Thoughts so far

djinn1992

So I've now played the game a fair bit and here's my thoughts so far. (Keep in mind this is my experience and my opinion while everyone may have their own these are mine agree or disagree just remember. This is all opinion based on experience)

PvE

At 45 we're stuck farming dailies every day and farming crafting mats to be able to craft an item that would otherwise cost upwards of 350+ gold per upgrade to get one level one our weapons.

No one levels accessories because the absurdly high price of the weapon alone means we won't be able to max weapon for at least another three to four months.

The only real content is Blackram Supply Chain six man and twenty-four man and our very own giant dragon

The six man version is next to pointless as you go in get at least four people who have never done it before and then spend one or two hours just to clear it once

The twenty-four man version is pointless other than offering a good source of 1.44gold per day you end up soloing the whole thing since no one is ever willing or wanting to party to do it

The giant dragon AKA Blackwing sits upon a mountain staring off into the distance as maybe once or twice a day someone in your faction chat will convince others to come and kill it but without at least 60 people it takes over an hour to kill. It's also a double edged sword. If you drop combat or die at any point your progress (Personal loot) is reset and you have to start again. If you like most people die between 1-5% left on this monstrosity you are guaranteed no loot at all and such have wasted an hour. Granted you still get the experience of killing a freaking dragon!

Class descriptions

From top to bottom in the form of most broken(Strongest/Over powered) to least(Weakast/Underpowered)

Blade Dancer (BD)

This class has a spin. This spin can be used while using other abilities. Grants immunity to damage. Does Damage. Grants full immunity to CC. CC's for the first 0.5 seconds (just spam it until they're stunned then use your combo) other than this absurdly broken ability they also have a large-ish cooldown of 30 seconds. This cooldown grants them full immunity to damage and cc. Lasts for 12 seconds.

Overall: Outside of these two broken abilities. They're a pretty neat style class with a very high amount of Burst. (Was able to get to 1890 with minimal effort)

Assassin (Sin)

Probably more broken than the Blade dancer but the lack of actual play time and skills on top of the most boring form of combat makes this class just not fun. But all together is the most infuriating class in the game for most people (Aside from the summoner which you will see next)

Assassin does one thing. Stealth. There is no cooldown on this. Can do it any time. While stealth every single ability stuns for 2+ seconds. While in stealth you have 100% evasion meaning almost no class can hit you. While in stealth you cannot be targeted (coupled with the lag the poor servers give it is actually impossible to be knocked out of stealth except by Destroyer, Summoner, Blade Dancer). While you're out of stealth (Or during your combo) all your poison disable defensive abilities and movement abilities for 10 seconds. Making any defensive based class pointless. And your stealth means going offense isn't on option. So you just wait around until you die. Keep in mind though. Your PvP Trinket (The ability to remove all CC) for Assassin's blinds your enemies for four seconds so even if you get caught with your pants down. You're still safe.

Overall: As I stated at the start. It's a super boring play style. You just sit in stealth unable to be hit unable to take damage stun with every hit rinse and repeat until they either concede or walk away. (I was not a fan of this class. Was able to get a 1900 in PvP before I just walked away. Didn't take any effort and wasn't appealing at all)

Summoner (SMN)

Summoner is the class most people dread seeing just because of how little effort it takes to do well. For starters it's the only class in the game with a pet. Making it quite interesting with slightly different mechanics. However in PvP  it has no cooldown on it's counter which grants 5 seconds of stealth and 100% increased movement speed. If you have 100% evasion the pet will still hit you in the air on the ground while it's stunned it doesn't matter. Still hits ya! The Summoner's trinket has no cooldown either so if at any point in time you are able to hit them because they didn't counter, they'll trinket any CC.

Overall: They're an interesting class. Definitively feel like they were designed for women and kids but not something a man can't enjoy playing. If you're not good at games this is the class for you though. In PvE and PvP both with very minimal understanding you'll be fine. (Made it to 1900 without even knowing what half my skills did. But I had a pet! =D)

Destroyer (Des)

Destroyer's have a very slow and clunky play style. But they are hard and heavy hitters. Adding into their spin which does a lot of damage can stun and prevent most all cc but, you can pull them out of it (Most classes) with specific CC's. They are easy to do well with in PvP and hard to do great with. This is the class for you if you want to just smash your face against the keyboard and see huge numbers. Or if you like a little more finesse and want to Animation cancel (the act of using another action to cancel the animation of the previous action while still gaining the full effects). Most Destroyer's you see in PvP will spin... And spin... And spin... Take the game to time. Then lose. For those that have a little bit more intent to win. They'll try to stun you here and there and lay down the law with the giant axe on their backs! (But unless they can Animation cancel they will fall short and lose still)

