People need to stop complaining

EmeraldPhoe

7 minutes ago, EmeraldPhoe said:

This game is excellent in my opinion.

And in my opinion, this game could be even better.  The game is already set up to potentially be a long-lasting MMO in the west with a strong following; but you cannot deny NCSoft's actions so soon after the release date is not helping it achieve that.

While they can't possibly fix all the issues with the game less than a month before its release; their lack of communication regarding these issues yet continual release of various cash shop items (complete with RNG and high prices) make it appear as if they're not even bothering to address any of the issues. Furthermore, it's been shown that NCSoft actually went out of their way to change things in the western release to provide for a harsher/more difficult experience/overall less rewarding experience compared to foreign versions, which is unprecedented.

Rather than continuing the hype for BnS and trying to live up to it; NCSoft looks to be taking steps to try and milk as much money out of the hype as they can. Heck, even Nexon right now looks like they're interacting with the community more then NCSoft. Yeah, Nexon.

21 minutes ago, EmeraldPhoe said:

RNG is easy to handle. If you aren't getting your items that you need leave for a while and come back. I am pretty sure the RNG works like this.

Incorrect, RNG isn't out to "Screw" you, it's random. You're just getting *cricketed*. All leaving and coming back does is let you cool off.

16 minutes ago, 900040_1452550654 said:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. :P

Yes, they're entitled to their ignorant opinions.

15 minutes ago, EmeraldPhoe said:

Yea, but the game hasn't even been out for a full month and people have so many complaints. I mean it was released on Jan 19 for everyone to play. Now people somehow expect devs to solve every and all problems within a month and work  on release content and other side projects they have to handle.

No. This game is ~3-4 years old. They put out a game with GIANT flaws, people are angry, and rightly so. It's not even that people expect for the devs to "Solve" everything, but a simple acknowledgement that our cries of frustration are being heard would do a LOT to assuage our ire.

12 minutes ago, Korene said:

A lot of people have actual issues that go past unfairness. The true complaints definitely outweight the posts of people asking for free things and this false claim of p2w. That is what's scary people having actual issues and ncsoft doing absolutely nothing not even a comment or a sense of acknowledgement. 

I agree, there's a lot of valid claims, however people do need to learn to provide constructive feedback other than complaints.

tl:dr People are *cricketing* because there's problems, and NCWests biggest misstep isn't that they released a game with flaws in it, but that they don't have chat moderators on the forums talking to the populace and making them feel heard. As it is now, it feels like you're shouting at a brick wall.

Well we need to complain so this will alert the devs. Of course there are those people who complain repeatedly , but that just shows how much problems they need to fix in BnS. I am totally patient, it's just that people can complain because there is something wrong. People aren't going to stay quiet about the issues.

Just now, AionCheesecake said:

I've seen the mods reply several times to complaints. .-. Their responses get buried, or the same thread/content gets posted over and over again, so people don't see where the response was posted anymore because it's in thread-A-zomgbots and not threads-B-C-D-E-F-zomgbots.

There's a devtracker, which I follow VERY closesly. The mods make a couple posts a day.

Would you like them to post more or actually work on the problems behind the scenes?

Speaking from experience, it's hard to do both in a standard workday.

Edit:

Also, what do you want them to say? The same threads get posted over and over again.

"We heard your complaints and we're actively working to address them"?

Then the kids would whine about the pre-packaged response.

2 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

Would you like them to post more or actually work on the problems behind the scenes?

Speaking from experience, it's hard to do both in a standard workday.

Community Managers and Chat Moderators /=/ Devteam

They're entirely different jobs.

Community Managers act as a conduit for the forums, social media, etc, to express their feedback and then relay it to the devs. If you'd like a great example of an engaged community manager just look at Warframes support staff. They're in the nitty gritty sorting stuff out, merging posts, and helping players.

I think op actually wanted to say that some complaints are just silly. For example many peopel called p2w the RNG boxes . I mean u can even see what it drops where is the p2w item ?  You are mad that the publisher put in the game the RNG boxes ? well thats not the way to show it! and welcome to the club neither i wanted rng boxes , but at least these ones dont have any p2w items. Tho i'll keep in mind the the publishers didnt stick on their word and i wont trust them on future promises! 

Also LordLokai same work here as in-game :P ? we were saying the same on me when we were talking about AH . ( btw i thought u were talking about prices , jsut a while ago that the same bug happened to me i udnerstood what u ment that the AH is totally messed up and bugged. If u ment  that yes i totally agree with what u said in-game.)

1 minute ago, Kermithefrog said:

I think op actually wanted to say that some complaints are just silly. For example many peopel called p2w the RNG boxes . I mean u can even see what it drops where is the p2w item ?  You are mad that the publisher put in the game the RNG boxes ? well thats not the way to show it! and welcome to the club neither i wanted rng boxes , but at least these ones dont have any p2w items. Tho i'll keep in mind the the publishers didnt stick on their word and i wont trust them on future promises! 

Also LordLokai same work here as in-game :P ? we were saying the same on me when we were talking about AH . ( btw i thought u were talking about prices , jsut a while ago that the same bug happened to me i udnerstood what u ment that the AH is totally messed up and bugged. If u ment  that yes i totally agree with what u said in-game.)

Soulstones is one item that can cause great concern. Endgame, Soulstones are extremely important and valuable because they're used in alot of crafts and upgrades. Being able to just buy them with cash means you're able to instantly upgrade your equipment, or sell them on the marketplace for huge monetary gains. It's definitely a valid reason to be wary about these new gachapon boxes.

34 minutes ago, EmeraldPhoe said:

Well if you have a problem with it go play on the korean version and that will solve all your problems.

What are you like 5?

I dont live in Korean and I damn sure wasn't going to play the game there. If you are a gaming coming in the US you should know your market.

The reason why people are complaining is Ncsoft is *cricket*ing up. Its not like they dont know how to do good F2p. Aion has an excellent F2p set up and I expected it would be the same with this. Instead I get crazy queues at the beginning of the game, lame premium taking out stuff that should be basic in the game (money drops..wardrobe, skills tab), my friends getting banned for no reason but I see hella bots and spammers going crazy with no GM supervision..the list goes on. Then they have the balls to put in a RNG box???? NCsoft turning into the new NEXON/TERA...garbage. I used to respect NCsoft..cause I played Aion for years. This shit they are pulling is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Kermithefrog said:

hmm u got a point ! Not max level yet so i didnt know about the soulstones. Tho is it 100% to drop from boxes ? else im not sure if its worth it to just get boxes for them. but not sure how much money / box

Not 100% that I know of. But there have already been reports of whales accruing THOUSANDS of soulstones by opening hundreds of these boxes. While this does mean it'll lower the price of them on the marketplace, there is still a huge rift between free players, who's incomes are incredibly low due to how currency works in this game, and players buying these boxes.

Archived