Why do i have 7-15 FPS in Terror/Wyrm battle? I just upgraded my GTX 770 to AMD R9 390x....

MENT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was this Poharan battle... not sure on number of players, but it was up in the dozens.

Normally that battle runs at 20-30 fps here, and it was for 1-2 minutes... but then it just started lagging for an entire 3 minutes at 10-15 fps (reduction of one half), then went back to normal after the battle.

You have too much recent hardware

Suggested fix is to downgrade to something from 2012

Source: I get stable 60 fps all maxed out (even the shitty aa) with a couple of pre historic potatos and 10 fans strapled to them

11 hours ago, Lunaus said:

Upgraded?  You sure NVIDIA -> AMD is an upgrade? When it's a known fact a lot of games are optimized around Intel/NVIDIA? Hardware aside, the issue is a game optimization, spec the settings for Combat and it should lighten the load otherwise Ctrl+F.

If you do not understand these things then please do not talk, this is not a them vs us topic. R9 390x should easily be able to crush this game considering the card should be able to beat a 970 or a 780 Ti. In terms of raw computing power a R9 390x (which is even the same as a R9 290x) and was released 2.5 years ago now still performs BETTER than a Nvidia 980 Ti. What makes Nvidia win out is the drivers and architecture (and gameworks), it will be interesting to see what Dx12 will do regarding this. Either way, OP should not under any circumstances be lagging and it is simply something set up wrong since I have a R9 290x and I am a lot higher FPS. Possibly his computer switches over to integrated GPU or something.

EDIT: I mean if we are just talking about potential computing power then a AMD radeon fury x2 will absolutely crush a titan x even.

17,204 GFLOPS vs

6,144 GFLOPS

There is a reason AMD cards were used for bitcoin mining. ;)

32 minutes ago, Formus said:

AMD lost the race with Nvidia few years ago already

AMD is still cheaper per unit of performance, as it always has been. Unless you want to spend 700-1500$ for top of the line, then AMD is by far superior. They also use less wattage for more performance. Anyways, off-topic.

This isn't an AMD/Nvidia issue. It's an obvious optimization issue, as I noted that Poharan battle was running fine, then all of a sudden FPS dropped in half for 3 minutes, with no discernable cause.

This game relies on CPU a lot, more then you think. 

So many Koreans have been having issues with this, as more characters appear in the screen, the GPU usage drops and CPU usage goes up. 

Some Koreans have tested high GPU usage and low CPU usage when there are few characters around, but low GPU usage and mid CPU usage when there are a lot of characters around. 

So, it is known in Korea to change the CPU instead of GPU if you want better fps for this game. 

So I would try upgrading your CPU instead of GPU. 

Just now, LazyFox said:

This game relies on CPU a lot, more then you think. 

So many Koreans have been having issues with this, as more characters appear in the screen, the GPU usage drops and CPU usage goes up. 

Some Koreans have tested high GPU usage and low CPU usage when there are few characters around, but low GPU usage and mid CPU usage when there are a lot of characters around. 

So, it is known in Korea to change the CPU instead of GPU if you want better fps for this game. 

Well all MMOs rely a lot on the CPU, the problem is that we are still just using one core and not spreading the load over several. You gotta wait for Dx12 for those kind of games. ;)

8 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

Well all MMOs rely a lot on the CPU, the problem is that we are still just using one core and not spreading the load over several. You gotta wait for Dx12 for those kind of games. ;)

Was not aware that we are using only one core

Back in Kr server, I was using all 4 cores so I automatically thought it uses all cores.

Oh well, people have been complaining alot about the optimizations anyways. Haven't really fixed it.

1 hour ago, Formus said:

i7 5700HQ Broadwell

8gb DDR3L

GeForce GTX960M GDDR5

128GB ssd with w10 and bns

blackwyrm around 40fps, else 60 (cap)

I call lies! Or you have turned some settings down... Provide screenshot/video to make me believe this.

I can only run Blackwyrn/terror @ 20-25fps with every graphics setting on max using the following:
Intel i7 6700K (Skylake)

16GB DDR4 (3000MHz)

Geforce GTX 970 Overclocked (matching GTX 980)

OCZ-SSD'drives for the whole system

Should I believe that this setup is getting crushed by a notebook with lesser hardware?

This game is bad optimized.
My CPU only use about 30-60% on two of the cores, and the fans on my GPU doesn't even start.

Game bottlenecks only with lots of characters on the screen.

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

I buy AMD if I'm spending between $150 to $180 CAD, but if I'm spending over that price range, I go with nVidia. My current desktop, I'm using GTX 760 I purchase back in 2014. Most of the time, I'm using AMD for the bang-for-my-buck. As of this time, I don't see the need to upgrade yet. Beside, I still got my ROG GL552VW-DH71 for gaming on the go =)

I find this video interesting, but it's nothing new to me.

"Why do i have 7-15 FPS in Terror/Wyrm battle?"
PC specs doesnt matter game is not optimized well... I have i7 6700k and GTX 980 ti... and i also have 20 FPS during BW fight in misty forest ( on ultra ) If i use the " optimize for combat" option i get 40 - 60 fps during BW

1 hour ago, Formus said:

i7 5700HQ Broadwell

8gb DDR3L

GeForce GTX960M GDDR5

128GB ssd with w10 and bns

blackwyrm around 40fps, else 60 (cap)

Come on now less of the lies

I have an R9 390, and even with 'optimized for combat' setting I have horrible lag during combat sometimes. Even in PvP 1v1. WTF?

Average FPS at poh24/wyrm/terrors is like 10-20 but that is not even my problem. The combat lag is. It makes PvP unplayable with two freaking characters on the field.

I remember that, while leveling, I had constant 120 FPS and even while PvPing on level 30, no lag. How did you manage to *cricket* the performance up within the course of two weeks?!

(Btw. by lag in this instance I do not mean latency issues, I play with constant 30-35 ping. I mean lagspikes that freeze the game for a short time)

Call me stupid, but the main reason I purchase my nVidia graphic card was for the ShadowPlay feature which automatically records the last 5 Minutes of gameplay. It really useful during cases of recording conflicts and cheaters. It's also a great tool for capturing those awesome moments and wtf moments =)

I've never really bother to use AMD Raptr software, none of the features it offers really matter more than 2-3 years ago. I really do hope AMD get back into the game with nVidia heavy dominance in the Video Card market.

Why won't people understand that it doesn't matter if you have nVidia or AMD graphics card... The freakin' "bottleneck" is the CPU. It's not even a real bottleneck, it's just incredibly bad use of system resources.

Please, download a resource monitor software and check the GPU usage in high populated areas / battles. You'll be surprised that even a potato video card won't reach 100%.

I find it funny that OP upgraded the most irrelevant PC component (for BnS) and expected to see improvement.

P.S. You can CrossSLIFire x 328472 your video cards all day long and won't get any performance improvement in BnS.

Archived