Sick of people getting mad because they can't have everything for Free.

Mithrilangel

8 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

You're worried about the game and yet you're demanding people who disagree with you to be quiet.

You're a hypocrite.

I am not demanding people who disagree with me to be quiet. Nice try buddy.

You are a special dude I need to figure out how you can come up with this. Are you referring to what I said about people who threaten to quit the game if NCSoft doesn't implement their wishes?

Outfits are in infinite supply. They are  digital good. Do you know how many copies you can make of a digital good? Infinite ammounts. They do not consume resources besides the bills required for the server. NCsoft doesn't have to pay production costs for them beyond the initial production value. Defending terrible pricing schemes for non-account wide digital goods is not doing anyone a favor except teaching NCsoft that they can rip you off because you have no sense of the value of your money or of their digital product.

Also, kudos for the 'you just want everything for free' strawman, OP. Burns really well.

Maybe before going off about "people" wanting everything for free you should have thought about who the hell these "people" are. You're just throwing shit around like everyone in this damn game was everything free. That is clearly not true. We don't want $1 costumes, we just don't want some RNG shit boxes that have like less than 1% chance of getting the costume. Literally $100 bucks of boxes and not a single costume. How is it a good idea to leave players gambling for aesthetics? They should have just stuck to fixed priced costumes.

Well from my experiences with MMORPGs I can tell if you want a new options to spend money into the game you will have it except when it is content exclusive to  RNG boxes.

Changes of an Asian MMO-Grinder like Bns is to a more reasonable balance will properly never happen or only when it doesn't involve to change the code and you hit your lucky day.

The story is great, the arena pvp is great , the progress until endcontent is kinda acceptable(but only thanks to the login RNG game). I didn't done the math but you have to play this game 4-6 hours a day even with premium  to get you progress in the endcontent. Well this isn't pay to win not even pay to skip.

RNG boxes are part of nearly every MMO these days just don't pay them.

What really bother me is how you need to do crafting, open PvP and PvE(for recipes and bagua and Equip)  simultaneously. People are forced to do stuff in which they don't find any fun. I'm in a GW2 gild(NcSoft owns Arena) and we face the same problem there most of our members don't want to do pvp for the new weapons so they are stuck with what they have.

If I complain about anything it is that I need to do to many compromises just for the sake of playing this game.

2 minutes ago, Mithrilangel said:

I am not demanding people who disagree with me to be quiet. Nice try buddy.

You are a special dude I need to figure out how you can come up with this. Are you referring to what I said about people who threaten to quit the game if NCSoft doesn't implement their wishes?

My bad, I thought you were Emeraldphoe. They're the ones telling everyone to be quiet. These forums seriously need to give us the option of changing our damned profile pictures.

Anyway, you're not too far off from what that person's trying to do. Yeah I hate doomsayers just like everyone else, but official forums are there for everyone to state their opinions, whether for or against the game. You can't say with a straight face that the cash shop system in this game as of right now is fair or balanced....especially when the Taiwanese version is surprisingly better. Take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/444t7r/naeu_and_taiwan_premium_membership_comparison/

Now why can't we have that system? It's fair. It's balanced. It's great for the player as well as the company. The players don't feel like they're getting jipped for not paying nor feel nickle and dimed for paying, while at the same time there's enough of a carrot there that has players WANTING to pay.

Face it, we're getting jipped. This coupled with the "changes" the localization team did on the story to make the game more "welcoming" to us is what's killing alot of players' desires to continue to play, including my own. And I've been wanting to play this game for years ever since the Korean version was just a teaser trailer.

"Sick of people getting mad because they can't have everything for Free"

Cool, now you can go slash your wrists over this. QQing about QQers lol. I don't like that either but it is because people don't understand that this is a business. However I'm not trying to act as if I represent NCsot Corps to decide what people can or can not have. Get over yourself and play the freaking game like the others QQers should. Now this is even more annoying, the crying about what people want or don't want. If you don't represent this company ..Shut THE *** UP!!! Enjoy the heck out of this game please. it is NOT and I repeat, it is NOT real life.

