:52 AM, Bloodmiist said:

Thanks for the answers!
I tried to block slashimi's steam attack, but it dnd't work :(
Pitty that it only works with some attacks ;-;
I guess the use would be somewhat around the same as FM blue AoE shield

That's basically a red attack - it pierces defense.

1 hour ago, deadmesa said:

Absolutely useless in boss fights compared to other 'party defense skills'

Needs to be reworked.

Not useless...just limited...for example, if you see a teammate fail to f the daze on poharan, you can stand on them and activate sword shroud to prevent the follow-up hit.

Sword shroud does its intended purpose, it's blocks melee attacks at a 360 field, it's not the end goal in block.The end goal would be in the Hongmoon Skill with gives you Winged Protector which negates ALL attacks and status effects, I can give a example: Your fighting blackwyvm and he does his stomp attack, you block and activate sword shroud, it will also protect your party in the radius,but his AoE it is useless against.

Option 2:Your fighting blackwyvm and he does his stomp atk,you hit block and activate Winged Protector and your party in your radius is not affected, he goes to activate his AoE and you hit block and activate Winged Protector,well it protects you and your party for all dmg 

Archived