Overall: If you want something that's huge hits like a tank and takes a bit of skill to be good at. Take this class! (I fell short here in the 1700s I can't Ani-Cancel xD)

Blade Master (BM)

Blade Master's are of a different breed than the classes above it. Blade master is all about control and skill. Unless the other classes that can just use one skill and be done. Blade master's must combine the ability to block in one (and only one) direction with chains of stun, energy management, and strategy. For the most part they're an extremely fun class to play and they can do well (provided enough time and effort) however they are probably the most difficult class to play. Unlike some other classes that have no cooldown. A Blade Master's kit once maxed out comes with some very unfortunate things. While other classes have 8-15 seconds on their cooldowns. Every stun or CC that a Blade Master has is minimum 18 second cooldown and generally 30 or longer.

Overall: If you want to feel like you're doing something and be a control driven player. This is what you should pick. Immense CC chains. No single broken ability (I.E. Spin/Stealth.) And hey. You get a sword! =D (Still loving the class just getting into 1750s)

Kung Fu Master (KFM)

Now I'll admit this is the only class I haven't fiddled with at max level so far (45). So what I know from this class comes off experience playing against it as all other classes. And what others tell me.

Kung Fu Master's are the martial artists of the game (if the name didn't make it obvious enough) They take brute strength, their fists, and counters into every fight. By combining good timing and Animation canceling you can pull off some crazy things with these classes. However if you lag (even just a little) it becomes a living nightmare. Because you're having to counter most attacks for your primary skills. Lagging can cause you to just lose with this class.

Overall: Kung Fu Master is a great looking class with cool combo's and quite skill (and reaction time) driven class with a unique flair for a game with all other classes using weapons.

Force Master (FM) - (Personal favorite class =D)

Force Master is a mage like any other in any other game with a few twists. Force Masters rather than just standing there and casting your spells. Being completley static and boring. Are constantly moving and using visually appealing abilities to create waves in the battle field (Literally you shoot waves of dragons it's freakin' sweet!). While in PvP your whole intent is to control your opponent through large amounts of damage and many... many snares. As long as you hit them enough times... They get snared! Once your leveled your abilities high enough the class in it's own right can stand firm and strong. But it does take probably the most effort to do well.

Overall: Force Master's having visually stunning abilities. Great game play. Hit for big numbers early on. And have the most unique style of "Mage/Wizard" gameplay from any RPGMMO. (I'm only 1600 here but it is just so fun to play I don't care! =D)

So I'll admit. The game is fun. And I enjoy it greatly. There's many things that could use adjustments and many more things that need adjustments. But as long as the game has content coming out (Look to Korean BnS to find out whats next!) I think it will do well and people will continue to enjoy it. While not everyone will like it. I think as long as you have free time and some space to spare. Download it. (It's free) and give it a whirl it's more fun with friends though! Leveling at first is ok then slow... Then REALLY slow. But it has a great story line with good cutscenes and mostly translated Korean to English.

TL:DR I complained about classes but gave a pretty well driven experience based opinion on all. PvE is lacking but fun. These are my opinions

Thanks for reading my post! Feel free to reply with your thoughts on any given topic or the whole!

I read the whole thing and I really liked your comments on the classes :) My main is an assassin and I think they're fun though! You're right about force/blade masters. Their skills are very unique and I'm in the process of leveling my own force master currently. They're very fun and I'm loving the class c:

But you're right. The game does need adjustments to the combat system.

34 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Uh you can actually auto attack (if you  don't need targetting) a sin out of stealth. Also, forcemasters can tab/1 them out of stealth. Actually every class can knock a sin out of stealth.

While every classes has skills that "Can" (BM Tab, FM 1/2/3/Tab, Destroyer Tab, BD Tab, I don't know KFM skills, Summoners pet) Most classes can't accomplish this because it is based on the location of the specific player in relation to what the server is reporting. I.E. Lag makes it impossible for many classes. Unless you can constantly spam AoE

40 minutes ago, Yahni said:

I read the whole thing and I really liked your comments on the classes :) My main is an assassin and I think they're fun though! You're right about force/blade masters. Their skills are very unique and I'm in the process of leveling my own force master currently. They're very fun and I'm loving the class c:

But you're right. The game does need adjustments to the combat system.

I hope you continue enjoying your classes! (And maybe soon Warlock? =D)

And the adjustments come when we finally get 50 and Hongmoon levels. Since they pulled data from 50+15 however they locked it for programming translation purposes I'm assuming

I have a KFM right now and love his playstyle. Just a little difficult when swarmed by groups of enemies. But the skill combos are cool, especially Stun -> Rising Kick -> Airborne Kick -> Falling Star xD (kick them in the air, then you jump in the air, kick them some more, and the slowmo slam them to the ground with your foot!)