On 2/5/2016 at 4:56 PM, Mithrilangel said:

Hi,

Maybe I shouldn't have said don't act like a spoiled brat, you may be right. But thats how I felt of some people telling the game is Free to play and costumes take few pixels to make so they should be free as well. No one wants everything for free? You have to make your research better before talking. Also I don't accept you claiming only people who pay are entitled to an opinion. I didn't say nor imply that.

The smile at the end, true made me look bad but seriously? My parents?

Ok lets move on from that I have nothing to say about that comment.

The costumes are on average 10$ each. You want them cheaper but not 1$. Most people I refer on my original post tell they are so effin expensive and make it sound like it is unfair. Tell me then, what is your acceptable price between 1$ and 10$ which is neither cheap nor expensive. Take a look at the prices of skins, luxury costumes on other games as well.

The cheaper outfits are 10, which is fine, but go closer to 15 and thats not reasonable. An ideal price range would be 5$-12$

If you read the next line after i mentioned your parents youll see the point i was trying to make there

Alot of people complain when they shouldnt ill admit.

4 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Outfits are in infinite supply. They are  digital good. Do you know how many copies you can make of a digital good? Infinite ammounts. They do not consume resources besides the bills required for the server. NCsoft doesn't have to pay production costs for them beyond the initial production value. Defending terrible pricing schemes for non-account wide digital goods is not doing anyone a favor except teaching NCsoft that they can rip you off because you have no sense of the value of your money or of their digital product.

Also, kudos for the 'you just want everything for free' strawman, OP. Burns really well.

Oh my god, talk about my logic but look at you. No one's forcing you to buy anything out of the store. Also welcome to 2016. Do you only buy CD's to listen to music or kasettes? Oh wait they are mp3s and they should be free because making an identical copy literally takes 0 production cost. Am I being ripped off for buying the identical copy of the artist's work? For a free to play game I find $10 costumes not a rip off. I have sense of the value of my money. If it provides me entertainment and if my character is gonna look super cute / badass etc. which makes me happy who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't spend it. I see entertainment worth spending money on.

No one forces you to read forums if it triggers your fanboyism this much, while you are here trying to defend them i still have to try 10 times before i manage to buy something off the marketplace.

But at least we got rng boxes god bless

5 minutes ago, Mithrilangel said:

Oh my god, talk about my logic but look at you. No one's forcing you to buy anything out of the store. Also welcome to 2016. Do you only buy CD's to listen to music or kasettes? Oh wait they are mp3s and they should be free because making an identical copy literally takes 0 production cost. Am I being ripped off for buying the identical copy of the artist's work? For a free to play game I find $10 costumes not a rip off. I have sense of the value of my money. If it provides me entertainment and if my character is gonna look super cute / badass etc. which makes me happy who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't spend it. I see entertainment worth spending money on.

It's okay man. I agree with you 100% You gotta understand though that these forums aren't a place for rational thinkers. It's plagued by negativity and whiners who want things just given to them. They want features to be fixed when there is nothing wrong with said feature. I promised myself I wouldn't bother coming to the forums because I knew it was going to be like this...

On 2/5/2016 at 5:44 PM, Mithrilangel said:

He has a point though

Its a digital thing that doesnt have a cost outside of the initial cost and the prices that are greater than 10$ are hard to justify because of this

And even then i think 12$ would be a fine line to push

18 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

My bad, I thought you were Emeraldphoe. They're the ones telling everyone to be quiet. These forums seriously need to give us the option of changing our damned profile pictures.

Anyway, you're not too far off from what that person's trying to do. Yeah I hate doomsayers just like everyone else, but official forums are there for everyone to state their opinions, whether for or against the game. You can't say with a straight face that the cash shop system in this game as of right now is fair or balanced....especially when the Taiwanese version is surprisingly better. Take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/444t7r/naeu_and_taiwan_premium_membership_comparison/

Now why can't we have that system? It's fair. It's balanced. It's great for the player as well as the company. The players don't feel like they're getting jipped for not paying nor feel nickle and dimed for paying, while at the same time there's enough of a carrot there that has players WANTING to pay.

