From the looks of things assassins need a nerf

animekitty

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, animekitty said:

Never said I got beat, I said mechanics that have no counter play are over powered, aoe is not made for single target combat as such its damage is reduced so no aoe is not the answer to stealth.

To take a sin out of stealth, yes, it does work.

Is this a bait thread?

Op just go you tube n watch how ppl counter assasins.

Owpvp not balanced but arena it is .

As u currently are u have better chance beat a sin  in owpvp than in arena if u over geared him.

Try train n get gud.

U can win vs every class if u try to learn n have patience

5 hours ago, Zakennayo said:

Hell it killed GW2 for allowing such shit to run rampart through the PvP.

Looks like you haven't even played GW2, this kind of shiz is only on the forums there... Just to clarify, in GW2 invisible Thief is useless, can't take points, can't do damage because any dmg will reveal you....

5 hours ago, Sykess said:

>rolling about misty woods
>spots a red skoom
>puts on suit.

>Huntingtime.jpg

>Reks red
>Before dying red lets out Pterodactyl screech
>ohgod.jpg
>Watches hundreds of reds hop out of bushes, under logs, and even a small lyn out of the dying Reds chest
>Gets face rolled

Dude.. you made my night at work...LMFAO

And on topic:

Assassin's aren't OP, they are annoying though.

4 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

Looks like you haven't even played GW2, this kind of shiz is only on the forums there... Just to clarify, in GW2 invisible Thief is useless, can't take points, can't do damage because any dmg will reveal you....

Oh hunny. You weren't there. Originally, it was able to return to stealth after using his AoE. On top of that, his AoE did a *cricket* TON of damage. 

He was given a massive nerf around 3 months later, but by than every had given up on the Dev team. That kind of OP should never have gone past the Beta testing.

4 hours ago, Dradiinmmo said:

In a few weeks NCsoft will release a "Nerf" coupon, for $60-$70 this coupon will place a counter on a particular class, when said class receives 1000 tickets a nerf will be applied to the class for the entire region. Show how you feel about class imbalances and strike down the classes you cannot compete well against !

Don't  give them ideas.

1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

Oh hunny. You weren't there. Originally, it was able to return to stealth after using his AoE. On top of that, his AoE did a *cricket* TON of damage. 

He was given a massive nerf around 3 months later, but by than every had given up on the Dev team. That kind of OP should never have gone past the Beta testing.

Except that I played GW2 since the beta stage 'till recently, Have every class maxed out, except the Guardian (not enough character slots for that). But sure, I wasn't there.... 

Define "his AOE" pls, I'm curious what do you mean by this :D

10 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

Except that I played GW2 since the beta stage 'till recently, Have every class maxed out, except the Guardian (not enough character slots for that). But sure, I wasn't there.... 

Define "his AOE" pls, I'm curious what do you mean by this :D

You really don't sound like you were.. He had an AoE ability that let him throw daggers to surrounding targets up to x amount. The daggers did an outstanding amount of damage.

A common tactic for Rogues were to go invis into a group of targets, spam the AoE, and than invis out when things got tough.

Their even was a video that was spammed on the forums showing just how broken this son of a prick was! Can't find it though, and my thread about it was deleted when i got my refund.

50 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

You really don't sound like you were.. He had an AoE ability that let him throw daggers to surrounding targets up to x amount. The daggers did an outstanding amount of damage.

A common tactic for Rogues were to go invis into a group of targets, spam the AoE, and than invis out when things got tough.

Their even was a video that was spammed on the forums showing just how broken this son of a prick was! Can't find it though, and my thread about it was deleted when i got my refund.

I think you are talking about a wrong game, an ability you're talking about was in WoW, not in GW2 m8 ;)

AOE daggers in GW2 is an Elite skill with 90 second CD. Usage of this ability in crowded room was a suicide.

50 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

I think you are talking about a wrong game, an ability you're talking about was in WoW, not in GW2 m8 ;)

AOE daggers in GW2 is an Elite skill with 90 second CD. Usage of this ability in crowded room was a suicide.

You can thank the guts for that around 6 months + into the start of the game.. God it was a horrible thing..

God it was such a *cricket*ing horrible thing.. It was so bad, I demanded a refund, and got it.

1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

You can thank the guts for that around 6 months + into the start of the game.. God it was a horrible thing..

God it was such a *cricket*ing horrible thing.. It was so bad, I demanded a refund, and got it.

Still, it wasn't GW2 m8 ;) 

And even in WoW, it wasn't really a problem, game was balanced around arena PvP where the Fan of knives ability (that's how your AOE is named) wasn't effective at all, because it got you stunned and killed by the enemy. Rogue was never an AOE class in PvP, especially not with dual-wielded daggers... 

And the only "AOE" usable by Thief in GW2 is Cluster bomb with the shortbow (not very good in PvP though...) and maybe Pistol whip (Sword + pistol), but that's kinda small AOE....