But one thing that bothers me is sometimes in PvE I will definitely get some lag, just some small jitters. It does affect me countering certain monsters every now and thing. Makes me afraid for when I move to PvP - the PvE monsters are a cakewalk, fighting other players with small lag will be a great challenge!

I'm really interested in warlock though too.

1 hour ago, djinn1992 said:

While every classes has skills that "Can" (BM Tab, FM 1/2/3/Tab, Destroyer Tab, BD Tab, I don't know KFM skills, Summoners pet) Most classes can't accomplish this because it is based on the location of the specific player in relation to what the server is reporting. I.E. Lag makes it impossible for many classes. Unless you can constantly spam AoE

I hope you continue enjoying your classes! (And maybe soon Warlock? =D)

And the adjustments come when we finally get 50 and Hongmoon levels. Since they pulled data from 50+15 however they locked it for programming translation purposes I'm assuming

Yes, warlock is something I definitely want to try :) and it's good to hear we'll be getting some changes.

19 hours ago, Kaom said:

Idk man , not a single screenshot or proof of these ratings in game . 

Not sure what to think .

You may feel the need to prove yourself to people. I don't care. You can believe me or choose not to. It's up to you.

KFM is the only class that gets no benefit from left click, putting any points and using left click at all during a fight after lvl 20 makes you "bad".

Regarding Sins, the blind does not actually prevent you from killing them, the blinded player is not incapacitated. All contextual information is still perfectly visible. The KFM has 7 charges, half of which pierce direct and passive defenses, coupled with Armbar you can pretty much force any one into a brawl, even if they don't really want to.

With 20 ping , KFM can do upwards of 50 weapon damage / second , that's the equivalent of 50 unmoded left clicks from any class.

In PVP I played only 10 games, lost one to server DC , won the rest. It's outrageously easy to send someone from Hero to Zero if you ping is decent, but I get like 250 ping so I just stopped ... I just don't have the patience to play on a connection worse then what I had in 1992.

BiNkpVM.jpg

10 hours ago, MegaDeth666 said:

KFM is the only class that gets no benefit from left click, putting any points and using left click at all during a fight after lvl 20 makes you "bad".

LMB is a key skill in the main KFM ani-cancel move....

6 minutes ago, Aerisia said:

LMB is a key skill in the main KFM ani-cancel move....

Why use a bad ani-cancel skill when you can use several other good ones ? 

LMB itself has a "channel time" of like 0.3 seconds , preventing any other skills from being used , the kick also roots you in place. It's just a terribly designed abomination. 

1 minute ago, MegaDeth666 said:

Why use a bad ani-cancel skill when you can use several other good ones ? 

Though I'm certain bad is subjective at this point, it's still pertinent to a number of KFM combos, not just 3RF. To say that it's bad to use and gives no benefits when so many people do use it as part of their rotation with good results seems a little less than truthful.

3 minutes ago, MegaDeth666 said:

This is not a religion. There is no mysticism involved. Try it for yourself.

It's hard to convince someone who's driving a car with square wheels that round wheels are better.

Quote me next time, let me find your shade :)

Never said any of that, just saying it's a little fishy when a large amount of people use it with a large amount of success, and one person goes around saying it's bad and you can't get any good use of it. It's less a matter of square vs. round as it is brand vs. brand, and you trying to tell people they'll suck for not using your brand.

A large amount of people are sheeple, nothing new.

It happens in every game with a modicum of depth, it's usually called "a meta". So clueless player A asks knowledgeable player B what to spec, what hero to choose, what talents to pick, what deck to build, what spot to grind etc. and knowledgeable player B says "the meta is such and such, go there, do that, pick this hero, pick those talents", the average player provides no innovation, only copy-pasta, hence the meta.

45 minutes ago, MegaDeth666 said:

A large amount of people are sheeple, nothing new.

It happens in every game with a modicum of depth, it's usually called "a meta". So clueless player A asks knowledgeable player B what to spec, what hero to choose, what talents to pick, what deck to build, what spot to grind etc. and knowledgeable player B says "the meta is such and such, go there, do that, pick this hero, pick those talents", the average player provides no innovation, only copy-pasta, hence the meta.

I am waiting til the day you become the world champion with kfm. Any of your damaging combo requires focus, without the auto you will run out of focus quite easily or you are not just doing the maximum damage, and auto requires the least amount of time to cancel, if there is another skill that is better compare to auto then please teach me.

And no, silver to low gold doesn't prove anything, majority of people don't even have the right spec.

Archived