Face it, we're getting jipped. This coupled with the "changes" the localization team did on the story to make the game more "welcoming" to us is what's killing alot of players' desires to continue to play, including my own. And I've been wanting to play this game for years ever since the Korean version was just a teaser trailer.

Wow, you actually transitioned from "I destroyed you here is a MEME to make fun of you" comments to actually well written comment I really like. I took a quick look at the discussion will take a closer look on the discussion but yes, I am not defending perfection of the game and how everyone should shut the hell up. No, on the contrary I agree with many points people make here. Rng boxes, I am not happy with either probably one of the things I would never consider buying. You and other people gotta understand my main point.

-I am not generalizing all people who are unpleasant of some aspect of the game.

-I am not referring to people who actually are providing valid feedback to the company.

-I am not a fanboy nor have I any relation with the company other than this being their first product I play seriously.

-My point is I don't enjoy people with ridiculous demands filling up the front page with quitting the game threats and why this game is unplayable. Its very hard for the game to get big and continue to get balanced / patched up with new content if you lose people  + scare away new players. We will never see this game at the point where we want it to be if that becomes the case. If I want to persuade a friend of mine to play this game with me, first thing they will do is look at the forums for feedback. Its hard when top 10 posts they see are all doomsayers.

Just now, Mithrilangel said:
  • No you can't have everything in the hongmoon shop for free.
  • No costumes can't be made 1$ each.
  • They let us know they are constantly working on the bot issue and have taken steps already. But you have to mention it so maybe they read your post and make everything free for you.
  • Stop acting like a spoiled brat and grow the *cricket* up :D.

It's perfectly fine to express concerns and ask for improvements to the game, but mentioning / threatening you are quitting the game while doing so? I will never respect you kids.

The amount of content and quality I get out of this game is out of the world without having to spend a dime. Believe it or not they need to make money, it is not a charity. We are already given the opportunity to enjoy %99 of everything for free but you want Hongmoon shop to be free or so ridicilous cheap. In order for this game to get big and be all hyped-up, they need people to buy the luxury cosmetic items or gamble their chances on paid RNG boxes. Like Leauge of Legends arguably the most successful MOBA out there, this game has the potential to dominate the MMORPG world and once they get big believe it or not they will have many more resources to make this game even greater.

If they win you win but all you qqers want only yourself winning and don't give a damn about the people working who made this game possible. You throw around threats quitting the game, come here on forums to assert dominance with your QQ posts and scare new players out of the game because you couldn't have everything you wanted your way. Guess what, nobody will miss you and you are a hypocrite if you don't quit the game. Please quit the game and never come back.

Regards

32905264.jpg

2 hours ago, Mithrilangel said:
  • No you can't have everything in the hongmoon shop for free.
  • No costumes can't be made 1$ each.
  • They let us know they are constantly working on the bot issue and have taken steps already. But you have to mention it so maybe they read your post and make everything free for you.
  • Stop acting like a spoiled brat and grow the *cricket* up :D.

It's perfectly fine to express concerns and ask for improvements to the game, but mentioning / threatening you are quitting the game while doing so? I will never respect you kids.

The amount of content and quality I get out of this game is out of the world without having to spend a dime. Believe it or not they need to make money, it is not a charity. We are already given the opportunity to enjoy %99 of everything for free but you want Hongmoon shop to be free or so ridicilous cheap. In order for this game to get big and be all hyped-up, they need people to buy the luxury cosmetic items or gamble their chances on paid RNG boxes. Like Leauge of Legends arguably the most successful MOBA out there, this game has the potential to dominate the MMORPG world and once they get big believe it or not they will have many more resources to make this game even greater.

If they win you win but all you qqers want only yourself winning and don't give a damn about the people working who made this game possible. You throw around threats quitting the game, come here on forums to assert dominance with your QQ posts and scare new players out of the game because you couldn't have everything you wanted your way. Guess what, nobody will miss you and you are a hypocrite if you don't quit the game. Please quit the game and never come back.