1 minute ago, STR4ng3r said:

Still, it wasn't GW2 m8 ;) 

And even in WoW, it wasn't really a problem, game was balanced around arena PvP where the Fan of knives ability (that's how your AOE is named) wasn't effective at all, because it got you stunned and killed by the enemy. Rogue was never an AOE class in PvP, especially not with dual-wielded daggers... 

And the only "AOE" usable by Thief in GW2 is Cluster bomb with the shortbow (not very good in PvP though...) and maybe Pistol whip (Sword + pistol), but that's kinda small AOE....

It was GW2. You could look up an old video on it about some guy putting points into random stats and abilities and just instant killing hordes of enemy players. It was spammed all over the forums, and still took an additional 3 months to fix the issue. You should be glad you didn't play the game until later on.

3 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

It was GW2. You could look up an old video on it about some guy putting points into random stats and abilities and just instant killing hordes of enemy players. It was spammed all over the forums, and still took an additional 3 months to fix the issue. You should be glad you didn't play the game until later on.

Well, like I said, I was playing GW2 since the beta and I stopped playing recently. There was never any AOE throwing daggers skill used by the Thief class, the class has only the Elite skill, which has 90 seconds CD and is useless against groups of players, because it locks you in the animation, totally defenceless against any damage, therefore any group of players capable of pressing Autoattack button will melt you in second....

The issue with a Thief class was their great ability to escape from combat, but honestly, that's something a Thief should be capable of....

"From the looks of things assassins need a nerf"

And why are you puting this here? do you actually think that NCWest have any influence on this? if you actually want to complain you need to do it on KR forums ... bcs KR makes the patches and balance the game... 

Also there is like 2 - 3 years of patches that are already done and NCwest is just holding the content and not releasing it... "bcs we need to enjoy this content ( which you can do in 4 days )"

48 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

I don't know what you are talking about. I played GW2 from the beta and that elite skill was not even close to op. @STR4ng3r is right.

Back then what you could call op about sin was the Hearthstab skill spam . That was all they had good about them.

Regarding the op problem, if you can't counter a sin you clearly don't have the skills to even ask nc for a nerf. Its like a Bronze in league of legends calling for a nerf on teemo or what not.

I play a sin and my hide is not even close to op because most classes will use aoe or something similar to knock you out of stealth just as you enter or they just do what Destroyer does, spin....

Flashbang can be countered with i-frames. 

So, both have a counter and yet you're saying they cant be countered...

Ive played alot of open world pvp in alot of games and though i havnt done it in BnS much yet (Believe me its coming) i feel like its not as bad as people say

AoEs and certain CDs could be worked on to help this so classes cant bomb large groups while healing (Im lookin at you summoner) and certain classes can counter more often to avoid being hurt too badly by these things

5 minutes ago, Rey said:

I don't know what you are talking about. I played GW2 from the beta and that elite skill was not even close to op. @STR4ng3r is right.

Back then what you could call op about sin was the Hearthstab skill spam . That was all they had good about them.

Yeah, Heartseeker was kinda OP when the game was released, you're right :) And the power of Backstab in combo with Assasins signet was really strong (but both were nerfed, altered quite fast).

Most common problem with gamers is that they don't know how to counter something and therefore it's OP as hell, right? :D :D I see this since I'm playing MMOs, it's been 16 years now, damn, the time really flies by :D

A Destroyer can counter a sin if he knows how and when to attack. Spin2Win is real and can simply wreck a sin that has no patience. Blade dancers are annoying as hell for a sin since they can take out almost half of ur hp with 1 combo while the sin barely takes 20-30% if he combos right. Summoners can be a pain as well for sins since they can keep u snared or knocked down and then spamm abilities on you. Even the Force Master can root you in place everytime you attack him and if he has a friend along, sin can say his prayers. Perma invis doesn't help any sin if he is impatient. Open World PvP is all about gear and lvl(higher lvl than your opponent = win, better gear than your opponent = win). Arena has all stats equalized. You can simply gank the sin with 1 destroyer and 1 summoner. He will be dead for sure but if he runs away then he knows what trouble he is in. 

As a conclusion, Sin can be countered and taken out of stealth if classes that have aoes or resists are around. Take your time and learn the Sin's pattern of attack or play a Sin yourself and see how/when to use specific skills. 

P.S: I complained about destroyers/summoners/blade dancers since the very beggining yet i see no "nerfs" or "balance". 

This has been RedRedemption of Cardinal Gates

Take Care

10 hours ago, Sykess said:

>rolling about misty woods
>spots a red skoom
>puts on suit.

>Huntingtime.jpg

>Reks red
>Before dying red lets out Pterodactyl screech
>ohgod.jpg
>Watches hundreds of reds hop out of bushes, under logs, and even a small lyn out of the dying Reds chest
>Gets face rolled

RENTROY AAS CERULEAN ORDER

Archived