Help! Should I buy the Red Queen costume? Or things with actual value on investment.

Meerkat

Should I buy the Red Queen costume for my Lyn Summoner?

Or should I buy...

"Odesza - In Return" music CD for $11.99 from Amazon; I've been told I'll like this CD...

"Fallout: New Vegas" AAA game for $9.99 from Steam; can you go wrong with 100+ hours of gameplay in a meticulously crafted world with a finely crafted story and deep character roleplaying?

Samsung EVO+ 32GB microSDHC card for $12.99 from Best Buy; I could use one for my Surface.

"Top Gear UK Season 16" blu-ray for $13.79 from Amazon; I really like Top Gear UK...

I know I'll like all the other things I've listed a lot, and on paper, they all offer vastly superior value, but at the same time, I am extremely partial to red pixels and middling quality texture work.  Gee, I hope I'll be able to use the same costume on my other characters.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:53 PM, kittenesse said:

I believe the Red Queen costume is limited to Gon only :D So maybe there's your answer.

Shush.  I am 110% confident Red Queen will be made available for Lyn in a future patch.  And if not, I have no qualms running around with sleeves that are way too long for my tiny T-rex arms.

2 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Should I buy the Red Queen costume for my Lyn Summoner?

Or should I buy...

"Odesza - In Return" music CD for $11.99 from Amazon; I've been told I'll like this CD...

"Fallout: New Vegas" AAA game for $9.99 from Steam; can you go wrong with 100+ hours of gameplay in a meticulously crafted world with a finely crafted story and deep character roleplaying?

Samsung EVO+ 32GB microSDHC card for $12.99 from Best Buy; I could use one for my Surface.

Top Gear UK Season 16 blu-ray for $13.79 from Amazon; I really like Top Gear UK...

I know I'll like all the other things I've listed a lot, and on paper, they all offer vastly superior value, but at the same time, I am extremely partial to red pixels and middling quality texture work.  Gee, I hope I'll be able to use the same costume on my other characters.

I would go buy a Black desert Online starters pack for $30 Then you will have a game you won't feel ripped off in.

On 2/5/2016 at 6:42 PM, Dradiinmmo said:

I would go buy a Black desert Online starters pack for $30 Then you will have a game you won't feel ripped off in.

Most of what I've regarding Black Desert has not been good; outside of crafting perfect waifu, there's not much else to do.

Plus, we're trying to give the Hongmoon Store a chance here.  At $30, the alternatives... well, let's just consider some of them:

TWO piles of pixels or any THREE of these games:  "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion," "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," "Fallout 3," "Fallout: New Vegas."

TWO piles of pixels or THREE months of Netflix during which I can rewatch BBC's "Sherlock" about a hundred times.

On 2/5/2016 at 9:58 PM, Wolfgart said:

Tell your mom if she can add up the fund for next allowance then decide after Feb 10 patch :)

But I want to be ripped off now.

On 2/5/2016 at 9:58 PM, Wolfgart said:

Tell your mom if she can add up the fund for next allowance then decide after Feb 10 patch :)

Omg, I heard there were going to be new costumes for Valentines?!  Should I buy the Red Queen or wait for a Valentine's Day costume?!

Or should I get like... ten DLC's for "Payday 2..."

Or maybe "Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor."  Or maybe "Life Is Strange" complete.  Pretty much any single item off the front page of Steam right now...

I've really been thinking about entering the competitive Life Is Strange scene.  I heard it's pretty tough, but I'm really good at FPS games so I think I'm ready.

I'm guessing you have never played a f2p ncsoft game before, as a general rule of thumb, unless you are money pouring out of your eyes rich, never buy anything outside of the subscription & amazing bundles (and when I say amazing, I mean, a bundle of every costume on the shop currently in account bound versions for 500coins during black friday kind of amazing) and with bns even the subscription is debatable and with only getting 2 slots per account f2p players might find themselves just making new accounts for more slots because nothing is account bound of value so premium for 1 of those accounts wont be worth it at all then anyway.

Aslong as you follow those simple rules, you will have a great time in ncsoft games until they kill it off as they have done so with every game they have gone f2p with so far.

27 minutes ago, Azseri said:

I'm guessing you have never played a f2p ncsoft game before, as a general rule of thumb, unless you are money pouring out of your eyes rich, never buy anything outside of the subscription & amazing bundles (and when I say amazing, I mean, a bundle of every costume on the shop currently in account bound versions for 500coins during black friday kind of amazing) and with bns even the subscription is debatable and with only getting 2 slots per account f2p players might find themselves just making new accounts for more slots because nothing is account bound of value so premium for 1 of those accounts wont be worth it at all then anyway.

Aslong as you follow those simple rules, you will have a great time in ncsoft games until they kill it off as they have done so with every game they have gone f2p with so far.

I think you are being extremely negative and unfairly critical of NCSoft's business practices.  Your negativity hurts my feelings and the community as a whole.  We should seek to unify under NCSoft's benevolence.  Do not fall to the Dark Side of consumer protection interests.

Also, having more than two character slots per account is silly, and Blade & Soul NA / EU will live at least as long as World of WarCraft because it is equally well developed and polished, has just as many features, all in addition to a less predatory cash shop.  You can actually pay to have a max level character in WoW.  Talk about P2W.

Blade & Soul even lets you make alterations to your character in case you make a small mistake during character creation for ONLY $12.

21 minutes ago, Zorael said:

I think you should decide on comparetheMEERKAT.com *nudge*

Ummm, no.  ComparetheMeerkat.com is an incredibly racist website in the way it attempts to create categories for Meerkats to belong in.  Meerkats span a wide spectrum of colours ( tawny to burnt Savannah sand ), with varied personalities and interests, and a rich and diverse history ( some lived in this bit of England, others lived in the other bit of England ).

You both are also off topic, and I should report you both, but I won't because I'm nice.

Archived