Regards

hmmm LOL best moba out there explains everything keep doing it man u da real mvp .

being f2p means free to play not buy 2 play so get over it

bots always a problem on online games all of us know it but if u fail multiple times for stopping them its ur fault just simple if u allow to someone steal from u its ur fault first !

i played this game on TW server i never experienced random crashing client problems i dont think they are really focused to fix this

while other server client's dont have any problems or our client was on cbt dont have crash problems its NC NA-EU's fault

if u give ppl game f2p make sure you run your game smoothly

ppl is tired of being dc everytime or cant login for hours etc

if u want ppl support ur game b4 u launch this game just make it good make it supportable

no1 wanna support dev who never helps ur tickets or always say same "reinstall client redownload deactivate ur security program bla bla"

making outfits in item mall really good way to make money from game for developers i support this item mall thing but if its going to be in RNG box it sucks

no1 looking for free outfit boxes or something like that

and salvage only costumes from IM is stupidity

3 minutes ago, StephCurry30 said:

hmmm LOL best moba out there explains everything keep doing it man u da real mvp .

being f2p means free to play not buy 2 play so get over it

bots always a problem on online games all of us know it but if u fail multiple times for stopping them its ur fault just simple if u allow to someone steal from u its ur fault first !

i played this game on TW server i never experienced random crashing client problems i dont think they are really focused to fix this

while other server client's dont have any problems or our client was on cbt dont have crash problems its NC NA-EU's fault

if u give ppl game f2p make sure you run your game smoothly

ppl is tired of being dc everytime or cant login for hours etc

if u want ppl support ur game b4 u launch this game just make it good make it supportable

no1 wanna support dev who never helps ur tickets or always say same "reinstall client redownload deactivate ur security program bla bla"

making outfits in item mall really good way to make money from game for developers i support this item mall thing but if its going to be in RNG box it sucks

no1 looking for free outfit boxes or something like that

and salvage only costumes from IM is stupidity

I said most successful, not the BEST. What you enjoy playing more is a preference... But the most successful one keeps getting bigger and better additions + advertisement and stage dominance because they can.

I don't know how many crashes you are getting but having played WoW and Diablo 3 I find the amount of server crashes I experienced acceptable.

Anyway good talk, I get it, most of the complaints are not because you want everything free. In that case I wasn't telling anything to you anyway.

This is my last post. Gotta go.

Threads like this are no different from the threads of people complaining and quitting. You look just as dumb as they do.

And it isn't really about having things for free. Nobody here is asking that everything be free. We know companies need to make money. The thing is, though, the way a lot of this stuff has been handled compared to every other region just reeks of trying to squeeze every cent out of the player, which is profitable business thanks to whales, but it wont sustain this game in the long term and it'll just drive away future profits. The RNG costume boxes are just the start. 

Well I'm  also on the halfway to quit and neither I want everything for free nor I want complete everything in an instant but the workload on players even with premium is just insane everytime when I dig deeper into the game I found new stuff I need to do  by my calculation I would need to play this game another 2-3 months to complete it as it is with 6+ hours playing but we will get new content in 4 days .(I started with official lunch day and played it daily)

I know to well that there are always player who know more about the game and leveling faster then everyone else.(and some of them use goldsellers) This is one part the other is when the majority of players hit the initial max level of those asian-grinders more then 90% of the players quit after some time. It not because it is a bad game but because we all know how those MMO's work and which tricks they use and how this end.

Those who continue playing those games thinking everything is about competition inside an MMO and demand even more challenging content. Challenges are not bad on their own but the combination  always leads to an toxic community and a broken game design(new players are drowned in stuff they need to do).

MMO's like Diablo  or GW were always the safe-heavens for players which doesn't wanted involved with this stuff(GW2 has fallen with the new expansion)

What I mean is those toxic MMO became super dominant in the market but compare that to the numbers of a game like Minecraft which is semi-MMO and not toxic 100kk players while 1kk are logged in at every given time.. with a graphic which is complete crap.

Just to say how much more in numbers the not so hardcore players are in the west, I don't think this will change anything for this game but well I said it.

Archived