GameGuard not starting after patch (Feb 4) (Game Runs Fine)

This morning I updated the game and when I started it up I noticed that GameGuard never started up. I was able to log in fine and play the game. This evening I tried again same thing happened. I see files for GameGuard still on my computer but it doesn't start up and I don't see the process running at all when I have the game up. I don't really feel safe playing because I don't want them to see this and assuming I am bypassing it somehow and ban my account. Has anyone heard any word on this or had this happen to them. Yesterday it was up, just today it wasn't. Restarting the computer did not help have it start.

I get zero errors or zero indications of an error, I just noticed that GameGuard does not start up anymore when I hit Play Now in the launcher. Normally GameGuard started up between that button and the Blade and Soul splash screen and you saw an icon in the lower task bar and a window pop up when it was starting. Anyone else see this occurring?

So restarting didn't help. Tried a file repair didn't help. Followed instruction here (https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207195096-GameGuard-Errors) on deleting the GameGuard files in my directory and it did re add one .erl file to a GameGuard folder but that is it. I have the old folder and there are 15+ files in it that the game didn't redownload. To me that would assume that they are not being used anymore which includes the splash screen. Something in the last patch must have been changed I guess.

I also have been having this issue and have tried a ton of fixes I've found regarding gameguard from reddit and on here and the forums and nothing has worked tho I'm not able to actually play due this and haven't been able to since the last day or so I've been at my computer.

Archived